Boma or Ohanas?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by ktnryansmom, Nov 17, 2012.

1. hsmamato2

hsmamato2 <font color=magenta>Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad

this.:thumbsup2 you won't have time to watch the fireworks and get to AKL by bus. don't fireworks take at least 20 minutes?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. hsmamato2

hsmamato2 <font color=magenta>Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad

You;d have to get over to the MK,and take a bus from the stop there to get to the AKL after viewing fireworks,there isn't a bus straight from the Poly to another hotel. figure on a solid hour to get there,minimum. more if the park is closing just as you're trying to get to your ADR...lines!The only way to get from one place to another without a car is to take multiple buses....I think by that time of night, your only option is monorail over to the MK,WALK down to the bus stops,and get in line for the AKL bus.

4. AlohaAnnie

AlohaAnnie DIS Veteran

I like Boma dinner (family does not picky eaters but they do like breakfast).

Everyone in the family likes Ohana.

We have never had a bad experience at Ohana and we have returned every trip since 2006.

I agree both are really good.

If I were you, I would keep the Ohana reservation because it is closer to what you want to do.

:goodvibes

5. MJMcBride

MJMcBride Barely lost is barely found

To me, Boma is a better dining expereince nowadays. I went to 'ohanas in late August and was disappointed. The meat was a bit a dry and the sides, espically the noodles, were not as a good. I prefer Kona Cafe at the Poly

Boma however, is incredibly good.

6. andrea2289

andrea2289 I Save My Way Back To Disney!

Couldn't agree more, although we aren't fans of Boma either. When we were there (2 years ago), almost all of the main dishes and soups on the buffet were sweet. We filled up on the steak because it was the only main dish that wasn't sweet. I've heard they have changed the food a bit since we were there though :confused3

7. D!sneygirl89

D!sneygirl89 Earning My Ears

My family prefers Boma, by far. We ate at Ohana once and found the food to be sub par. The noodles are the same ones that they serve at the $7.99 all you can eat buffet by our house and the shrimp were not de-veined :crazy2:. We've been to Boma for both the breakfast and dinner buffets, and found them to be great. My brother is a picky eater, and he had no problem finding things to eat.

8. HMfan82

HMfan82 Earning My Ears

We loved Ohana when we went a few months ago and we are even going back again this sunday for an early dinner before the MVMCP.

9. Hugpug

Hugpug NUTS FOR DISNEY DREAMS

I would stick with Ohana myself but my best would be Kona over Ohana. As for Boma I did not enjoy this place at all. Food was poor and service terrible. Too far to travel too if you are not staying there. Since you are already at the Poly I stick with Ohana. Reason I choose Kona as I like all my food at once not in pieces. Service is good its just not my thing. Food was just ok nothing to write about. Kona was excellent and very attentive since I am a disbetic.

10. Kristina

Kristina DIS Veteran

I just ate at Ohana a few days ago and I couldn't believe how awful everything was. I've had good meals and so so meals there but this, well just everything was bad except for the steak! They got that right but it was the first time in 5 so it really is a hit or miss place. Out of the 5 times I've been there it's been a miss more often than not so I've no desire to return!

I would choose Boma on rib night :thumbsup2 instead.

11. PosadaGirl519

PosadaGirl519 Mouseketeer

We love Boma for breakfast!!! Keep your O'Hana ADR and add a jaunt to AKL another day for it. You can easily get lost exploring AKL for an hour or two ;)

12. DVCajun

DVCajun <font color=red>If you believe in Magic you belong

I sure wish that all the negativity towards 'Ohanas were reflected in a lack of difficulty getting ADRs!! :rotfl2:

13. kris4360

kris4360 DIS Veteran

Just at dinner at 'Ohanas it was terrific once again!

14. Minerva Mouse

Minerva Mouse DIS Veteran

Breakfast at Boma, It's amazing :thumbsup2 Dinner at Ohana's, it to is amazing! :goodvibes

15. michelleiada

michelleiada DIS Veteran

We LOVE O'Hana! Food is excellent and plentiful! Service was excellent and atmosphere fun! We eat there every time we go to WDW.

16. Mariannekay

Mariannekay Now, think of the happiest things. It's the same a

We were surprisingly underwhelmed with 'Ohana last week during our stay. Some of the food was great (chicken, pork, potstickers, dessert) other stuff was not so much. Some of the food I couldn't tell you about because it was never brought to the table. No noodles, no veggies, felt rushed a bit. Perhaps we just hit it on a bad night?

17. Hooked On The Mouse

Hooked On The Mouse DIS Veteran

We have found both Boma and Ohana to have good food, although Boma is better. AKL is gorgeous at night. Last Christmas the view of the lobby and Christmas tree from the outside viewing area was so pretty I thought I would die. ;)

18. Retro Magic

Retro Magic Mouseketeer

BOMA, all around, no question!!!

I honestly do not get the hype of Ohana. Sure, its a different dinging experience, but ALL the food tastes exactly the same and I find it rarely ever comes out hot. Their bread pudding on the other hand is fantastic!

19. DaisyNY

DaisyNY DIS Veteran

We're heading to BOMA's....Couldn't find reservations for Ohana...looking forward to seeing all the decorations at AKL and walking outside for animal gazing...Have eaten at both of them in the past and liked them both...I don't think there's a wrong answer here!

20. freshmanjs

freshmanjs DIS Veteran

who is boma?