Boma ?'s

pplasky

DIS Veteran
We are thinking about doing Boma in August and have a few questions. Can you walk from AK to AKL for dinner. Is it worth it to leave AK, have dinner at Boma, and then go back to AK for EMH? What is so wonderful about this restaurant? Any help appreciated. Phyllis.

Hi Phyllis,

I'll answer one part: you can NOT walk to AKL from AK.

The food number one, the atmosphere & service. Just all around excellent place to eat.

Although you can't walk there from the AK, it's definitely worth going! I'm going all the way from New Jersey to eat there.

Beth

AKL is only a short (and quick) bus ride from AK. In my opinion, it would be well worth leaving AK, riding the bus to eat at Boma then going back to AK. The Animal Kingdom Lodge is incredible and Boma is one of the best dining experiences at WDW.

We are staying at AKL in July...would you suggest I make a PS for Boma the sunday that we arrive? We are driving down from Long Island and hope to arrive at AKL around 2:00pm. Also, what is the earliest we can get a PS for Boma on a Sunday? Thanks in advance!

pplasky said:
Thanks for the replies. Would anyone else leave the park, eat, and then go back?

Hi,

DEFINATELY!!!!! Mom & I are going to have their breakfast again & can't wait!!!

Ms. Sparrow aka Allison

As I've posted many times, Boma is my favorite WDW restaurant. I would think it would be a nice, cool break from AK in August.

pplasky said:
Thanks for the replies. Would anyone else leave the park, eat, and then go back?

Another YES!! it's a very short bus ride and I've read at evening EMH at AK is neat.

Definitely eat dinner at Boma!! The bus ride is very short, the AKL is gorgeous to walk around and look at, we spent time watching the giraffes and the zebras eating in the savannah, then sat in Victoria Falls bar and had a few drinks since we got there super early. The food is SO good and really different from anything else I've had. Everything was excellent and it is great to be able to try a little of everything and not just read the menu and wish you could order one of each (which is why we went to Boma instead of Jiko).

tekmom said:
We are staying at AKL in July...would you suggest I make a PS for Boma the sunday that we arrive? We are driving down from Long Island and hope to arrive at AKL around 2:00pm. Also, what is the earliest we can get a PS for Boma on a Sunday? Thanks in advance!

Yes, make a PS. I think 4:30 is the earliest. You will love AKL! It's awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter