Boardwalk noise...,

vellamint

DIS Veteran
At the boardwalk now. Extremely loud drilling over us. From 9-5 all day. Called the front desk and had a manager call me back apologizing. Not a happy camper. I didn't come here to spend all my days in the parks..... I have such a headache and it's too late to ask to move as we are leaving for mk and tomorrow is our last day.... Very unmagical

That stinks, sorry to hear you're having issues. The last two times we stayed at the BWV we had un-magical experiences. First time we dealt with it and just switched rooms. The second time they moved us to Kidani. As much as we love the resort and location we won't stay there anymore. We miss some of the Cast Members though, especially the bell hops.

Hopefully your December trip will be a better experience. BLT has been our favorite resort, I am sure that trip will be much better!

Edit: I know it's easier said than done, but try to make the best of it. Go pop a squat on one of the benches on the Boardwalk and people watch. Or go take a book over to the beach at the Beach Club. I don't think you'll get much R and R at the Boardwalk Pool...that clown creeps me out.

People want the hotels to be renovated and updated or they would be on here complaining about them never getting refreshed, but then people complain about the noise from the work going on. If it was early in the morning or late at night I would say that I think you have a valid complaint. But you stated they are working from 9-5, times when the vast, vast majority of people are going to be out of the hotel and doing other things, especially at Disney, so I don't think you have a valid complaint.

People want the hotels to be renovated and updated or they would be on here complaining about them never getting refreshed, but then people complain about the noise from the work going on. If it was early in the morning or late at night I would say that I think you have a valid complaint. But you stated they are working from 9-5, times when the vast, vast majority of people are going to be out of the hotel and doing other things, especially at Disney, so I don't think you have a valid complaint.

I have to speak out.
You are so off base with your comment. We are also here right now. The entire room is vibrating and we literally can not hear each other without yelling. This is a Disney debacle. We were informed the construction plan did not execute due to incompetence of construction companies. No one should comment on someones vacation expectation of rest and relaxation? 20years...this is a first.

I will send pixie dust to OP
We have a whole week to go....

I have to speak out.
You are so off base with your comment. We are also here right now. The entire room is vibrating and we literally can not hear each other without yelling. This is a Disney debacle. We were informed the construction plan did not execute due to incompetence of construction companies. No one should comment on someones vacation expectation of rest and relaxation? 20years...this is a first.

If you don't want people to comment, don't post on a public message board. When exactly would you like them to renovate the hotel? 9-5 seems perfectly reasonable to me. Most people are going to be at the parks or at the pool and I would venture to guess that less than 10% of people are in the rooms.

"I" expect them to close one wing at a time so as to not impact guests. Common areas, pools, restaurants are one thing. This is so unacceptable and disrespectful

It would take even longer then and other people would be upset. Most people aren't in their rooms between 9-5 so it seems perfectly reasonable to make noise then.

On a Sunday morning. Visiting F&W. Nope. Not buying it. They know the clientele is more adult and DVC members in generally are not the park go-go-goers. If I knew I was going to be driven from my room between 9-5 I wouldn't have wasted my points on a one bedroom.

On a Sunday morning. Visiting F&W. Nope. Not buying it. They know the clientele is more adult and DVC members in generally are not the park go-go-goers. If I knew I was going to be driven from my room between 9-5 I wouldn't have wasted my points on a one bedroom.

Really DVCers aren't park go-go-goers? That has not been my experience.

Disboards are utilized as an information hub for the good news as well as bad. I hope the truth about what is going on here at BWV informs other people what to expect when arriving. I thank the OP. I was not aware of this chaos before checking in and there is no other availability. We can debate 10% comment but maybe those are Value resort guests park habits.

Disboards are utilized as an information hub for the good news as well as bad. I hope the truth about what is going on here at BWV informs other people what to expect when arriving. I thank the OP. I was not aware of this chaos before checking in and there is no other availability. We can debate 10% comment but maybe those are Value resort guests park habits.

Ill be there in 12 days, and have been aware for months that there was construction going on. Its hard not to notice.

Enjoy you stay...since you state you are part of the "90%" group, the noise if still grinding on will not effect your family in the least. All the best.

There always seemed to be some kind of construction or "refurb" going on when we were there. Not sure why it (at the least the DVC side) is so run down. We haven't stayed there in a few years so maybe things have changed?

You can see my post here as to why we stopped staying there.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/at-the-boardwalk-now-is-black-mold-that-common.3014222/

I also agree with the PP in that Disney should be doing these things off season and should be closing down a section if the construction is going to be that intrusive. They have enough properties to cover their guests. If the resort I want to stay in is booked I settle on another resort, but I still go to Disney.

I would have a hard time living with that kind of disruption on a business trip in a Holiday Inn, much less on vacation in a Disney Villa.

I have to speak out.

Not acceptable, go down to the front desk, ask for a manager and voice your dissatisfaction. Then email member satisfaction and report the issue to them.

:earsboy: Bill

I consider DVC to be my vacation home away from home. I would not go on vacation to hear a jack hammer from 9-5. As an owner for 18 years I don't spend a lot of time in the parks. But what about families with young children who need an afternoon nap? I think referbing a wing at a time would be better.

Thank you for the great advice and support. We made Bellman wait 30min with all our luggage and groceries while i went to front desk. They are ordered not to comment on noise level but he agreed it was off the rictor scale. The room was literally shaking for 2 days. I will post their response and action when we check out! People can judge, but unless you are here in the noise zone you have NO CLUE what is going on...We are alone in a 1 bedroom Standard view..thank god we have no children with us. Where is Disney Management? I never got an apology from a manager...just platitudes.

OMG. More than double what most make per hour at a regular job....we were horrified! My husband waited with him and he completely understood how bad it was. I own a business...I appreciate people who care in taking care of customers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!