Boatwrights VS Olivia's

kandb

DIS Veteran
Hi, we are staying at POR and have a adr for Boatwrights. We have eaten there before and it's fine but we heard (thru here) that Olivia's was very good. Has anyone eaten at both and think Olivia's is much better? Is it worth the trip to get there? Thanks

Hi, we are staying at POR and have a adr for Boatwrights. We have eaten there before and it's fine but we heard (thru here) that Olivia's was very good. Has anyone eaten at both and think Olivia's is much better? Is it worth the trip to get there? Thanks

I ate at both in July. The menu at Olivia's is much more to my taste. DH and I had eaten there several times over the last 10 years. I always have trouble narrowing down the choices. It did not disappoint this time either. We always rented a car so transportation was never an issue. This time I went with a friend, who lives locally. I have an ADR for Olivia's in Nov. and will not have a car. My tentative plan is to go to DTD (probably via boat) from POFQ and then take the boat to OKW. We may take a taxi back to POFQ. It's right next door so can't cost much.
Most of the items on the Boatwright's menu are spicy/hot, which is not really my thing. I ate there largely because I was staying at POR and I had finally gotten myself ready to eat solo at a TS restaurant and I was less likely to 'chicken out' if I didn't have far to go. I had the pasta with shrimp. It was good, a huge portion, spicy but not beyond my tolerance. The corn bread was FABULOUS.

Service and atmosphere was fine at both so I would suggest that you go with the menu you prefer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!