Bonnet Creek Veterans....a couple of questions.

julie1072

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

We are considering Bonnet Creek for a week with the kids and my in-laws. I have 2 questions though.

If we take our car to the parks, but some people want to leave early, can they catch the resort shuttle back, or must you ride both ways so that you are "registered"? We want our in-laws to get their own vehicle, but they want us to rent a minivan to fit everyone. I'm just not sure that everyone is going to want to come and go together.

If the shuttle is not an option as a one way trip back to the resort, any idea how much a taxi is? I realize it will depend upon what park you are coming from. My youngest suffers from migraines, so there is a good chance one of us might have to leave early with her to get her back to the condo.

Thanks!

I assume you mean pay in advance for the shuttle? I guess I would just risk it and hop a taxi. I assume it isn't too much. We are also looking at Windsor Hills, but it is further away from the parks.

have migraines too - there is a nurse station at every WDW park - be sure you know where they are before you leave - they can put in a bed and give her ice - is too young for the over the counter pills?

It is a hassle but if you are on a tight budget you can take the Disney bus to Caribbean Beach resort and then call for a taxi as it is located next door to Wyndham Bonnet Creek. Short taxi ride but it will take more time than a direct taxi to WBC.

It is a hassle but if you are on a tight budget you can take the Disney bus to Caribbean Beach resort and then call for a taxi as it is located next door to Wyndham Bonnet Creek. Short taxi ride but it will take more time than a direct taxi to WBC.

This is exactly what I was going to recommend. One night, half of our party wanted to stay at MK for fireworks. The other half wanted to go back to Windsor Hills. Three of us hopped on a bus to AKL and took a cab to Windsor Hills from there. It was a fun diversion because we got to walk around the resort a little, check out the gift shop, and get a snack. There were a few cabs lined up waiting for fares, so it was very easy to grab one. It was about a 10-minute ride and cost around $14 with tip. It's good to remember that you can use the entire transportation system even if you're staying offsite. Your party can split up and some can hop to parks or resorts on the boats, buses, or Monorail, while the rest use the car.

The other option would be to drive the kid back to WBC, take care of them, and return to pick the others up later. A lot of families with small kids needing naps do that. The parking receipt is good at any parking lot until Midnight.

When we stayed at WBC last spring, we had to book bus trips the day before. So, they didn't really work for us since we wanted to be more spontaneous with that. We were in a similar boat-- traveling in a mini van with extended family and health concerns.

Thanks for all of the info guys! I'm worried that her headaches might be an issue...and it always includes vomiting. But I guess I could take the car and they could taxi from AKL if we end up staying in Windsor Hills. Who knows, maybe she'll be fine....but I like to be prepared.

Thanks spiceycat ....sometimes just laying down for a bit helps her, I would never have thought of the nurse's station!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter