BOG before MNSSHP a bad idea?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by disneynanacat, Feb 14, 2013.

1. disneynanacat

disneynanacat Lovin' Disney Too!

BOG is a must do for us because we haven't been yet. We'll be in MK 3 evenings counting the party evening, but also want to do CG & Narcoossee's on nights we won't be either at EP or Cirque. I'd love to get an early 5:00 or so ADR and do BOG on party night and finish up in time for the 7pm start to the party. (we've been to MNSSHP a couple times before and I know you can get in with tix at 4, or has that changed?) So I guess my questions are:

What do you think my chances are at getting that early ADR if I call (or reserve online) at 6am on 180 day?

Is it feasible we'd be finished by 7pm if we do?

Am I correct in thinking it would take less time at BOG than our CG & Narcoossee dinners?

Thanks in advance. I've had lots of luck getting CRT ressies several times over the years, but this BOG is new!

2. cmwade77

cmwade77 DIS Veteran

I think this is doable, but be forewarned, you may want to stay there longer than 2 hours, it is absolutely beautiful.

I definitely think that you should have no problems calling at the 180 day mark (if you are staying on property, call at the 180+10 mark that they allow you to call at for a better shot at it though)

3. disneynanacat

Thanks! So call at 190 days from the date of the party? It's been a long time since I've made ADRs, but it was my understanding you can only call 180 days from the date of your check-in? But I guess that doesn't make sense because what about the people who aren't checking in. lol :eek:

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. Pakey

Pakey DIS Veteran

You call 180 days from checkin and can book for the next 10 days.

Offsite guests can call at 180 days from the date of the reservation; they don't get the +10 benefit.

6. disneynanacat

Gotcha thanks!

7. SmileEar2Ear

SmileEar2Ear Mouseketeer

Just so you know, we had a 4:50 ADR and barely made it to the 7:00 Dessert Party. We are not slow eaters, and the meal was actually really enjoyable, but I was just shocked that it took so long. I wouldn't have changed a thing about the meal, but I am not planning anything for after our meal the next time we go back. I just don't want to feel rushed.

8. disneynanacat

Thanks for the info! I don't think I'd mind being a few minutes late getting out, but just don't want it to run too long. I'm going to try my best to get the earliest seating possible.