Booked a package, upgrading some tickets??

carj

DIS Veteran
I booked a package today using a PIN and I only booked the 1 day tickets that were required. I was planning on upgrading to length of stay after I pay the balance off. This give me a little more time to save up!;)

5 of us will be travelling together. I know that we all have to be on the same package but I wonder how that affects ticket upgrades.

I was wondering if it is possible to upgrade 3 of the tickets for the length of our stay. Can I do that once I arrive, or is that wrong? I don't want to break any rules. If this is possible, it would be prefect for our group as at least one person is planning on going to the parks for one or two days.

If not, we will upgrade all 5 and move on!

Thanks!

As far as I know and understand, if you book a a package everyone on the package needs at least a one day ticket (if they are eligible - I think it's age 3 and over?). Once you get there, you should be able to upgrade as many or as few tickets as you want.

You can upgrade as many tickets as you want for as many days as you want once you get there. From what I understand the only way you can do this on a package without everyone needing the same length of time on their tickets is to upgrade once you get there.

Once you have checked in and received your tickets, the tickets are no longer part of a package and each stands alone and may be upgraded differently.

For a lot more information you might want to look at the Everything About WDW Tickets locked sticky in the TPA&S Forum. Especially the items bolded in the list below.

Post and Contents

1. This Table of Contents
2. Magic Your Way (MYW) Ticket Basics Including Definitions
3. Annual Passes and Water Park Tickets
4. Tickets Available Only to Florida Residents
5. Tickets Not Available to the General Public
6. Upgrading MYW Tickets (Not to Annual Passes)
7. Upgrading Tickets to Annual Passes

8. Dealing With Tickets Issued Prior to 1 January 2005 (Pre-MYW)
9. Children and Adults
10. Special Events
11. Comprehensive MYW Ticket Example
12. Hotel Card (Key To The World (KTTW))
13. Lost Tickets
14. Finger Scans
15. Frequently Asked Ticket Questions.
15A. Hopping Rules
15B. WPF&M With No Expire
15C. No Expire Upgrades
15D. Upgrading an Unused Ticket
15E. Upgrading Special Tickets
15F. Checking on Old Tickets
15G. Renewing Annual Passes
15H. Upgrading a Completely Used Ticket
16. 2010 Give A Day, Get A Day Promotion
17. Information on Disney's Armed Forces Salute 2010
18. Prices Effective August 2, 2009
19. Special Promotions and "Free" Tickets
19A. AP 15 Months for Price of 12 Renewal
19B. Florida Resident Four Day Dream Ticket

To get there directly, follow the link in my signature.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter