Boat Rentals Near Disney

Discussion in 'Camping at Disney World' started by DisneyStarWisher, Feb 5, 2013.

1. DisneyStarWisher

DisneyStarWisher Love My DVC!!!

I posted this on the Orlando forum with no results. My DS16 is wanting to go to Florida next summer to bass fish. We have a boat but don't want to travel that far with it. We are wondering if there are any boat rental companies that rent bass boats near Disney since we would probably stay at Disney on our DVC points. We know we can't rent boats to fish off of on Disney property. That's why we are looking for somewhere nearby. Does anyone have any information to point me in the right direction? Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Jennifer41

Jennifer41 Housework? What housework? MOUSEWORK!

I just did a google search & came up with quite a few options. You might also want to check Orlando classifieds, or maybe even call a boat dealer. They may have more info or access to rental resources.
    I wish I could help more! Good luck!

4. ChrisinNJ

ChrisinNJ DIS Veteran

You can't rent a boat to fish, but you can book a fishing excursion. We did one in November and it was fun. There is a 20% coupon in the back of the Birmbaums guide. We left from Yacht Club resort and fished in the World Showcase Lagoon.

5. DisneyStarWisher

DisneyStarWisher Love My DVC!!!

Yes I know that's the only way to fish on Disney property. We've done an excursion before. That's why I'm asking about boat rentals nearby Disney. My DS wants to fish more than a few hours. I'm thinking it would be cheaper to rent a boat than do 5-6 excursions. Plus he wants to try some other lakes in the area.

6. ChrisinNJ

ChrisinNJ DIS Veteran

Cool. No advice on that, but if you find a place you are happy with, please let us know.

7. myjourney

myjourney DIS Veteran

It is about an hour and a half drive, but one of the best boating experiences I have ever have. We rented a pontoon boat for the day and you can fish or go island hoping. We took our grill and had a cookout on our own little island. http://sebastianinlet.com/