Book SW one way or wait for RT dates???

travelin' tigger

DIS Veteran
I know there was a thread on this topic before but I couldn't find it.

Here's the situation:
I'm heading to WDW/RCC cruise October 23-November 1. Dates are open for my flight down, but not the return trip. I have some ticketless funds I want to apply to the trip.

Do I:
1) Book one way (very little available for times and NO non-stops @ $79) and apply my ticketless funds

2) Book one way without ticketless funds and apply them to the return trip when dates are released

3) Wait for return trip dates and book everything at once using my ticketless funds (and hoping for $79 each way or some other promo rate when the new dates are released)

I'm leaning toward #3 and taking my chances, but would like to hear what other people have done in the past and/or get your opinions. I tried calling SW for their help, but the rep I got was absolutely useless!!! Plus I figured DISers knew more anyway!!!

Thanks for any help you can give me!!! :teeth:

If you want a $79 fare book now. Are you willing to pay whatever it takes to get non-stop flights with good times? If so you might as well wait.

The availability of deeply discounted fares for the desirable flights may be limited. You don't have a lot of options. Are you willing to fly down the night before? Not sure flying into Tampa is an option.

I never even thought about Tampa!! They have some better times and also N/S flights to choose from. Now, if I buy this one way flight using my ticketless funds and then the RT flights/dates come out, I'd cancel the one way, putting that money back into ticketless funds and rebook as a RT flight, right?

UPDATE: I ended up calling SW and am going to wait until I can book RT.

Thanks for your help!! :teeth:

Originally posted by travelin' tigger
I never even thought about Tampa!! They have some better times and also N/S flights to choose from. Now, if I buy this one way flight using my ticketless funds and then the RT flights/dates come out, I'd cancel the one way, putting that money back into ticketless funds and rebook as a RT flight, right?

UPDATE: I ended up calling SW and am going to wait until I can book RT.

Thanks for your help!! :teeth:

Exactly right!!! Sorry I was at work, just got home. I don't access the internet at work, way too busy for that. :)

I would book tbe 79.00 fare now, and wait. If it comes out that a rt will be lower, cancel the first one and apply it to the round trip.
Make sense?

Oh, btw, were you the one that told me that there is no expiration date on the drink coupons? If so, how do you go about using them. I just picked up a BUNCH of them, but one of the books expires on 6/30/04 and we are not going until 9/04.

Yes, I was the one who told you about the drink coupons. On my Jan. flight I had ones with exp. dates of 12/31/03. I asked the flight attendant and she told me they were still good.

So enjoy!!! :teeth:

Yes, I was the one who told you about the drink coupons. On my Jan. flight I had ones with exp. dates of 12/31/03. I asked the flight attendant and she told me they were still good.

So enjoy!!! :teeth:

Interesting, I have heard this from more sources than you, but, you I trust. :) Will have to give it a try. Or, sell one book here or there.
I will let you know if I have any left overs. :)

Have a WONDERFUL time!!!!! I wish I were going too. :)

While I was packing last night I discovered some of my drink coupons left. I'll let you know how I did since they "technically" expired last Dec.

While I was packing last night I discovered some of my drink coupons left. I'll let you know how I did since they "technically" expired last Dec.

Thank you and again, have a wonderful time. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter