BOG and dessert party

Kay2397

Mouseketeer
We have an ADR for BOG at 5pm on 2/21 which is our last day at MK. I have been trying to get into the dessert party and I was able to get a 7:20 ressie.
1. Will we have enough time to enjoy our meal at BOG and get to the dessert party to check in by 7.
2. We are traveling with a 2 and 5 year old and I am nervous about watching wishes in a crazy crowd on Main Street. Do you think the the dessert party is a good option?

Wishes starts at 8:00 but the dessert party ADR isn't until 7:20. I though it was always scheduled 1 hr before the fireworks. Any thoughts?

I haven't eaten at BOG so I can't tell you much about the length of the meal but I usually figure a good hour for a TS. Even if they are running behind and you are not seated until like 5:30 you should technically be out in time to walk over to the Dessert Party location.

Why you would do so is a separate question.

We have done the Dessert Party twice and plan to go again this year. I recommend you finish your last full meal of the day no less than 4 hours before the start of the Dessert Party. I see no way for you to eat a TS meal including dessert from 5 to 6 pm, then be able to enjoy eating much of anything an hour later. If it is at all possible, go to BOG one night and do the Dessert Party a different night. Or go to BOG for a late lunch on the Dessert Party night. Hopefully someone with more recent experience can chime in as to whether the crowds on Main Street are likely to be all that 'crazy' or not.

You are correct that the Party starts 1 hour before Wishes. Ignore whatever time the ADR system artificially assigned to you; the computer insists on trying to stagger the reservations like a regular restaurant does instead of recognizing that it is a single event like a dinner show. Ideally you should get to the Party location 10 -15 minutes before 7 pm; the CMs like to check everybody in and hand out wristbands first, then at 7 pm they can seat everyone who has already checked in. Tables are pre-assigned so there's no need to get there an hour early.

Quin said:
I haven't eaten at BOG so I can't tell you much about the length of the meal but I usually figure a good hour for a TS. Even if they are running behind and you are not seated until like 5:30 you should technically be out in time to walk over to the Dessert Party location.

Why you would do so is a separate question.

We have done the Dessert Party twice and plan to go again this year. I recommend you finish your last full meal of the day no less than 4 hours before the start of the Dessert Party. I see no way for you to eat a TS meal including dessert from 5 to 6 pm, then be able to enjoy eating much of anything an hour later. If it is at all possible, go to BOG one night and do the Dessert Party a different night. Or go to BOG for a late lunch on the Dessert Party night. Hopefully someone with more recent experience can chime in as to whether the crowds on Main Street are likely to be all that 'crazy' or not.

You are correct that the Party starts 1 hour before Wishes. Ignore whatever time the ADR system artificially assigned to you; the computer insists on trying to stagger the reservations like a regular restaurant does instead of recognizing that it is a single event like a dinner show. Ideally you should get to the Party location 10 -15 minutes before 7 pm; the CMs like to check everybody in and hand out wristbands first, then at 7 pm they can seat everyone who has already checked in. Tables are pre-assigned so there's no need to get there an hour early.

I agree with having a huge break between a TS and the Dessert Party. I plan on having a late lunch/early dinner, at CRT, at 3:50, then going to the Dessert Party at 9 since Wishes is at 10 the night we are going. I was thinking about doing CRT at 6 but there is no way I could do a huge dinner then Wishes right after....

I've done the dessert party and it's reserve seating. Even if you are late, you will still be seated. You can also come and go from the party as they give you a bracelet. I ate at 'Ohanas at 5 and had no issue with the dessert party. Ours was at 8 or 9 as Wishes was later. We enjoyed it and I think you have plenty of time to make it with your ressie. I wouldn't worry about a lengthy time break. You know what you can eat in a time period and I would just plan my dinner choices knowing I would be eating dessert later. People are assuming just because you are eating at BOG you will have to eat this huge dinner. I've also read that BOG isn't very friendly with picky eaters (kids) so your kids (depending on how picky) may actually look forward to dessert soon after.

We did the same thing in early Jan. 4:50 ADR, but we didn't get seated until almost 5:15 (but we were a party of 10). I thought having such an early ADR we would have little wait and should have at least 45 minutes to do another ride or two before showing up at 7:00 for the dessert party. We were paying our bill and finishing our desserts (we were on the DDP) and I glanced at my watch and saw it was 6:40!! We finished up, met Beast and made it to the dessert party right at 7:00.

I wouldn't have changed anything about the meal, it really was excellent and it didn't feel like we were there that long. We have a 2 and 5 year old too so I know how little kids can get restless!

We ate some desserts at the party, but obviously not much since we just finished supper and dessert. I love the party because it is intimate enough that I can actually watch the fireworks without having to look down every 30 seconds to make sure my kid isn't getting bonked or crushed by the crowds around us.

If you aren't on the dining plan I would try and eat lighter (maybe share) so you can enjoy the deserts some more. We only had one day at MK with our whole group so we had no choice but to double them up, but I probably wouldn't do it again unless I had no options. I really think you will love them both!!

We did the same thing in early Jan. 4:50 ADR, but we didn't get seated until almost 5:15 (but we were a party of 10). I thought having such an early ADR we would have little wait and should have at least 45 minutes to do another ride or two before showing up at 7:00 for the dessert party. We were paying our bill and finishing our desserts (we were on the DDP) and I glanced at my watch and saw it was 6:40!! We finished up, met Beast and made it to the dessert party right at 7:00.

I wouldn't have changed anything about the meal, it really was excellent and it didn't feel like we were there that long. We have a 2 and 5 year old too so I know how little kids can get restless!

We ate some desserts at the party, but obviously not much since we just finished supper and dessert. I love the party because it is intimate enough that I can actually watch the fireworks without having to look down every 30 seconds to make sure my kid isn't getting bonked or crushed by the crowds around us.

If you aren't on the dining plan I would try and eat lighter (maybe share) so you can enjoy the deserts some more. We only had one day at MK with our whole group so we had no choice but to double them up, but I probably wouldn't do it again unless I had no options. I really think you will love them both!!

Thanks for your response. I found it very helpful! We did book the party and I think it will work out well for us :) We leave in less than 4 hours! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter