book early and re-book when sale rates come out?

Luisfba

Mouseketeer
I'm looking at going late April 2017 (4/18 to 4/23 - it's the Tuesday after Easter through that Sunday), Boardwalk Villas. Problem is historically (per mousesavers) the discount rates for that timeframe don't get released until late December or early January. If I wait until then.. I won't have the opportunity to do '180+10' for my ADRs (which, since I'm planning to go on a busy period.. I will need).

How do you folks recommend handling situations like this? Do I just grab a room now, and then cancel and re-book when the sale rates come out?

(related question - when would we expect Orbitz or Cheaptickets to have discount codes through April? Currently they only go through December).

Thanks

Are y ou a DVC Owner? Are you planning on Renting points or booking directly through Disney CRO?
If you wait it is highly unlikely that you will be able to get a Boardwalk Villa. If you book now lots of folks believe you reduce the chances of those rooms being discounted at all. Disney discounts rooms to fill them. If they are full there is no reason to discount them.

Not a DVC owner. I was planning to book directly.. but I don't think full rack rate at peak fits my budget. (thus my questions).

I'm looking at going late April 2017 (4/18 to 4/23 - it's the Tuesday after Easter through that Sunday), Boardwalk Villas. Problem is historically (per mousesavers) the discount rates for that timeframe don't get released until late December or early January. If I wait until then.. I won't have the opportunity to do '180+10' for my ADRs (which, since I'm planning to go on a busy period.. I will need).

How do you folks recommend handling situations like this? Do I just grab a room now, and then cancel and re-book when the sale rates come out?

(related question - when would we expect Orbitz or Cheaptickets to have discount codes through April? Currently they only go through December).

Thanks
Not a DVC owner. I was planning to book directly.. but I don't think full rack rate at peak fits my budget. (thus my questions).
Book what fits your budget without a discount. Upgrade if/when a discount comes out.

If you will only book BWV with a discount, I would suggest picking a resort and room category that currently fits your budget and book that for now. That way, you will have a reservation to make your ADR's at 180 days and one that fits your budget. When discounts are released, I would be online that morning prepared to either modify your reservation or, if the website is glitchy, make a whole new reservation and then cancel the existing one.

Book what fits your budget without a discount. Upgrade if/when a discount comes out.

If you will only book BWV with a discount, I would suggest picking a resort and room category that currently fits your budget and book that for now. That way, you will have a reservation to make your ADR's at 180 days and one that fits your budget. When discounts are released, I would be online that morning prepared to either modify your reservation or, if the website is glitchy, make a whole new reservation and then cancel the existing one.

I agree with both of the above :thumbsup2.

Thanks. Makes a lot of sense.

That said, what are the chances there will be a discount (and availability at that time) for those dates?

There's a reason Disney doesn't release discounted rates too far in advance. They make these offers if they feel the need to book more rooms. So, if a lot of people book way in advance, Disney sees no reason to offer discounted rates! It's a catch 22 situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter