BOG Breakfast-How Many Trips Through The Mine?

We already made reservation pre-opening at CP, I did it mainly to get crowd free pictures. I know that it is first come, first serve, so we might be able to get in earlier than our 8:15. Is it possible to finish quickly at CP and then maybe stroll over to NFL before RD, maybe getting an early ride before the crowds descend? That would be a nice bonus! This is the first time we have ever tried an early morning reservation - every time we planned it befor, they moved the opening up on us! This time coming in mid-January, so don't anticipate a change!

8/17 2 times with no one on our cars. The second time we were on it you could see the hoard coming, it was something to behold:)

8/26th we rode 7DMT twice after an 8:05am ADR at BOG for breakfast. Nice breakfast followed by two rides, so we were thrilled. We were probably about 15th-20th in line waiting to be let in for 7DMT (around 8:40am). When we finished our second ride, we saw a huge line up in the stand by queue. We then walked to the back of the park for Splash/Big Thunder.

9/1 - Zero rides after BOG breakfast. Ride was down and did not start running until after park opening. No alternatives were offered.

9/2 - 3 rides after 8:00 BBB apt. First ride at approx 8:35.

9/4: 2 rides! It was AWESOME, and I had such low expectations from online that I actually loved it. Rope drop was heading to the ride by 8:45AMish, right about when we got off our first ride, and the CM at the line was like "hurry up, get here before them, hurry!"

Obviously YMMV. But it was fun and totally worth doing breakfast. :)

8/26th we rode 7DMT twice after an 8:05am ADR at BOG for breakfast. Nice breakfast followed by two rides, so we were thrilled. We were probably about 15th-20th in line waiting to be let in for 7DMT (around 8:40am). When we finished our second ride, we saw a huge line up in the stand by queue. We then walked to the back of the park for Splash/Big Thunder.
After riding 7DMT, Splash and Big Thunder do you remember what time it was?

9/7 My kids rode 7DMT twice after 8 am ADR at BOG. DS told me that after the second ride the stand-by line was already 30 min long. DH, youngest DD and I were the second family in line for A&E.

After riding 7DMT, Splash and Big Thunder do you remember what time it was?
Went to Big Thunder around 9:00 (off around 9:10) then walked on Splash. I would say we were probably off Splash by 9:30am. I remember being thrilled that we'd gotten in 4 rides so quickly. After that I think my kids rode BTMRR again (still walk on).

9/7 My kids rode 7DMT twice after 8 am ADR at BOG. DS told me that after the second ride the stand-by line was already 30 min long. DH, youngest DD and I were the second family in line for A&E.
Awesome-both SDMT AND A&E for your family.

That's a "double value" BOG ADR!:)

We only rode once but this is what we did too- grabbed the first ride then headed to the back of the park where it was virtually deserted. My daughters rode BTMRR a couple of times. Worked great. I always just assumed we couldn't have ridden more than once, but now that I actually think about it- we didn't try for more than one. We wanted to ride once, then head to other rides while everyone else was headed to SDMT and A&E.

As long as they keep doing this, pre-opening BOG adr's are more than worth it to us!

I'm curious though- how do they handle the 2nd or 3rd rides? Is there a CM directing you back into the fp+ line?

I'm curious though- how do they handle the 2nd or 3rd rides? Is there a CM directing you back into the fp+ line?

Yes,there are CMs in the FP+ entrance area-they will let BOG Guests keep going in the FP+ entrance until they see the Maingate line rounding the bend by Pooh.

Yes. In our case, in fact, the CMs were telling us to run and hurry before the RDers arrived. Including a management-type person with a walkie-talkie. When we came out the second time, the herd was just 'rounding the corner and they told us that we could make it on one more time if we hurried. We wanted to do Peter Pan, though, so we pin traded with the CMs at 7DMT and then took off. In the end, we got in two rides on 7DMT, Peter Pan, and two rides each on BTMRR and Splash before 10:00. That's pretty good considering how long a ride Splash is.

Thanks for the explanations! It really is just a difference of a minute or two I suppose as to how many times you are allowed to ride. We were happy to be able to get 1 ride in and get to BTMRR and Splash. It's amazing how empty it is early in the morning in other areas of the park with the draw of SDMT and A&E.

We only rode once but this is what we did too- grabbed the first ride then headed to the back of the park where it was virtually deserted. My daughters rode BTMRR a couple of times. Worked great. I always just assumed we couldn't have ridden more than once, but now that I actually think about it- we didn't try for more than one. We wanted to ride once, then head to other rides while everyone else was headed to SDMT and A&E.

As long as they keep doing this, pre-opening BOG adr's are more than worth it to us!

We just got back in FP line as they were still putting people through FP line (and there were no rope drop people there yet, just early ADR people). There were CM's around but we didn't really pay attention, just jumped back in FP line. I have heard reports of others saying the CM's were encouraging them to ride again.
I totally agree with you regarding the value of the ADR. We liked the breakfast, loved the walk down Main Street and felt like it was really good use of our quick service credits:-) We are hoping that we have this opportunity again next summer when we return.

On 08/29, we rode 3x. First time a CM approached us and asked if we wanted to ride by ourselves. Very cool. Then got two more rides in before the RD crowd arrived.

Ride in the back car if you have a choice. It was a lot more fun!

9/1 - Zero rides after BOG breakfast. Ride was down and did not start running until after park opening. No alternatives were offered.
Reading this, I'm so glad I cancelled my reservation the night before for Sept. 1st. We went Aug. 21st and the ride was down, so I would have felt cursed, if it was down twice on my trip. :rolleyes2

What time will they allow guests to enter the park? We have 8:40 reservations on a 9:00 park opening day.

We had an 8:10 ADR at BOG on 9/2. They did not open the early entrance line until 7:50. We took a few quick pics in front of the castle and checked right in at BOG. I preordered for me and DGrD12 and she wanted the child's French toast - no problem. I ordered the scrambled eggs and spinach on puff pastry. Breakfast service was very quick and our food was delicious. Forgot to say I was happy to see the empty cars running on 7DMT as we entered.
We left the restaurant at 840 and were able to get 3 rides before we saw the front gate crowd enter the line as we were boarding our final ride. It was a great way for us to start the day - and we rescheduled our late afternoon FP+s to another ride - gave someone else some pixie dust too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter