BOG - Lunch/Dinner - any difference?

Angel Ariel

DIS Veteran
We're headed to WDW in March and I am excited about going to BOG. Currently we have reservations for 8:40pm, but that is really too late for us to be sitting down to a meal (we will have our then 8 month old DD with us). I've been checking to see about earlier reservations, but nothing so far.

So I was thinking maybe we'd go there for lunch one day instead. Other than the menu differences, is there any difference in the experience between lunch and dinner?

As far as what actually happens inside the restaurant, no, except that for lunch you will not have a photo op with the Beast.

The ordering process is different but that is about it besides the menus.

As far as what actually happens inside the restaurant, no, except that for lunch you will not have a photo op with the Beast.

The ordering process is different but that is about it besides the menus.

Yep, from what I see, that's correct. We are here now, had a wonderful lunch of braised pork there 11/27 at 11:30. Were able to wander around in all the rooms, take photos,etc. and left very satisfied. Plan to go again in a few days.

We had ressies 11/28 at 5:30pm but decided to cancel them. I made the ressies because I didn't know how hard it would be to get in for lunch, but this week is great for crowd levels.

OK - Thank you!

I'll have to talk to my family and see if the photo op with Beast is that important. Does anyone know when the March Cancelled ADR thread will start? I see one for February, but not March. I'd love to keep looking for an earlier ADR. 8:40 is just very late with DD, plus we'd end up missing MSEP which I really don't want to do!

Is the "photo op" in a fixed location (like Belle in
Akershus) or do you mean that Beast walks from table to table like character meals? Is he greeting during most of the dinner service?

Is the "photo op" in a fixed location (like Belle in
Akershus) or do you mean that Beast walks from table to table like other character meals? Is he greeting during most of the dinner service?

BOG is not a character meal, so I doubt he would be going from table to table....

It is fixed location. We ate both lunch and dinner on same day. Imho lunch is all you need. Dinner food was much better but the experience wasn't worth the hassle I went through to make reservations. Beast doesn't come to table.

He did walk through the dining room every once in a while when they announced he was receiving guests in the library, so we got some pictures of him moving around the dining room, but he didn't stop at tables.

Do the West wing special effects run at lunch time with the thunder and changing portrait and all?

He does not walk from table to table. Apparently he pops in once in awhile but he won't be doing the greeting at tables thing.

On the way out you are given the opportunity to pose for a photo with him in the "library." Apparently he does not sign autographs, pictures only.

Do the West wing special effects run at lunch time with the thunder and changing portrait and all?

They did when I had lunch there.

No - it is CS at lunch vs TS at dinner

How crowded is lunchtime right now? I would expect that since it's something new, it's busier than it will be after the "newness" dies down. Is there ample seating? As a solo, I'm really concerned about that-I've spent too much time, holding my newly aquired lunch try, only to stand with no where available to sit.

Is there ample seating? As a solo, I'm really concerned about that-I've spent too much time, holding my newly aquired lunch try, only to stand with no where available to sit.

First of all, this restaurant has a capacity of 550. It's huge.

Second, there are no trays and you do not carry. When you order, you receive a GPS "rose." The cast members use the rose to find you in the dining room and your food is delivered to you. You do have to get your own beverages, condiments and utensils.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter