BOG - lunch or dinner?

Nicnic

DIS Veteran
Hi,
I was lucky enough to get a reservations for dinner at BOG back in April when I made my ADR's.
Now I have been able to get a FP+ For lunch too.
Do I keep both or is one better than the other.
We are 2 ad who would have the beef sandwich at lunch and steak at dinner, and a 10yo who would probably have the ham and cheese toastie at lunch and the pork at dinner plus a 2yo not eating.
If I keep the lunch I will need to cancel LTT and I really was only going for the ooey gooey cake!! But DD is getting BBB that morning and she might like the idea of going to Belles castle all dressed up as belle.
If I cancel dinner that free's up a night to do whatever, plus I'm already over our TS credits and paying OOP for a meal, which I don't mind doing. But do you only meet Beast at dinner? DD would not be dressed up for this meal tho.

What would you do? One or keep both? Help!!!

Our reviews: (we think lunch is better than dinner)
LUNCH:
. . . tuna or chicken nicoise - good, but light on olives
. . . croque monsieur - nice, but Béchamel needs more nutmeg
. . . turkey on a warm baguette - average, nice dijon
. . . roast beef sandwich - tasty, but slightly tough
. . . braised pork - recommended
. . . vegetable quiche - wife liked it (men don't eat such)
DINNER:
. . . pork rack chop - the pasta out-shined the pork
. . . chicken breast - nicely done and recommended
. . . pan-seared salmon - cooked well, but average taste
. . . grilled strip steak - good, not great, steak
. . . sautéed shrimp and scallops - only average
. . . oven-baked ratatouille - average

We were there for lunch and dinner. We had the tuna nicoise at lunch and the tuna was awful. A terrible cut and not cooked as a nice rare tuna should be cooked. Pork was ok but cold. Dinner was better than lunch for us. Our overall impression is that the atmosphere is great but the food isn't. It's something you have to do to check it out once but I wouldn't go through the hassle for reservations etc. again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter