Booked 3 nights at CSR in February, good idea?

Emrys

Earning My Ears
Just wondering if people have been in February. It looks like the average temp is like ~70F, which is fine with me. I'm guessing it will be pretty light in the crowd department. My first night is 02/07 (a Sunday).

Is there anything going on that is crazy during this month?

Going solo for the first time, and I'm kinda excited :thumbsup2

Two years ago I was there in Feb and it was 29, yes 29 degrees for a day or two. Not swimming weather for me! but there were plenty of folks in shorts and flip flops, either having neglected to bring warm clothes or just determined to consider it warm enough lol.

Last year we had one day at CSR in mid Feb that was really warm enough for me to swim- maybe mid 70's.

As long as you bring a few warmer clothes and don't plan your trip around swimming, you'll have a great time. It can be fairly cold one day and fairly warm the next.

We visted WDW in February '06 and again in February '08, and found the weather to be fantastic. We wore shorts most days and only had to wear long pants and sweatshirts a couple of times. My kids also spent plenty of time in the pool! You will need a sweatshirt or light jacket in the evenings. Crowds are also MUCH lighter!!

Thanks for the responses.

I'm a hoodie type of guy (I must have like 20 of 'em, lol), so I'll have some warmer clothes with me. CSR is pretty centrally located, so if I gotta get back to the room, it'll probably only be an hour, round trip. I'll have to keep an eye out on the weather, of course.

It doesn't look like there are any major things going on convention wise. I think the ISEE is gonna be at CSR that week. They look to be an organization of Explosive Engineers :eek:.

I plan on going to MK on Sunday for the extended night hours. Epcot on Monday, to stay late for the fireworks. Then either AK or DHS on Tuesday. Not sure which yet. Maybe both :)

No trip to the CSR from any park is more than 15 minutes. We rent a car every trip and drive everywhere. However, this past September, we decided to try the buses and it tooks us exactly ten minutes to get to the MK and exactly ten minutes to get back. We've also stayed at CSR eight times and there has always been a convention going on -- whether small or large -- and it has never interefered with our vacation. They leave the buses/pools emptier while in meetings and I actually feel sorry for them because I'm having fun and they are working.

I really like CSR (as you can probably tell from my sig :)). The buses are the main draw for me. I'm not really a "kid" person, and for the most part, CSR bus rides are very tolerable.

I really should step out of my comfort zone and try a new resort. I'd like to try BWI, but jeesh, that is like 3 times the price. I don't see that as worth it, for me, and my budget. Some day I'll splurge.

I really like CSR (as you can probably tell from my sig :)). The buses are the main draw for me. I'm not really a "kid" person, and for the most part, CSR bus rides are very tolerable.

I really should step out of my comfort zone and try a new resort. I'd like to try BWI, but jeesh, that is like 3 times the price. I don't see that as worth it, for me, and my budget. Some day I'll splurge.

I know how you feel. We've stayed at CSR eight of our last nine stays (that stray visit was back to the Poly). We've done the CR and Poly numerous times before switching to CSR but, like you, we just can't justify the cost (especially with two boys in college). Our next trip we hope to do a split stay with the AKL and one day we'd like to try the BC...other than that, we have nho big desire to try any of the other deluxes and are more than happy at the CSR.

I sure hope it isn't 29 degrees....yikes!

I would love to be able to swim since we are staying at AKL. We will also be going to EMH on the 7th at MK....I am so excited to be in the park until midnight!!!!

For some reason I thought I was leaving on the 13th for the past few weeks :rolleyes:!

To my surprise I'm leaving a week early :upsidedow You'd think I didn't even book the thing myself. Go figure...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter