BOG and Beast Question

dizzycrazy

Mouseketeer
I have been trying to get a BOG dinner reservation forever now. Finally got one for the day I wanted Aug 11 at 9:05. In the confirmation it says there are no characters at this time. Really? The whole point of a dinner reservation here is to see the Beast. Can this really be true? If so I will be cancelling this reservation if anyone wants it!

I ate and Beast was definitely there. They just do not guarantee him at any time because it is not considered a character meal and although he does usually meet he is never a guarantee.

Whew! Ok, I didn't know if there was an evening cut off time for the Beast or something....

thecnically BOG dinner isn't a character meal, Beast won't come to your table, he will walk thru the middle of the ballroom and will meet for pics at the exit, I guess disney handled as no character dinner

We had a dinner reservation time similar to yours (9:30 pm) and the Beast was still meeting people. Once it gets really close to closing, they will announce that this is the Beast's final meet & greet. They did this for us while waiting in line for him.

At Disney a character meal means several characters (or princesses) go from table to table throughout the dining room. BOG is not considered a character meal because only the Beast is there and he does not circulate. He walks through the dining room, but does not stop at tables on his way to and from his meet & photo op room (the room with the breakfast and lunch ordering kiosks). For most of the evening you meet the Beast after dining when you are on your way out of the castle. If you have a late reservation there is an announcement when he is about to leave so anyone still dining can go and meet him, then return to their dinner. The description of BOG will not guarantee that the Beast will be there because there is always the possibility that he might become ill or unable to appear during the course of an evening, but such an occurrence is extremely rare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter