Boardwalk noise...,

I hope you tip well also...and have a wonderful quiet trip...Karma is a wonderful thing!

I always tip well, I will have a wonderful trip regardless of how quiet it is or isn't, and I am not the least bit worried about my karma, but thanks for your concern.

OMG. More than double what most make per hour at a regular job....we were horrified! My husband waited with him and he completely understood how bad it was. I own a business...I appreciate people who care in taking care of customers!

The Bell Hops at The Boardwalk are incredible, most of them have been at the BW for years and know the problems they have. I was in a similar situation with the bell hop when I had my issue. Fortunately I had gotten to know this particular bell hop from staying on site over the years. He couldn't have been happier to help and I had to force my tip on him.

I always tip well, I will have a wonderful trip regardless of how quiet it is or isn't, and I am not the least bit worried about my karma, but thanks for your concern.

That's just tempting fate.

Its not tempting fate if I quite literally do not care if there is construction noise from 9-5 or not.

So let's say hypothetically someone in your family gets sick and just wants to go back to the room and sleep? Will you still quiet literally not care about the noise?

Original poster here..... Home and rested. I don't understand why it isn't understood how unacceptable the noise level is .... oh.... because you have to be there to believe it... Anyhow. I will keep this thread updated when I hear back from member services.

Original poster here..... Home and rested. I don't understand why it isn't understood how unacceptable the noise level is .... oh.... because you have to be there to believe it... Anyhow. I will keep this thread updated when I hear back from member services.

No, it's understood and the vast, vast majority would agree. Some people prefer to go against the grain regardless of how ridiculous their point is.

How was the noise at the main pool? Was there visible construction?

If your vacation is impacted by construction noise, make sure to have your issues documented by the BWV front desk in person.

I learned this the hard way after a bad stay at the Poly. When I finally spoke to a DVC member satisfaction CM, she said that since I did not document all of the issues of our stay with the front desk, they could not prove they actually happened.

OP, I feel very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced during your BWV stay. We were there a week ago, and were not impacted by the construction, but saw how widespread the construction was. We knew some people were dealing with an inconvenience.

This is making me very nervous. DH is disabled and we don't spend much time in the parks. We always book a one bedroom and spend considerable time in the room and on the BW. DH also needs rest during the day. I guess I just have to trust that things will all work out. Another thread about construction progress is making me wonder if we will even be able to stay at BWV since there is only one HA BW view one bedroom and someone reported recently that the hallway where it is located is closed. Ugh.

Last edited:
This is making me very nervous. DH is disabled and we don't spend much time in the parks. We always book a one bedroom and spend time considerable time in the room and one the BW. DH also needs rest during the day. I guess I just have to trust that things will all work out. Another thread about construction progress is making me wonder if we will even be able to stay at BWV since there is only one HA BW view one bedroom and someone reported recently that the hallway where it is located is closed. Ugh.

I took a one minute video in our bedroom..... showing the décor with the jackhammer noise.

OP, I'm sorry to hear that. I've "lived" through many refurbs and that sounds horrible. Please make sure the front desk knows how you feel. We love BWV as it is one of my homes. We spend more time there than any other resort. We also no longer go to the parks every day. We arrive in a couple of weeks. Though we were there just a few weeks ago and it was quiet on the standard side wing, but that's because nothing was going on there. I'm sure they will probably make it over to my location by the next trip. Keep us posted.

I consider DVC to be my vacation home away from home. I would not go on vacation to hear a jack hammer from 9-5. As an owner for 18 years I don't spend a lot of time in the parks. But what about families with young children who need an afternoon nap? I think referbing a wing at a time would be better.

What about other people who need a nap? Our days of rope drop to closing are waayyyyy in the past. A few yrs ago we had a pool view at Jambo. During the afternoon games you would have thought the speakers were in our room. Never will we take a pool view again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter