Book through AAA or Disney?

meloneyb21

DIS Veteran
Is there anyway to enter your AAA discount info when you book through Disney on-line? Or should I just book through AAA website? For those who have used AAA before, what is the process to booking with them? Is there hassle or is it just as easy as using Disney's website? Do I have to speak personally to an agent or can I just book AAA myself and go about my business? I like to do things without talking to people. But I obviously will if I have to. I guess you can tell I'm new to AAA.

If you are booking a room only you can call Disney or AAA to book.

If you are booking a package, you can only book through AAA. I booked online with AAA. I communicate usually through email, but you can call with questions (and to make a payment). I was not charged a fee, but others have indicated that when they booked with their local office, they were charged one (I would call and ask).

I prefer to not speak with people, so booking online has been great. AAA will not watch for discounts for you (at least that is what I have been told), so if you do find a deal, you would need to call/email them.

The bonus for booking with AAA is you get a parking pass (we drive so it should be beneficial) that allows you to park in a designated spot at each park. You also get a discout card that will allow you to have 10% off at select places (I think WOD, maybe others? not sure). This is pretty much the only way to get a discount when booking the DDP (unless a special is released).

Any questions, ask away.

We always use AAA and it is very easy. We tell them what we want or what kind of room and it is always available. However we go in February so it isn't as crowded. Don't forget to use Magical Express! Enjoy!

I've always called Disney and was able to get an AAA room only discount.

I was under the impression that if a package was booked thru AAA or travel agent you would not be able to make changes if necessary - AAA or travel agent would need to do that. That would be the only reson for me not to book thru AAA. But I really don't know if this is true.

How about payment? I know when you book through the Disney Website you can make payments and only have to put $200 down. Can you do that with AAA? I would really like to make payments. I don't want to put anything on a credit card. I would rather pay $100 more and pay cash.

Nolcrest said:
I've always called Disney and was able to get an AAA room only discount.

I was under the impression that if a package was booked thru AAA or travel agent you would not be able to make changes if necessary - AAA or travel agent would need to do that. That would be the only reson for me not to book thru AAA. But I really don't know if this is true.

You are correct. AAA owns the reservation, and you cannot call Disney to make changes. We booked through AAA and needed to change our dates. My agent called and there were no rooms available. I called and was told there were plenty of rooms. So I had to call the agent back, and ask her to call again. Instead of being able to just handle it myself, I had to involve another person, and too many phone calls. If she had been off work that day, I would have had to wait until she returned to work, and those "plenty" rooms may have been booked.

For us, there was no benefit to booking through AAA. The special parking isn't any better than for everyone else. As for the discount at DTD, just show your AAA card.

The bonus for booking with AAA is you get a parking pass (we drive so it should be beneficial) that allows you to park in a designated spot at each park.

Disneygirl,

Since we thought we had parked so close, we didn't realize there was a tram stop for the AAA lot at MK. It was a pretty decent hike to the TTC, and with so much walking to be done, conserve what energy you can! On our last MK day, we rode the tram back to our car, but it is the last stop! You will get a nice tour of the parking lot. The tram operators are very amusing, so we didn't mind!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!