Bob's Trip Report! Day Two

Bolanette87

<font color=deeppink>The Queen Bee<br><font color=
Day One: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1959583

Well, I woke up before our 7:30am alarm (Which Robert had set on his phone). I was instantly suspicious when I saw the time read as 6:57am as I felt really refreshed for that time of the morning... I jumped up and checked my phone. Robert hadn't set his damn phone to French time! EMH had already begun!! ARGH! We jumped out of bed, dressed, and slapped on make up and sun cream (Well, Robert only the latter) and darted off (So I apologise for the state of my appearance in these pics!).....

We wandered down towards the park through the village:

DLRP08044.jpg

I had to pose near the giant mushrooms outside the Rainforest Cafe- I think they are a very under-rated photo oppertunity....!

DLRP08045.jpg

We then ran towards the park, where we got straight in and grabbed programmes and maps.... And then I caught my first glimpse of the Castle this trip:

DLRP08051.jpg

Magic!

Robert insisted on posing on the bandstand because there was nobody else on it for once!!

DLRP08054.jpg

We darted over to Discoveryland where we went on Buzz Lightyear's Laser Blast twice (Robert beating me by a long way each time!), and then we headed to Fantasyland.... We were pleased to see Alice's Curious Labyrinth would be open later in the day, and were also pleased to see the jumping fountains were back in action!

DLRP08058.jpg

We went on Peter Pan's Flight (Which still has a special place in my heart as it was our best family ride when I was younger!) and then on Pinnochio.... After this, we headed for the Castle. I was a bit disspointed to find you couldn't get up the Castle stairs as it was closed for refurbishment, but you could look up at the lovely ceiling and all the details:

DLRP08060.jpg

I love the trees in the Castle! The castle is meant to look like it has 'grown' out of the ground apparantly, and I think the trees look amazing instead of plain old pillars!

We then went out the front, to do the obligatory Castle photos while it was still fairly quiet:

DLRP08065.jpg

We were just walking away from the Castle when a woman pointed behind me and said to her young son: "Look who it is!!", and I thought: "What? Robert?", and when I turned round I saw Mickey Mouse heading straight towards us in his little car! Robert dived out of the way as it was nearly a head on collision! I couldn't help but laugh!!

After this, we headed round to BTM as Frontierland was now open.... I was desperate to go on BTM this time, but Robert was very nervous about it and wanted to get it out of the way.....

DLRP08074.jpg

However, I was gobsmacked when we got off the ride and he declared that he loved it!! Especially so as the last thing he said to me as the train was leaving was: "I hate you for this!"....!

DLRP08072.jpg

We then darted round to Phantom Manor, which is one of my fave rides (BTM now reigns supreme though!).... I love it!! And there was no queue, which was a nice bonus!

DLRP08075.jpg

After this, we headed to Adventureland to go on POTC, which we did twice.... And then checked out Skull rock....

DLRP08077.jpg

By now we were very hungry, so we came out of the park and headed for The Rainforest Cafe, where we had a wonderful lunch.... Again, reviews and pics will go on the right thread!

We then headed for the hotel as we needed a little rest (We were very stuffed!):

DLRP08115.jpg

After a bit of a rest, we headed back to the park to find a good parade spot, which we did! Just down from Bella Notte, near the towers.... Whilst waiting we put on more suncream and chatted.... We had reservations for the California Grill that night, and we were very excited about that!

Eventually, the parade began... We LOVED it!! Robert adored the Alice in Wonderland float, and was really chuffed to see the White Rabbit and the Queen of Hearts.....I loved the Villans float myself! The evil Queen from Snow White did a fabulous pose for me when she saw I had a camera, but my stupid camera wouldn't work properly!! It was a lovely thing for her to do though!

DLRP08120.jpg

DLRP08124.jpg

DLRP08130.jpg

DLRP08142.jpg

DLRP08150.jpg

DLRP08160.jpg

DLRP08161.jpg

DLRP08179.jpg

DLRP08182.jpg

After the parade, we headed round to Small World, then to POTC, and then back to Big Thunder Mountain where we had two turns! We then wandered through Frontierland, and were pleased to spy some Halloween decs!

DLRP08193.jpg

We then waited at the Frontierland station to go round on the train- I wanted to prove to Robert that it does go through POTC! Needless to say, I got to do a little 'told you so' dance!

We got off the train at Mainstreet, where we had a little look in some of the shops. Robert then decided that he wanted to go to the Aladdin walkthrough, so we headed round there....

DLRP08197.jpg

After this, we called into the Boardwalk Candy palace for some fudge, and then headed back to the Newport to get ready for our dinner at the California Grill... It's probably wise to book Inventions and the CG if you aren't staying at the Disneyland Hotel because we had to show our reservations slip to get through....

.... After a lovely, fantastic and amazing meal, we headed back past the lovely lit up DLH and the Village....

DLRP08208.jpg

DLRP08209.jpg

And once we were back at the hotel, we showered, and went to sleep.... Which was a very good sleep indeed!!!

Day Three: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1960193

Bob xoxoxox

Really enjoying your report. I take it there weren't that many long queues considering the amount of rides you are getting through?

Really enjoying your report. I take it there weren't that many long queues considering the amount of rides you are getting through?

Queues were very minimal... The longest was 20mins BTM....

Bob xoxox

Great report as usual Bob, and waiting with baited breath for your CG review!

Another wonderful day..... lovely pics...looking forward to the rest.

Glad to hear that you didn't really sleep in ;)

Love the photo of skull rock :thumbsup2

Look forward to reading your reviews of RFC and CG :goodvibes

Glad to hear that you didn't really sleep in ;)

Love the photo of skull rock :thumbsup2

Look forward to reading your reviews of RFC and CG :goodvibes

It was a horrible feeling until we made it to the park in time!!

The reviews are up now Batman!

Bob xoxoxo

Another good day :thumbsup2
The bit about the alarm clock is TYPICAL of men: what do they think all the time?? It's a mystery :lmao: :lmao:

was suncream essential???? Like was it really hot and sunny, just hoping that weather will continue when we go in 2 weeks, maybe not so hot though!

Great review and Robert looks very cool in his sunglasses (are they the new ones you bought him?)!

another brill day Bob. Mr Small World did a similar thing with the alarm on his phone but he blamed the phone for resetting the time :rotfl:

I didnt know the train went through POTC - looking forward to trying it. Great report, you did manage loads of rides.

Sara. :)

Great review and Robert looks very cool in his sunglasses (are they the new ones you bought him?)!

He bought them himself.... He wants to stress that! Yes though, they're his new ones.... :goodvibes

Bob xoxox

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter