Boathouse DTD

hearts8701

Castle
I am thinking about making reservations at the boathouse it's a little pricey is it worth the price

Last edited:
Here is a link to my review from May:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/co...ay-2015-dining-report-5-30-boathouse.3409705/

Boathouse

After heading to the gym, getting dressed, we headed to Downtown Disney a little after 4:00PM by bus as I had no desire to deal with the parking mess that is DTD. We did some shopping for gifts for some of the children of my husband's coworkers prior to our 6:00PM reservation through Open Table at Boathouse. We arrived about 30 minutes early and we had no problem being immediately seated in one of the dining rooms! The inside of this restaurant is very large so they probably can accommodate a nice amount of walk ins in addition to reservations.

Our server greeted us in a timely manner with a great attitude and talked about the menu as we were given both the bar menu and the table menu and some of the specials of the day.

ouzMCDR.jpg

Menu

I ordered a cocktail as we debated on the menu as there was a lot to choose from that sounded good to us. I was given the option of having the souvenir glass or not, but I passed as I already had gotten enough glasses at Trader Sam's the day before.

BsvsOUW.jpg

Lake Squall - Bacardi, Sweet & Sour, Passion Fruit, Grenadine, Orange Juice

This was a perfect fruity cocktail! There was enough rum in there to make you feel like you weren't being screwed over either for the cost.

We placed our order once our drinks arrived and were then presented with their house made rolls.

7JbnpxL.jpg

House Made Parker Rolls w/ Butter

I was surprised with how much we really enjoyed these rolls. We even got a second basket of them as we devoured them so quickly! They were fresh from the oven and the butter melted perfectly inside.

pI4UIXR.jpg

Firecracker Shrimp - Laughing Bird Shrimp, Sriracha Mayo, Shiahito Peppers

My husband and I split these shrimp as an appetizer. There was a great kick to them from the sriracha mayo they were tossed in but not too much that it would burn your mouth. We couldn't stop eating them and quickly the plate was cleared.

My husband and I each ordered an entree and got 2 of the sides to share.

X3qRCGf.jpg

Half Joyce Farms Rotisserie Chicken - Citrus Marinated, Coleslaw, Boathouse Barbecue Sauce

My husband went with the chicken and really enjoyed this! The flavor was present throughout the chicken and was nicely seasoned. I was shocked how he pretty much was able to clean it off as half a chicken is a lot of food!

RexiX4k.jpg

Filet Mignon, 8 Ounce - Bearnaise and Boathouse Steak Sauce

When I ordered this steak, our server said that I should be prepared that this is the best steak I would ever eat as it was for him. Well, it wasn't the best steak I have ever had (I've been spoiled in my life at some really great steakhouses) but it was definitely one of the best steaks I've had at Disney. It was encrusted in a great steak rub and was cooked to the exact temperature I wanted. There béarnaise wasn't too strong and really worked well with the steak.

d06ZqFQ.jpg

Fresh Cut Fries

Their sides are huge! You can tell these fries are fresh cut just by looking at them and they are tossed with enough salt and pepper that you don't have to add anymore. We both had a fair amount and it didn't even seem like we made a dent in it!

RBP9vEq.jpg

Steamed Broccoli, Hollandaise

If I have to say one bad thing about this meal, it was the broccoli. For $9, you got 2 big pieces of broccoli which didn't really seem like a lot. My husband was happy with it though as it at least gave him some vegetable to eat today since we were slacking on that front.

We passed on dessert as the only one that interested in me was the Gibson's S'mores Baked Alaska that is a dessert made for 4 people & $40. As two people that had just ate a decent amount of food, there would be no way it would be worth it for us to even attempt to have that.

Overall, we really enjoyed the Boathouse. Our server was in a great spirits and we had the manager come by our table and speak to us to make sure everything was as great as to be expected. We are totally returning here again during our October trip!​

I had lunch there last month and I think it's worth checking out at least once. The decor is fabulous (even the bathroom was really nice!), the staff are mostly attentive and friendly, and the food is definitely great quality. I ordered the lobster roll, which was very yummy:

20150716_115306.jpg

We also ate at The Boathouse for lunch in July, and we would definitely return. As you may have heard, there are some very expensive items on the menu, but there are a number of selections that won't break the bank, especially at lunch. We landed there for lunch on 4 July, and we found it to be distinctly uncrowded. We were seated in the iconic boat seen in many photos--just the two of us--and found our service to be excellent, the food very tasty, and the ambiance relaxing and breezy. My wife had the lobster cocktail appetizer, while I opted for the Angus beef carpaccio. We shared half of a Galley salad which consisted of romaine hearts, hearts of palm, salami, olives, and poached shrimp--quite good if a bit overdressed. Of particular note was the beef which came with its own tiny arugula salad (the slightly bitter, peppery greens were a perfect complement to the beef), capers, olive oil, and Grana Padano shavings. Not only was it gorgeously presented, but sublime in its flavors. We both had a glass of bubbly, as well. While they weren't taking any discounts at the time (TiW, DDP, or DVC), they did give us a military discount. We left completely satisfied with a bill right at $60. Expensive? Yes, though not terribly so by Disney standards. Exorbitant? Definitely not. I say give it a try.

Mom and I had lunch at the bar, and really enjoyed it (and had long conversations with the bartender, too). That'll be in my review, er, one of these days. I'm eager to go and try a full meal there. I'm interested in the lobster, but she strongly recommended we try their steaks, too.

The disney food blog posted a photo of the baked alaska today. Not trying to promote a blog, just saying there is a photo of it today. It is huge, but it is a slice, not a round enclosed one like I thought it would be.

You can call them directly!
That's what my wife did, and she had to be persistent. Seems they were attempting to hold on to quite a few slots in order to be able to accommodate walk-ups and the like for the 4th of July weekend in our case. She finally got a reservation, and when we showed up for our meal, the place wasn't crowded. Keep trying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter