Booked at Wilderness Lodge in a Courtyard View

Check out post #5 of the awesome WL FAQ Thread for descriptions and pictures of the different room categories.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3201827

Not to just state the obvious, but a courtyard view room has a view of one of the courtyard from the balcony. And a woods view has a view of the woods from the balcony. And if you get just the right area of woods view, you can see the castle. :thumbsup2

What you request depends on what you want. Upper floor? Ground floor with a patio? Close to elevator? Close to lobby? It's always best to describe what you're looking for instead of asking for a specific room.

Courtyard, the balcony is toward the pool/courtyard area. When we were there in summer 2010, we were upgraded from woods to courtyard, and we were very happy. Depending on your floor, courtyard can be louder due to the pool noise. Also, I've read that there are some woods view rooms have a partial view of MK, again depending on your floor (tall trees).

Also Post #4 in the FAQ thread has a map showing where the room locations are. Like dansdad said, your preference is up to you.

One factor of interest for some is that the QS restaurant is on the first floor in the middle of the North wing, so North Wing rooms are generally closer to it.

Thanks. I wanted woods view but they were all gone :/ i will just request a balcony and a higher floor.
All rooms have balconies, but some have open railing and others have enclosed railing since they are recessed into the top level of each section. Some prefer one over the other, but most are open.

If you really wanted Woods view, you can get a similar view from a Courtyard view that overlooks the villas courtyard, which are on the South side of the South wing. These will be quieter than the inner courtyard view rooms, but don't have as nice a view of the lake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter