Boardwalk noise...,

Jean

I would send an email to member satisfaction and have them verify your HA room and the location of the construction.

:earsboy: Bill

Good idea, Bill. I ordinarily don't like to pester MS but DH just got out of the hospital again last week and is going to need to take it easy.

I am very sensitive to noise and I would have lost my mind had this happened to me. I don't care what the pp said about it being okay 9:00 - 5:00. That's just crazy and Disney should close a portion of the wing that will be impacted during those times!!!!

Last edited:
Jean

I would send an email to member satisfaction and have them verify your HA room and the location of the construction.

Bill, I can't see the email address for MS on the member site. I only see a form that looks like it goes to sales? Where is MS email?

It was a standard one bedroom. Specifically room 2105. I don't know how to post a video here...

I am at the BWV in a standard 1br. There has been noise in the room above us during the day. But it hasn't been horrendous. It is not ideal but we knew about the refurbishment and accept that it has to be done at some point. Closing off an entire wing is not ever going to happen.

It was a standard one bedroom. Specifically room 2105. I don't know how to post a video here...
I would love to share Fromt Desk action...We are still here and they have seemed to have moved, maybe due to convention or Holiday occupancy...can you PM me?

Exactly... If an entire wing were closed, people would complain about lack of availability.

I am at the BWV in a standard 1br. There has been noise in the room above us during the day. But it hasn't been horrendous. It is not ideal but we knew about the refurbishment and accept that it has to be done at some point. Closing off an entire wing is not ever going to happen.

Exactly... If an entire wing were closed, people would complain about lack of availability.

There will always be lack of availability. I rather settle for a quiet stay at Saratoga Springs than deal with construction at the Grand Floridian Villas if it is that bad.

They turn over those rooms fast enough that an entire wing doesn't need to be closed. But putting a guest in the room next door to a room under construction is poor planning/service on their part.

I agree that closing off an entire wing isn't going to happen. I didn't suggest that - I suggested only the portion of the wing that was affected by the noise.

My thoughts,

1- It is reasonable to assume many guests will be out and about.
2- It is also reasonable that if you are a guest, that does use the hotel during the day, that you should not have to deal with Jack Hammering. I recently had a tile floor jack hammered up in a condo, and the noise was unbearable. I felt bad for the noise to the neighbors.
3- It is vacation, construction noise, to that degree, is something that you should not have to deal with. While yes people would complain if they closed wings of a hotel, the alternative which Disney has done for the Poly and BW is to deal with the issues on the backend. It does nothing for the guest that has to experience it for a day or two or longer. It disrupts your vacation even if they move you.
4- Carpet updating, painting etc is something that most people can overlook. If construction requires hard hats it has reached another level.

We are going to Boardwalk next in 10 days, I will have my fingers crossed. We are planning AM Parks, afternoon at resort, and evenings at Food and Wine on a few of the days. My expectation is use my room without having to leave it due to noise. They are welcome to upgrade me to a suite at any other hotel if construction severely impacts my reasonable enjoyment, or compensate me for the loss time at the hotel. Disney sets the expectation based on their marketing and their standards, if they choose to not meet their own expectations that's on them.

Last edited:
I am sitting on my balcony overlooking the boardwalk right now, and I can hear bandsaws or some such tool being used, it sounds like it's coming from the front side of the building. I occasionally hear hammering too. We are on the very end of the 4 th floor near Jellyrolls, no construction above us.
And while this hall is open when you get off the elevator the other hall that wraps back toward the community hall building and the tennis courts is closed off with a temp door at the lobby area. I opened it once and peeked in an construction was underway.

I am sitting on my balcony overlooking the boardwalk right now, and I can hear bandsaws or some such tool being used, it sounds like it's coming from the front side of the building. I occasionally hear hammering too.

How frustrating for you. :headache: I love nothing more than sitting on my balcony while at Disney enjoying the beautiful and serene day.

How frustrating for you. :headache: I love nothing more than sitting on my balcony while at Disney enjoying the beautiful and serene day.

Man do I miss hearing the horns of the Friendship's on a sunny morning. I really do miss the Boardwalk.

We returned from golf this morning and met another couple trying to access entry to building....now we understand.
If you look up they are working on the 3rd floor as well....most troubling vacation we have ever had as far as management non-response to an awful situation.

Not likely, the have taken rooms OOS at BCV, VWL and BWV that we know of and I'm sure that there are more OOS all the time that we don't know of. A few years ago a well know entertainer was staying at BWV and they didn't seem to have any trouble getting them several villas close together. We have no knowledge when rooms are removed from service.

OP I felt your pain. I checked in on Sunday to room 5075 a standard one bedroom. The construction noise was earsplitting! I went down and asked about it and was told it would only be from 9-5. Ended up with food poisoning that night. I started hearing the banging at 7:45am- not even close to 9am. I could barely move, but I finally couldn't take it anymore and called and got a wonderful cast member who found me another room. No rooms in that section should have been given to any guest! It was awful! After we moved I noticed some things about our new room that the first room was missing- no shower trim piece across the top, the shower door handle was about to fall off and there was no rubber seal along the door. I also noticed the living room floor was already scratched up from the chair- which makes me question why they did those floors! They didn't even bother to finish up the room that they gave me.

Poor form on the management of Boardwalk.

Just so people know it is the standard view rooms that are currently being refurbished. Our room was near the elevator facing the entrance.

Last edited:
It would take even longer then and other people would be upset. Most people aren't in their rooms between 9-5 so it seems perfectly reasonable to make noise then.

And why would that take longer?

Isolating the construction noise makes sense to me. A wing at a time, instead of playing hopscotch with the floors....

I was there in February just after they started. They were in the standard wing on the top floor. Now I hear that wing is not yet complete. I go back in 3 weeks. So my second trip with the reno crew.

We were in the boardwalk this past week, the noise was unbelievable. The front desk refunded us one of the nights points. We didn't ask we just went down to ask when it was going to be over for the day an she said something about we should have know about the construction and I had gotten an email. We received no email and to be honest I have not been following any news on the boards about it with other real life problems going on in my life the past year. She then just offered us the points back which I accepted and my points are now back in my inventory as this years points an I can bank them before the end of the month which I shall.

On the other had we are in the Poly lagoon view now for a few days an I am seriously thinking of adding on a few more nights food and wine next year to "relax" here and watch the Halloween fireworks from my room a few nights that they are on. This is heaven compared to the boardwalk and I never thought I'd say that.

WDW needs to have a policy that is consistent and fair to all guests.
If someone gets points returned because they complained or went to the front desk to inquire about noise
due to construction that is great.
But how about those guests that complain and don't get anything except "sorry", or people who were
at BWV and were subjected to the noise, went home and then read these posts to find out that some guests
had their points returned.
In these 2 cases are the guests entitled to contact DVC Member Services, explain the situation, and also ask
to have their points returned. It would seem fair to me but my guess is any luck in getting this done would depend
on which Cast Member they were talking to, which again would make the whole process inconsistent and unfair.
Just wondering.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!