1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Booked at POR, change to WL or Poly?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by jeeperwy, Feb 9, 2013.

1. jeeperwy

jeeperwy Mouseketeer

We are currently booked at POR for Mar 2-9. Since DH is not going with us, we don't "need" a deluxe (even though we are only a party of 4, we usually need that extra bed!). It will be me, DS16 and DS10. We usually stay at either Poly or the cabins and have never stayed at a mod. So now my Libra is kicking in and I'm starting to get wishy-washy!! In all our trips I have never taken a bus to MK, and I'm starting to obsess about it. WL would be $1000 more and Poly would be $2000 more. What would you do?

Thanks!!
    Kari

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. softballmom3

softballmom3 DIS Veteran

I have stayed at POR and we loved it! For that amount I would definitely use the money for other things while I am there. :goodvibes

While it isn't deluxe it has been recently renovated and is a beautiful resort! Buses weren't bad when we were there.

There is a diser that runs a website for port orleans....... www.portorleans.org I believe if you want to check it out!

Here is also a very current thread that is similar to yours that might help:
    http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3061271

4. monkeybug

monkeybug <font color=blue>I feel safer when I know where th

I've stayed at POR twice, and the Poly twice too. I love the Poly, but for that amount of money I would hands down stay at POR! It is a beautiful resort, the rooms are newly renovated, and the pool is just as fun. (if not more)
    Would you ever spend $2,000 more to take a train rather than a bus across town?
    Another option is to do a split stay, and plan on staying at the Poly on your MK days, or days when you have a lot of time to enjoy the resort.

5. FantasiaMagic

FantasiaMagic DIS Veteran

If you think you and your family would like to be close to MK and would like to have transportation other then a bus/car - they WL/POLY is the way to go.

WL is a lot cheaper the POLY and has a boat that goes to MK and CR.
    POLY is on the monorail and has a great pool and other amenities.

POR has a nice pool i hear and a boat that goes to DTD.

Good Luck choosing!

-FantasiaMagic princess: