1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Book Airfare to Galveston thru DCL or on my own

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by msalazar, Jul 24, 2012.

1. msalazar

msalazar Earning My Ears

I am not sure which is cheaper. DCL is charging 607 per person for roundtrip airfare from LAX to Houston, TX. It does include a one night stay at the Marriot and transportation from airport to hotel to the port. Transportation after cruise to the airport as well. Any suggestions? First trip on DCL. I am also worried that the flight will not be nonstop. I was told you would receive your itinerary 45 days prior to departure. Would hate to find out that I am being booked on a red eye and connecting somewhere to my final destination. Thanks in advance.

2. alaskanabbott

alaskanabbott DIS Veteran

Hmm, I may look into that. I'm leaving from Alaska and $607 is the cheapest we have found to Houston, then we would need two rooms (there are 8 of us) and transfers or rental car. I'm sure it will be more expensive for us coming from AK, but it's not the huge price gouge I thought DCL had for flights. Have you searched how much the flight, transfers and hotel will cost separately?

3. msalazar

msalazar Earning My Ears

I will start doing my homework on that. They do have a Hilton by airport and have enough points for a free night. I am just worried about the flight...I don't like not knowing until 45 days before. We are looking into the 8 day Western Carribbean cruise in late April.

4. JenniferC

JenniferC Earning My Ears

I booked everything myself. Airfare,rental car and hotel stay before and after. I like to have control of the where and whens. But to each either own. It was a lot more difficult finding information about the Galveston port ins and outs than Port Canaveral. Good Luck.