BOG breakfast for Mine train warning! Early ride not guaranteed

There is a line at the front of the park. If you are not in it at RD, and instead are at a restaurant, I think its fair to send you to the back of it.

Good lord.

The problem is that for years people have been posting here about how to get a jump on the RD line. The method works 99.99% of the time. Its a recommended procedure that comes at the cost of planning ahead and paying for breakfast, but that has been shared over and over on boards like these. So, for it to fail so tremendously for the OP's family would be upsetting. How folks can't understand that is beyond me.

I'm a bit confused. In order to enter the park for an early breakfast, don't you also have to have a ticket to be in the park? If so, then wouldn't that park ticket allow the holder access to anywhere in the park once the park opens, just like anyone else's ticket. Are CM's actually telling ticket holders that full access to the park is delayed for them because they chose to eat breakfast in the park?

If you believe that Disney can say that prior to RD, the line for 7D forms at the rope at the main gate, and that's the official line for the ride, and at RD, a CM will relocate the line to the ride, then you'll believe that it's reasonable for Disney to say that if you want to ride 7D at opening, you need to be at the main gate before RD to join the official, movable line.
There is a line at the front of the park. If you are not in it at RD, and instead are at a restaurant, I think its fair to send you to the back of it.
They must have changed protocol since last October. When I was at the park last there was a horde of people at rope drop, as there has always been, and I have no doubt that a large percentage of those people were headed for the Mine Train. However, there was no established line for the ride by Disney. There was not even an ad-hoc line organized by guests. CMs did manually walk everyone down Main Street towards the hub, where everyone was able to choose which land to venture towards, where I'm sure lines were forming at the most popular attractions.

Is this no longer how they do it?

They must have changed protocol since last October. When I was at the park last there was a horde of people at rope drop, as there has always been, and I have no doubt that a large percentage of those people were headed for the Mine Train. However, there was no established line for the ride by Disney. There was not even an ad-hoc line organized by guests. CMs did manually walk everyone down Main Street towards the hub, where everyone was able to choose which land to venture towards, where I'm sure lines were forming at the most popular attractions.

Is this no longer how they do it?

What you describe is still the situation. During the rope drop/walk the cast members at the hub will shout instructions about where to assemble/go for specific attractions such as SDMT. If you go to the path to the right of Cinderella Castle per the instructions, then cast members rope-walk that group into the park and over to SDMT, where the actual line then forms at the standby queue entrance.

specific attractions such as SDMT. If you go to the path to the right of Cinderella Castle per the instructions, then cast members rope-walk that group into the park and over to SDMT, where the actual line then forms at the standby queue entrance.

If you follow this procedure as an average family of 5, not running, probably not in the VERY front, will you still avoid a long wait in line for SDMT?

P.S. - sorry for the mini-hijack

What you describe is still the situation. During the rope drop/walk the cast members at the hub will shout instructions about where to assemble/go for specific attractions such as SDMT. If you go to the path to the right of Cinderella Castle per the instructions, then cast members rope-walk that group into the park and over to SDMT, where the actual line then forms at the standby queue entrance.

So we have confirmed that the "official line" for 7DMT is not back by the gates at rope drop.

I know they did that at DL for A/E for a while and it was a topic of huge discussion on the boards. I have to think if the official line for 7DMT had moved, we would have heard about it here by now.

Your description doesn't match Joshua's. His says that they stopped leading people at the hub, while yours says that they continue leading people to 7DMT. If indeed they continue leading people all the way to 7DMT, then whether or not that group of people constitutes the line is a matter of opinion.

Your description doesn't match Joshua's. His says that they stopped leading people at the hub, while yours says that they continue leading people to 7DMT. If indeed they continue leading people all the way to 7DMT, then whether or not that group of people constitutes the line is a matter of opinion.
Pardon my lack of specificity. The CMs leading the herd down Main St. continued to lead people into Fantasyland. I can't speak as to what happened after that, because I went to Frontierland. Sorry for any confusion.

I think it constitutes A line but not THE line for 7DMT. THE line for any ride is at the actual ride. The purpose of having CMs lead people up Main Street is to try to prevent anyone from running, whether that be to 7DMT, A&E, Space, Splash, Peter Pan, etc. They don't separate guests into different groups for different attractions, guests make that selection themselves as they arrive at the Hub. CMs do walk all the way up to 7DMT, but that's because historically people were running for that particular ride. If you're going for Barnstormer, Pooh, or Under the Sea, you're going to be stuck behind the same CMs so that you don't run, either. Does that really make it a 7DMT line? Not to me. It's simply making the entry into Fantasyland safer for guests since people don't seem to be able to not run without CMs literally physically holding them back.

If you follow this procedure as an average family of 5, not running, probably not in the VERY front, will you still avoid a long wait in line for SDMT?

I say yes, it can be a good approach for riding SDMT on standby in a short (or perhaps relatively short) line.

I've never thought of the big collection area at MK as a line. Even the RD mob following behind the rope isn't a line. I've always thought of it more like Roller Derby, trying to edge out others to get to the front:

rollerderby.jpg

That's much too low a standard for being a safety hazard. All it takes is a couple of obnoxious teenagers to bowl over some five year old in a mad rush to get to the ride to create a safety hazard. And safety isn't about preventing what's likely. It's about preventing what's plausibly possible.

In any event, I don't see why this has to focus on the word "safety".
I wasn't focusing on safety. It was brought up as a response to me, so I responded. Nothing more.

As I said, pre park adrs have been happening for years without reports of those in the parks being held back from entering lines once the park is open. I highly doubt safety is any more of an issue now than it ever was, so I don't really buy that reasoning as an explanation in this situation. YMMV, but at this point we are at the agree to disagree stage.

Some people disagree with Disney choosing to take the second approach, and that's fine - people have a right to various opinions. Some people simply don't understand how the second approach could possibly be valid, but I don't know what else can be said on that. Some people think they have some sort of inherent right, regardless of any crazy line organization Disney might choose, but no, in the absence of any clearly false advertising, it's Disney's parks, Disney's rules.
I think we are all perfectly able to understand the second approach, and understand that it is Disney's park and Disney's rules. I think what most are taking issue with here is Disney not being consistent with those rules. If they are going to take the second approach, then they take that approach with all rides at every park, and that approach is taken every day of the week no.matter what CM is on duty.

It comes down to, yet again, Disney respecting the guests' planning. If they are going to ask for guests to do so much planning in advance, the least they can do is be consistent with their rules in return.

What I don't get is where this issue was when people were doing the same from CP & CRT (been there, done that, have an 8:05 for BOG). Why is it just NOW such an issue? :chat:

lol!! Pretty funny to call that mass of humanity a line. I supposed everyone politely waits while the people who got there first with their strollers, wheelchairs and elderly walk in an orderly fashion to the ride.

In the case of the op, yes, that's exactly what happened.

No that is not what happened. They said they could not get into 7DMT line is all, they could do anything else they wanted. Nobody knows for sure why it happened, it could have been something going on that nobody knew about.

lol!! Pretty funny to call that mass of humanity a line. I supposed everyone politely waits while the people who got there first with their strollers, wheelchairs and elderly walk in an orderly fashion to the ride.
If only.

No that is not what happened. They said they could not get into 7DMT line is all, they could do anything else they wanted. Nobody knows for sure why it happened, it could have been something going on that nobody knew about.

Good to know. Thanks for the clarification.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter