BOG breakfast for Mine train warning! Early ride not guaranteed

This just gave me a lot to think about. We have an 8:00 a.m. ADR, which means we get up an hour earlier. Although we plan on splitting a few meals, I'm sure the 5 of us won't get out of there for under $60. I wonder if I should bother.... Think I've been so caught up in the hype of getting there early and getting at least one ride of SDMT with no wait.

Glad someone else figured this out.

If you have eaten before at BoG (esp breakfast) and are only getting an early park ADR just to get to 7DMT line before opening, you are basically paying $20 per person to ride that ride, in addition to your park ticket. If you're not lucky enough to get FP+ for 7DMT, enter the park at rope drop and go to the standby line. It wont be -that- long. If you can't make rope drop, stay until park closing and ride 7DMT late in the evening when lines are much less (often times the same as the very early morning lines).

I just can't believe people pay roughly $20 per person to ride this ride (for those who make their ADRs soley for this reason.)

I had breakfast at BOG this morning....(Aug. 21st). we had 8am reservations and we arrived early and were finished eating by 8:30am. We left immediately hoping to get in the SDMT line. A CM said that the ride was down and would be down until after 9am so we headed to Tomorrowland.

Breakfast was delicious though! :thumbsup2 And worth the price IMO.
The ride opened between 9:30 and 10:00am.

You don't have to pay $20 per person at BOG for the chance to ride 7DMT early. For our early ADR for a family of 4, we ordered only 2 kids meals. You also get a plate full of pastries that is included (no extra charge). Me and my husband happily at the pastries while the kids enjoyed their french toast. It was quite reasonable.

Regardless of the ability to get to ride early I'm super excited - in exactly 3 weeks I will be in the parks at 8 taking pics & at 815 I'll be seated, with my dad my boys & my husband ordering French toast at BOG. Hopefully when we exit we can meet A&E and even if it requires a short wait I will have given DS4 every wish he has for this trip within one hour (minus meeting BayMax which is simply not possible anymore). I'm so excited I can't stand it and I hope I don't have bummer thoughts about things I didn't get when I'm at WDW. I hope I find the magic & enjoy every moment. I think we "veterans" sometimes get too wrapped up in these things and miss out on the little things that really make a trip.

Regardless of the ability to get to ride early I'm super excited - in exactly 3 weeks I will be in the parks at 8 taking pics & at 815 I'll be seated, with my dad my boys & my husband ordering French toast at BOG. Hopefully when we exit we can meet A&E and even if it requires a short wait I will have given DS4 every wish he has for this trip within one hour (minus meeting BayMax which is simply not possible anymore). I'm so excited I can't stand it and I hope I don't have bummer thoughts about things I didn't get when I'm at WDW. I hope I find the magic & enjoy every moment. I think we "veterans" sometimes get too wrapped up in these things and miss out on the little things that really make a trip.
There were only a few families waiting in line for A&E after BOG breakfast today. :thumbsup2 Enjoy your trip!

Just FYI, we had a BOG breakfast reservation for 8:25 on the 21st, same as PP, SDMT was down, so headed elsewhere also. Interestingly, it was first come, first seated, so since we were there early, we were done even before 8:30 (fast eaters in my family!)
We went again on the 26th, done about the same time, and a cast member did let us stand in line to ride before rope drop. He said that was how they routinely did it.
When we tried to ride it at RD on a morning of EMH, the line was 30 min already, even though we went straight there, so we skipped it. We like early breakfasts anyway, and though I in no way feel entitled to ride early, it was a nice surprise to be allowed to.
We also walked right by Anna and Elsa shooting an advertisement that morning near BOG, I wish my kids were little enough to want to see them, lol!

Last edited:

We had a yummy breakfast yesterday and then got to ride 7DMT a couple times. Not saying I have to do it every single time I'm in the World, but it was a sweet little perk and we had fun! But, then again, we also love the Mine Train, so clearly we have no taste! Lol!

We had a yummy breakfast yesterday and then got to ride 7DMT a couple times. Not saying I have to do it every single time I'm in the World, but it was a sweet little perk and we had fun! But, then again, we also love the Mine Train, so clearly we have no taste! Lol!

So glad you enjoyed it all, you poor, tasteless, person! Lol I'll be there Saturday hoping to do the same!

Just FYI, we had a BOG breakfast reservation for 8:25 on the 21st, same as PP, SDMT was down, so headed elsewhere also. Interestingly, it was first come, first seated, so since we were there early, we were done even before 8:30 (fast eaters in my family!)
We went again on the 26th, done about the same time, and a cast member did let us stand in line to ride before rope drop. He said that was how they routinely did it.
When we tried to ride it at RD on a morning of EMH, the line was 30 min already, even though we went straight there, so we skipped it. We like early breakfasts anyway, and though I in no way feel entitled to ride early, it was a nice surprise to be allowed to.
We also walked right by Anna and Elsa shooting an advertisement that morning near BOG, I wish my kids were little enough to want to see them, lol!
We were there with you! And for a second we thought they were doing a surprise M&G with Anna and Elsa .... Then found out it was an ad for Disney Destinations. But we rode 7DMT twice (if you were close to us on the line ... It was my daughter that went up to ask the CM if they'd be letting us on a little early...)

What's really amusing is people are willing to pay $50+ on a mediocre breakfast to be first in line for a 30 second ride.
We paid about $32. Ordered the cutting board with excellent french charcuterie and the kids scrambled eggs, shared all of it, relaxed over our meal enjoying the snow in the window, more food than we could finish and then rode mine train twice. It was a very nice way to start the day. Much better than dripping in sweat at the tunnel rope and then jockeying for position all the way down Main Street. Well worth the cost to me. And we slept later than usual because we were eating breakfast instead of waiting in line .... While we usually have to wake earlier to eat breakfast so we can get there in time to stand in line.

Last edited:
We payed about $32. Ordered the cutting board with excellent french charcuterie and the kids scrambled eggs, shared all of it, relaxed over our meal enjoying the snow in the window, more food than we could finish and then rode mine train twice. It was a very nice way to start the day. Much better than dripping in sweat at the tunnel rope and then jockeying for position all the way down Main Street. Well worth the cost to me. And we slept later than usual because we were eating breakfast instead of waiting in line .... While we usually have to wake earlier to eat breakfast so we can get there in time to stand in line.
If you don't mind me asking what time was your reservation for and what time did you arrive at MK?

If you don't mind me asking what time was your reservation for and what time did you arrive at MK?
We had an 8:05 ADR and got to the front gates around 7:30, mostly because I'm obsessively punctual and left a lot of time for the bus, which showed up as soon as we got to the stop. You'd be fine getting there a bit later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter