BOG kids menu

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by bisone, Jan 30, 2013.

1. 6disneykids

6disneykids Mouseketeer

I have to giggle a little bit when "kid food" mostly equals McDonald's style fast food. For my kids, "kid food" would be a turkey sandwich, or grilled chicken.

If you are really set on BOG for lunch, I would not get hot food to bring in for your kids, unless they prefer it not warm. I think you would do better if you could bring in something that could be served room temperature in case the wait is longer than you anticipated.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Floridagram

Floridagram DIS Veteran

I know everyone wants to eat at BOG because it is new but if you have not been there you cannot imagine the line. There is no way I would eat there. I am guessing the line must be an hour or more to just get to the counter to order. I am trying to not exaggerate but I bet the line was 40 yards long out the door and around a corner. I get mildly perturbed at normal counter service lines and it is just not worth it to wait that long for a Disney quality QS meal.

Another poster is correct that your other food would be cold. Maybe if you go as soon as they open it would be better but at lunch time it was horrible. On the flip side, we were able to get a coveted window seat and Pinnochio Haus!

4. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

It's not your regular CS. You will not be allowed into the dining room to sit until you have ordered your meals. So you wll be carrying that extra meal for quite awhile. Right now we are looking at about 25 to 30 minute waits to get in for lunch. You are best off not bringing the food in if you want it served hot or even warm.

So if you are determined to see BOG and you have children who will not eat there, the best solution may be to feed the children first at a place that serves food to their liking. Then buy them a dessert or something at BOG.

5. SafariTigger

SafariTigger Mouseketeer

Has anyone tried asking if they would prepare something NOT on the menu such as a grilled cheese? My friends that were down there last summer had a similar issue in another restaurant and they were told that they would prepare anything that they had the ingredients for in their kitchen. I have a picky eater as well but I have my heart set on going to BOG for dinner this coming July.

6. Jacquie668

Jacquie668 Mouseketeer

That is a good point and great strategy so you can make it work and still not feel that you wasted too much time.

7. missycj96

missycj96 DIS Veteran

Of the kids menu, i thought my dd might eat the macaroni with sauce, but it comes with cheese melted on it. I asked if i could order it without the cheese and was told i couldnt special order it. Im sure if there is an allergy they could accommodate but i didnt push the issue - it was mobbed and we had already waited on a long line.

8. SafariTigger

SafariTigger Mouseketeer

That seems very un-DISNEY, I am going for the table service dinner, maybe since we are seated at a table and not waiting in line they may be more accomodating. OR by July maybe enough people will request that there be one or two kid menu items that are a little more universally liked by those picky eaters! Here's hoping!

9. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

This.

The line for lunch at BOG is huge! There is no way to buy food for the kids before hand, and have it still warm by the time you are seated. As another poster pointed out, the line to get in has to be seen to be believed.

And before someone asks about one parent getting out of line and getting food for the kids, I don't think it would be very easy to push past that many people waiting in line, with an Excuse Me, Just Meeting My Family. The line is that long.

If you just have to eat at BOG, have a peanut butter sandwich packed for the kiddies.

The next time someone complains that all Disney serves for kids food is junk I'm going to point them to this thread. And show them how when Disney tries to do better, and not just have chicken fingers and burgers, that people complain. And people wonder why so much of the food is the same all over WDW. Sigh.

10. bisone

bisone Earning My Ears

I never said anywhere in my original post that I was looking for junk food. My ds with sensory issues eats the same meal everyday for lunch, peanut butter and jelly. At home this is natural peanut butter and 100% fruit spread on wheat bread. My picky dd is not only picky but also has a gluten allergy and is allergic to chicken. I never complained about what they had on the kids menu. I stated a fact, that my kids would not eat off of it. I asked if my idea would work so my dh, other dd and I can eat there.

11. pl4bby

pl4bby Mouseketeer

I understand. My son has sensory issues. I'm sure you can take a Pbj sandwich in with you

12. PrincessKida

PrincessKida Annual Passholder, Princess Lover, Wilderness Expl

THe line is very decieving. They have told people an hour wait and in reality.. we had food in front of us in 25 minutes. If you really want to eat here I'd get in line, and then have someone in your party go pick something up from Pinocchio's or Cosmic Rays, both of which aren't too far from BoG. By the time they come back with the food, you will be close to ordering or already ordered. If your party has already ordered then just tell the cast member watching the big center door and they will let you in. I've eaten here at lunch numerous times and very often you see.. i know this sounds typical, but Dad's carrying in counter service. You are not the first person to run into this problem and you aren't the first to try to solve it like this. If you want to eat at BoG and don't mind running around, I'd say go for it.

13. Abharmagic

Abharmagic DIS Veteran

The allergy is called lactose intolerance- next time say that and they'll leave the cheese off ;)

14. missycj96

missycj96 DIS Veteran

In theory, i completely agree with you. But then there is (at least for my family) reality. This is a vacation and i need to provide a meal my kid will eat without frustration.

15. TLSnell1981

TLSnell1981 Tiny bubbles... make me happy... make me feel fine

If, we REALLY wanted BOG, but kids wouldn't eat off the menu? I would feed them BEFOREHAND and let them eat a cupcake at BOG. I wouldn't bring In food from another restaurant.

16. disneymayz

disneymayz DIS Veteran

How did you diagnose your ds has a sensory issue? What you describe is my son but just thought that is what he really wants and nothing else.

17. Disfanx4

Disfanx4 Mouseketeer

Feed the kids before you go in and get their dessert from BOG

18. bisone

bisone Earning My Ears

He has been in OT and PT since he was about 15 months old. There are many other issues other than food.

19. Hopefully

Hopefully DIS Veteran

There are many, many, many, many other CS options that will meet your needs. I agree with Maxiesmom. Disney tries to accomodate those that wish for more diversity for their children, and people still complain.

20. bisone

bisone Earning My Ears

I'm pretty sure this is how we will handle it. I will probably bring a few little items for them to munch on and get them a dessert. We aren't usually dessert people so this didn't cross my mind. Thanks!

21. Hopefully

Hopefully DIS Veteran

I'm glad it is working out for you.
    Enjoy