Book Magic 2014 this year or wait til 2013 Dream cruise?

briarrose1

Disney Fanatic Since 1995♥
I want to book the Magic for Fall 2014. Not sure if I should book this year after dates come out, or wait til we cruise on Dream Oct 2013 to get OBC, discount, etc.

I'd love to sail on her after all the renovations since she was our first DC, but not sure if it will be slim pickings. 2 Adults only this time which will work in our favor!:hug:

The best recommendation I can make is to book as soon as the itineraries come out. This is usually the best pricing. When onboard in 2013 you can re-shop the cruise and if you are able to get a better price book it. You can then cancel your first booking (if not concierge) and keep the lower priced one.

I've done this several times and sometimes the first booking is less and sometimes re-booking onboard is best.

I have been wondering the same thing. I've seen the recommendation to book on opening day and then re-shop that sailing while onboard. The part I'm not sure I understand is what happens if you get a better deal (overall, including OBC) while onboard. I looked at the fine print in the confirmation e-mail for our March 2013 cruise, and it says that there is a cancellation fee if you outright cancel your cruise. Does DCL waive the fee if you re-book the same cruise, or do they modify your existing reservation... or something else? :confused3

I have been wondering the same thing. I've seen the recommendation to book on opening day and then re-shop that sailing while onboard. The part I'm not sure I understand is what happens if you get a better deal (overall, including OBC) while onboard. I looked at the fine print in the confirmation e-mail for our March 2013 cruise, and it says that there is a cancellation fee if you outright cancel your cruise. Does DCL waive the fee if you re-book the same cruise, or do they modify your existing reservation... or something else? :confused3

LisaLisa great name BTW;) I was told by BJ's travel that if I outright cancel, the $100 fee applies. If I delay, change, basically NOT ask for money back, (think store credit) there is no fee charged. Or, what I could do, is just take the one cruise, put a "dummy" hold on a cruise for 2015!:lmao: I think as long as they have our business and we are before the payment in full date, they'll be happy:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts