BoardWalk Inn

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Mymatisse, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Mymatisse

Mymatisse Tissey come with bow!

I'm going to be staying for 4 nights at the POR in Septemeber and the 5th night at the Board Walk Inn.

I haven't read too much about the BWI and was just wondering if anyone has any comments about it?

I'm REALLY looking forward to staying there.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. pooh6890

pooh6890 DIS Veteran

First thing, it's good you are staying at POR first and then the BWI because you will absolutely love it and wished you had stayed there the whole trip. The hotel is really lovely. We had a BW view and could see the fireworks each night from there. The location is the best in DW as far as I am concerned. Lots to do on the BW at night, the food, the CM's and the property is just really pretty. They just renovated a lot of the rooms which are very spacious and pretty, and the arrival area and the BW Villas are open soon. The lobby is gorgeous. You will love it and want to go back.

4. dwbakerjr

dwbakerjr Mouseketeer

If you have a 'free' evening (not often at WDW...) get by and see the night life on the Boardwalk before you check in. Kind of get an idea how to parse out your time while you are there (rent a buggy, watch the entertainers, window shop, go in the ESPN club, drop in the Dance Hall, or whatever suits your fancy). As mentioned above, you'll be thinking "I need more time at this place!!"..

enjoy..
    :cool:

5. niks81

niks81 Let's just say I wasn't the 'only one'!<br><font c

I'm with Pooh on this one....

The best place to stay on property. You can walk to Epcot quicker than the boat can get there. MGM has a boat to it as well and walking back at night is especially nice. AK, MK, DTD, TL, and BB all have excellent bus transport. And the Boardwalk is in the center of everything. There are four or five good restaurants right on the Boardwalk along with a few shops. The entertainment is just fabulous. And if this is not enough you can walk to the Y/B club or Swan & Dolphin for other dining options.

Now for the room part....
    If you are lucky to get a Boardwalk view I assure you it will make your trip ten times more wonderful than you ever imagined. I had one recently and I sat out there everynight and just watched the people, listened to the music and sounds, I loved it. The Boardwalk Inn has lovely rooms. They are decorated so nice! Fairly large also. If you are in the Boardwalk Villas they are spectacular...kitchens, jacuzzis, what more can you say.

That Boardwalk view is phenomenal. The ambience of this resort far outweighs any of the others I assure you.

6. SnackyStacky

SnackyStacky <font color=9900FF>Disney Addict<br><table border=

Is it possible to get a Boardwalk view with standard view? I'm really not up on the "views" at each of the resort!!!!

7. niks81

niks81 Let's just say I wasn't the 'only one'!<br><font c

In the villas or Inn? I don't believe so....Boardwalk is a water view and i believe it's preferred...

8. SnackyStacky

SnackyStacky <font color=9900FF>Disney Addict<br><table border=

At the Inn...I knew it probably wouldn't, but I figured I'd ask! :)

9. pooh6890

pooh6890 DIS Veteran

Yes, I paid for a Waterview view room and then asked at check in for a Boardwalk view (instead of pool view)....they accomodated us very well. I should have also asked for a "full" balcony because we got the little one......we had three of us and it was cramped but we had a lot of fun on that little balcony.....the view was magnificent and just sitting out there people watching was a blast! (We went for Super Soap Weekend and saw a lot of soap stars walking up to the hotel and we would scream and smile at and they would look up and talk to us.......I can't wait for this year now.) This hotel is just the best!

10. dwbakerjr

dwbakerjr Mouseketeer

Hmmm.... nobody has even mentioned the Keister Koaster... Luna Park is my kids fav pool....

:)

11. shoes99

shoes99 DIS Veteran

We are going to do something similar to the original post. We are going to stay 5 nights at ASMo during the Disneyana Convention in August, then move to the Boardwalk Inn for our last night. That last night is the first day of value season so we got a good rate of $193.00 including tax using a code. The AP rate for that same night is $224.55 for a standard room. Wish we could stay longer but even one night will be fun and get us closer to our quest of staying at every single WDW hotel.

12. Parrotheader

Parrotheader Mouseketeer

We stayed at POR for 4 nights on our recent land/sea vacation. While we loved POR (I think it has the most beautiful grounds of any resort) we were very impressed with the whole area around the Boardwalk when we visited it one night. It was like it's own mini-Downtown Disney/Pleasure Island with all the shops and clubs.

It's definitely not a resort style atmosphere. It's much more urban feeling with all the activity going on there. For me personally, I dont think it would be the ideal place to stretch out and relax for a long vacation in comparison to some of the other resorts. However, I think it would be perfect for a 3 or 4 day weekend stay when you want to just have a lot of non-stop fun.

Getting a boardwalk view would definitely be the way to go. It's fun to people watch in an environment like that. Personally though, after seeing the absolutely GORGEOUS view of the Boardwalk at night (with all the lights reflecting off the lake), I'd rather stay at the Beach/Yacht club and enjoy the view across the lake. You'll have a blast there though.

13. donmil723

donmil723 Stormalong Bay/Castaway Cay Beach Bum

We had standard rooms at BWI in May. Standard rooms overlook the parking lot or courtyard. We were in 2321 and it overlooked the courtyard. It was the courtyard between the lobby and the two-story part that juts out. It was very convenient to both the lobby and the quiet pool.

BWI is a very nice resort with lots of things happening. We still prefer the Y&BC though.

I did copy some room numbers down so if you tell me what you are looking for I might be able to help narrow it down for you.

14. vicb

vicb DIS Veteran

My family stayed at BWI this winter and fell in love. Can't imagine staying anywhere else now. The staff was wonderful, they were helpful but not overbearing. The atmosphere was not at all stuffy and we found it to be very relaxing! Great relaxing spots were: the porch off the lobby with all the rocking chairs, quiet pool area and yes the BW itself during the day ( we paractically had it all to ourselves). We loved the pool, there was enough there to keep the kids happy but still be self-contained and easy to watch them. THe pool bar (Leaping Horse) turned out to be one of our favorite hanging out spots, we were there during the Olympics and it was surreal to be watching skiing from the pool bar! While the kids swam DH and I could get a lemonade or beer, and we ate a few late lunches/early dinners there too.;)

15. TheLorax2000

TheLorax2000 <font color=navy>Still lurking...<br><font color=b

hmmm, I was just wondering ... what kind of grounds does the BWI have? Is there a nice quiet area to walk around. I've stayed at YC and I guess now that I think about, the only area to "walk around" would be the boardwalk. Unlike GF or POLY, there aren't really any grounds to speak of.

Does anyone if the renovation is done over there?

We are trying to decide whether to stay on our up coming trip. (it's only 2 weeks away so we need to decide quickly, but we always do these last minute kind of things.)

16. vicb

vicb DIS Veteran

We strolled the garden/quiet pool area on the Inn side and I guess the path toward MGM along the canal would be "quiet". We thought it was nice to stroll around the lake at night, the resorts are so pretty all lit up, the gazebo between Epcot and BW is a nice spot to sit and the bridge by the S/D is nice to see some of the Epcot fireworks. But it really doesn't have the quiet grounds like the Poly.