Bonnet Creek

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by cleolvr711, Apr 24, 2006.

1. cleolvr711

cleolvr711 Earning My Ears

Has anyone ever stayed at Bonnet Creek? Any comments?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Bonnet Creek is not a Disney resort, so you will not get the same benefits as staying on site. It is located on property that is adjacent but not part of Disney property.

4. Janet Hill

Janet Hill DIS Veteran

We've stayed there and it is a great resort. No you do not get disney amenities (like extra magic hours), but you can't get any more convenient than here without being on Disney property.

The resort is beautiful. The pool area has a lazy river and a kid's play area. I don't think the mini golf course is open yet (not sure). There is a game room for the older kids. They do have planned activities, but we didn't participate in any of them, so I'm not sure what the offerings are. The staff was very helpful and courteous.

Definately a great place to vacation.

5. yourgoingagain?

yourgoingagain? WDW and U/O AP holder

It is a very nice resort. I stayed in a 2 bedroom, it was large and quite nice. Also, it feels like you get away from the area although some people do not prefer that. When they finish the construction it will have a great deal of amenities. It is very convenient to DTD and MGM.

You cannot get to the entrance of Bonnett Creek without driving through Disney property. Although your not officially on Disney property (thus no EMH) you would not know it unless somone (this board is full of them) points it out.

6. MickeyMickey

MickeyMickey DIS Veteran

Rented from an owner we had a 2 bedroom and a 4 bedroom last September. 2 bedroom was o.k. 4 bedroom was awesome!!!!!!!!!!

7. littlestar

littlestar DIS Veteran

Here are some nice pictures of Bonnet Creek:

http://bonnetcreek.com/

We have friends that are Fairfield points owners and they said Bonnet Creek was the nicest Fairfield resort they have ever stayed at.

8. DisneyGerry

DisneyGerry DIS Veteran

Is it finished being built? I thought on that land they were building a golf course and another hotel along with Fairfield's Vacation Club?

Gerry

9. horseshowmom

horseshowmom DIS Veteran

Would you be willing to share the owner's contact info? I'm looking at a house with 6 BRs, but this place looks really great too, so we might do the 2 and 4 like you did. Thanks!

10. Lisa P.

Lisa P. DIS Veteran

DisneyGerry, the Fairfield Orlando at Bonnet Creek Resort has opened the main (4-story?) "Village Center" building and one (7-story?) "tower" condo building - both have condos; the Village Center contains other recreation areas too. Another (taller) tower was scheduled to open this weekend and the third tower is scheduled to open in October 2006. The fourth & fifth will open in 2007, I believe. Only the main pool & recreation area is open. The second pool & rec area is under construction. There will be at least three around the lake.

The golf course & club has not yet been built. Wyndham is supposedly putting in a luxury hotel in Bonnet Creek as well as there being space for up to three more hotels.

Sbclifton, the website shown by littlestar offers rentals here. There are also Fairfield owners who are willing to rent out points-based reservations at TUG (see my sig below). It's a really nice resort. Hope that helps. :)

For anyone interested, Fairfield Resorts has added more photos and video clips to their resorts' webpages. You can watch them with dial-up or broadband and see what they look like for yourself. pixiedust:

11. horseshowmom

horseshowmom DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info!

12. DisneyGerry

DisneyGerry DIS Veteran

Yes, Thanks for the info

Got reservations in August with a split with the YBC for the other part of the vacation

13. firkat

firkat Dumbo or Die!

Can y'all tell me anything about the transporation system? Is it within walking distance of Epcot?

14. Lewisc

Lewisc <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

You'll know it when you find out you that you don't get Disney transportation, can't walk to any place to get Disney transportation and find out that BCR only has a few buses to the TTC. Guests at BCR either need a rental car, not a big deal, or will probably need to take some cabs to fill in.

Posters who say BCR is all but on Disney property give posters like firkat the wrong impression.

I agree the property is adjacent to Disney property. You'll have a short drive to many of the parks and may even get views of Disney BUT the resort doesn't have any of the benefits of staying on-site. You'll probably want to rent a car and you'll be paying to park at the theme parks.

15. TotoToo

TotoToo And Your Litte Dog Too!

The walk to Disney transportation is no longer at Bonnet Creek than some, not all, of the Disney resorts. Anyone who depends on that method of transportation for a whole stay would, in my opinion, end up very frustrated at the amount of time they waste standing around waiting for buses and traveling between resorts/parks/transportation centers. Unless you are on the monorail line to me a car is needed at any other on property resort - Disney or not.

Other than that the unit sizes, features and grounds at BC are as good or better than Disney resorts. Certainly way better than the Disney hotels and in most cases better even then the Disney timeshares. It is surrounded by Disney not just a lot adjacent (as if that really matters).

The distortion is the continued statements that Bonnet Creek isn't the being at Disney experience. In reality 95% of it is the same Disney (the parks and grounds don't know where you are staying) and better for less money. We have tried both and found the Bonnet Creek experience not only equal but a better time than the Disney resorts themselves. The savings are a bonus feature. If it's worth a smaller unit, less features and more money for having your packages taken and charged to your room rather than the front gate then pay more and enjoy it. The cost difference in a 7 day stay can pay for many days of parking as well as the car for the trip and you'll still have some cash left over for extras. It isn't all about cash and if the experience wasn't great I'd be the first to say so. That it is great makes it worth letting others know the great option BC is.

16. Reflection

Reflection DIS Veteran

Just wanted to throw in that guests with a current Annual Pass or Premium Annual Pass do not have to pay for parking at the 4 theme parks.

17. Lewisc

Every Disney resort has Disney transportation right at their resort. SoG guests can walk to the TTC and to the POLY to take Disney transportation. Guests staying at the DTD hotels (on Disney property) can take buses that run every 20-30 minutes or they can walk to DTD and take Disney transportation. Many guests staying at WDW resorts rely on Disney transportation.

BCR guests have to drive , take a cab or rely on a very limited shuttle schedule before they can take Disney transportation. AFAIK there is no safe way to walk. Nothing wrong with renting a car but after reading the descriptions that some people post you'd think you could walk from BCR to EPCOT.

I'm sure BCR is a nice property, as are many other nearby timeshare places. I agree, it doesn't really matter, but BCR is bounded by I-4 on one side. AFAIK Disney doesn't own I-4 so the property isn't surrounded by WDW property. I think at least one of the other timeshare properites is also adjacent to Disney property.

Timeshare properties such as BCR, Vistana, Hilton Vacation Clubs and so on can provide a great vacation experience for many guests. I don't disagree with any of your comments regarding the value that a property like BCR offers.

My only objection is when people say things like on property or surrounded by Disney property and imply BCR offers things that other timeshare properties offer SUCH AS DIRECT ACCESS TO DISNEY TRANSPORTATION.

18. Lisa P.

Lisa P. DIS Veteran

Firkat, the Bonnet Creek free shuttle bus runs a few times in the mornings and a few more in the evenings. You are asked to reserve your space and time by the day prior. You are picked up at the recreation building (Village) and dropped off at the theme parks (except for MK - just like Fort Wilderness buses, you are dropped off at the TTC). If you miss your return bus, you may take Disney transport to the BoardWalk, Caribbean Beach Resort or Downtown Disney. From any of these, it's a cheap, short taxicab ride back to the Bonnet Creek resort. Regardless, having your own vehicle is easier and more convenient, if possible.

The resort is located next to Disney's Caribbean Beach resort, on the same side of Buena Vista Drive. BVD runs between the Epcot resorts (like the BoardWalk, at the back of Epcot) and Typhoon Lagoon/Downtown Disney. Bonnet Creek is about midway between BW and TL, under a mile from each, I'd say. However, since BVD is a busy multi-lane highway with NO sidewalks, it is absolutely NOT walkable.

19. Lisa P.

Lisa P. DIS Veteran

You know, your "only objection" was not raised on this thread, prior to your first post on it. As has become so common on this board, even the very first response to the OP was a "warning," if you will, rather than a helpful reply from someone with actual actual firsthand experience staying at Bonnet Creek, as sought by the OP's question.

It's gotten tiresome. Could we please skip the soapbox, people (y'all know who you are!), and be helpful in answering the actual questions? This is, afterall, the Orlando Hotels forum, not a Disney Resorts forum nor a DVC forum nor a Community forum for venting frustrations about tangents and other related issues. The OP and others here simply asked about firsthand vacation experiences at this resort on this thread. I'm sure I'm not the only person who would appreciate this info and would like to be able to read about this resort without having to wade through repeatedly highjacked threads.

I sincerely doubt you (you do know who you are) would appreciate others going onto your favored forum and doing this with their pet peeves about threads of interest to you. You all don't seem like the kind of people who would normally do this yourselves, yet you have with this issue. So, I ask you (those of you who need to read this) as kindly as I can... please, please stop.

20. Lewisc

Get off Your soapbox. firkat asked, the post directly before my first post in this thread, if you can walk from BCR to EPCOT.

Given that I find the rest of your post rude. I answered the actual question that was asked. People who think they can walk to EPCOT, or some other Disney location, in order to take Disney transportation should be warned.

To avoid future debate BCR is not located on land that is (or ever was) owned by WDW. It is not surrounded by, or in the middle, of WDW. The resort is bounded on one side by I-4. Some timeshare salesmen, and posters, imply that BCR has some extra benefits being so close to WDW. It has no transportation benefits nor does it offer any of the amenities availalbe to WDW guests.

Tell us how nice the units are. Compare it Vistana, Orange Lake etc. Even tell us about a WDW view from you room. Just don't say anthing that implies there is any official WDW benefits guest get.

21. FayeW

FayeW DIS Veteran

I really wanted to rent a unit here, but I was afraid I woiuldn't be bright enough to figure out what "Fairfield" meant when I saw it plastered all over the property, letterhead and in-room correspondence. I imagined myself thinking I was surrounded by Disney property (instead of merely bordered on 3 sides) and spending my week waiting in vain for a Disney bus that never came. (I'm sure I wouldn't be bright enough to be able to take a shuttle bus without Disney emblazoned on it).

So, I booked somewhere else that could never, ever be construed as being on, nearby,or adjacent to Disney property, just to be on the safe side. It may be further away, and less luxurious but at least I won't be confused about whether I am on, or off, Disney property. :rolleyes: ;) :rotfl2: