Booked Cinderella's Royal Table for Aug Trip Yesterday & Alkershus

freshstart19

Mouseketeer
I went online yesterday to try to change our Be Our Guest lunch reservation for the last week in August. I have 2:20 for lunch but am hoping to get around 11 or 11:30 since it will be a EMH day for MK and we'll be starving by 2:20. Have never been to BOG. I was shocked to see Cinderella's Royal Table show up for the first morning of our trip so I grabbed it for 8:10am on our first morning. I have tried to do this for years but never got it. I wasn't diligent about getting a reservation though.

Do older kids enjoy it? My DD is 12. I think she'll love being in the castle. I wanted to share this in case someone really wanted that restaurant and have stopped trying. I'm thinking of surprising her with this one. Also going for lunch to Alkershus which we haven't done. Is that experience much different than Royal Table? Perhaps, it's overkill to do both. Also going to Mama's for the Fantasmic lunch deal.

:tink:My kids were DD: 16 & DS: 21 when we had our first dinner there. They both LOVED it! Great attention from the Princesses! Although there were older, they both got the wand & the sword (I think it was). Fantastic Individual pics with both of them. It was a magical day!

We did both this last trip. Our 5 year old princess niece loved every minute. For the rest of us it was a bit overload to do both. The food and time with the characters were better at Askerhaus, but eating in the castle is a bucket list kind of thing. I would weigh when you think it would be best to eat there for your daughter. If she doesn't really care about the princesses, I would do the castle for that once in a lifetime experience.

Thanks for your replies. She does like the princesseses. I have my Anna and Elsa FP and also one for Cinderella and Raphunzel. Raphunzel was hard to get when we went to WDW in 2012. We are going on a 3 day cruise on the Dream after WDW. We'll see princesses there as well.

I went online yesterday to try to change our Be Our Guest lunch reservation for the last week in August. I have 2:20 for lunch but am hoping to get around 11 or 11:30 since it will be a EMH day for MK and we'll be starving by 2:20. Have never been to BOG. I was shocked to see Cinderella's Royal Table show up for the first morning of our trip so I grabbed it for 8:10am on our first morning. I have tried to do this for years but never got it. I wasn't diligent about getting a reservation though.

Do older kids enjoy it? My DD is 12. I think she'll love being in the castle. I wanted to share this in case someone really wanted that restaurant and have stopped trying. I'm thinking of surprising her with this one. Also going for lunch to Alkershus which we haven't done. Is that experience much different than Royal Table? Perhaps, it's overkill to do both. Also going to Mama's for the Fantasmic lunch deal.

I snagged at CRT for lunch a few weeks ago and we check in on 7/26. We also have Akershus for the trip too. My niece requested the CRT reservation herself and she very much enjoyed it last summer and Akershus too. She's 13

We are doing both CRT and Akershus on our next trip, but my youngest is 7.

My 16 year old and I would both do CRT, even if it was just the two of us. We would skip Akershus if lil' sis wasn't with us.

Even my 8 year old boy enjoys CRT. (He'd never admit it though.)

Akershus is fun, and since we got an 8am ADR we are doing it, but to us it doesn't have the same magic as CRT.

Just be aware with the 8am park openings all summer your 8:10 breakfast will mean missing the best park time... Not trying to be a downer I'm sure you and your daughter will have an amazing time! If anyone is looking for one of these coveted breakfasts I'm betting a lot of the 8 to 9 AM reservations will be opening up soon with people disappointed they're not getting in early.

I just wanted to add I realize that Disney has not updated their hours for August yet but I have a photo shoot scheduled in the Magic Kingdom that was moved an hour earlier because operations has decided to open the Magic Kingdom at 8 AM "all summer" this this has been confirmed by numerous brides on our Facebook group as well all of us have had our shoots moved up an hour this is been confirmed from brides starting as early as the middle of July through the end of August

Last edited:
I just wanted to add I realize that Disney has not updated their hours for August yet but I have a photo shoot scheduled in the Magic Kingdom that was moved an hour earlier because operations has decided to open the Magic Kingdom at 8 AM "all summer" this this has been confirmed by numerous brides on our Facebook group as well all of us have had our sheets moved up an hour this is been confirmed from brides starting as early as the middle of July through the end of August

Bleh.

We aren't early risers. I was looking forward to 9AM opens.

And yeah I was too... They did this on our last trip in October 2012 too so we missed out on a pre-park open CP ADR

OH... Everything I saw said 9am park opening! That morning will be our second day at MK. It would definitely be an issue if that was our only MK day. My daughter will be excited. I'm planning on surprising her. Just can't decide if it will be when we show up or a week before so she can look forward to it!

I may have to keep my eyes peeled for a CRT lunch instead of breakfast! Thanks again for the heads up on the time change.

I'm checking every day for the update but DFAP said Operations was opening the park at 8am every day (that better be the reason my shoot got moved up or I will not be a happy camper) I just grabbed an 8am BOG breakfast for myself. I figure for us that will be a half hour stop at the most plus we have lunch there the same day... But it's one of our last MK days so I'm just going with it.

I went to CRT for the first time when I was 27 and loved it! I think as long as your kids like characters and still feel the Disney magic, they'll love it.

I personally don't think Akershus is as fun as CRT, but lots of people love it. We've never found the food to be amazing, and found the character experiences to be rushed. In my opinion there's just something special about dining in the castle, and we had a great meal last time we were there.

If you've never done either, go ahead and try both to compare! You'll get to meet Belle in her golden dress at Akershus!

I'm keeping both for now. Perhaps, we won't have to stand for line to see the princesses on the cruise!

I just wanted to add I realize that Disney has not updated their hours for August yet but I have a photo shoot scheduled in the Magic Kingdom that was moved an hour earlier because operations has decided to open the Magic Kingdom at 8 AM "all summer" this this has been confirmed by numerous brides on our Facebook group as well all of us have had our shoots moved up an hour this is been confirmed from brides starting as early as the middle of July through the end of August

In July too?? I leave next week! What about EMH? 7 am opening instead of 8?

If they change it that's exactly what would happen. It's possible Disney Photography didn't receive correct info from operations but I know a bride scheduled about the 10th or so was also moved up an hour. Sorry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter