Boardwalk - feel like you are in the Shining?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by bcrook, Jun 11, 2012.

1. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

The stairs are fire escapes, they aren't supposed to be pretty. I was in 3001 last month, which is the last room next to Jellyrolls. We used the stairs across the hall, they lead to the path by the canal for a quick exit.

I've stayed there 10 to 15 times and have never had an issue. No different than walking long distances from bus stops at larger resorts.

Amazing views from the boardwalk view villas:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Scott MC

Scott MC DIS Veteran

I've now stayed at 8 WDW resorts, and by far, the Boardwalk is my favorite, but I have to agree about the long hallways and lack of elevators. On our trip last summer, we were lucky enough to get a CL room facing the boardwalk roughly upstairs from the Arcade. It did seem humorous to have to walk a good distance to the hub of the building, ride the elevator down, and then walk all the way back past our room (only now on the boardwalk itself) to get to Epcot. An exit from the inn near ESPN would be perfection!

4. Disney Fool

Disney Fool <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

Exactly!!! I stayed in the club room near the end of the hall and I kept looking for an exit that would put me near the ESPN club, but I couldn't find one. It was very frustrating. Once, I ended up at a quiet pool where those villas with the mailboxes and picket fences are. I was totally disoriented. Cool area though. But I must say, the Boardwalk long hallways would have to go some to beat the Dolphin hallways. Now those hallways are torture! Just when you think you've reached the end, you turn a corner and another long hallway awaits.

5. bcrook

bcrook DIS Veteran

And there is this...

[​IMG]

One of two, both were by the fireplace this past week.

Steve Russo has a great review at Mouseplanet.

6. tallen429

tallen429 DIS Veteran

Every time I see it all I can think is that it looks just like the big Clown Demon from Steven King's "It"!! :rotfl2:

7. MSUmom

MSUmom MSU mom

My family stayed there in March. We were 3 rooms down from the elevator and didn't have any problem. It was a wonderful room and we had a water view studio. Our water view was the dock. It was great.

Although I will say the one day we got off the bus and where trying to take a short cut to the boardwalk and got a little lost.

8. klmall

klmall DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

I've walked through a few hallways at the Boardwalk; never stayed there but I think this thread title deserves an award for one of the catchiest yet! It certainly got my attention!

9. bowbat

bowbat DIS Veteran

We had no problem finding our way around at BWI & I thought the hallways were bright & cheerful, but I had the EXACT feeling as you when we stayed at WL. As in, I told my husband, "This place reminds me of The Shining." Long, dark, creepy hallways (where we seriously never saw or heard anyone else...generally a good thing at a hotel, but just added to the creep factor), and even the elevators were similar looking to the ones in The Shining (albeit without waves of blood pouring out). Total creep-o-rama...and we can't wait to go back in November. :lmao:

10. lylone

lylone All our dreams can come true, if we have the coura

yes, I think it is creepy....

11. jade1

jade1 If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your luc

Your gonna love VWL then. :scared:

[​IMG]

12. tinkermommyof3

tinkermommyof3 DIS Veteran

We loved the BWI. Although we personally preferred location of other resorts, ie. Poly, GF, CR, we thought BWI was spectaular.

13. ResortFan

ResortFan Mouseketeer

Yes! I felt the same way at the Yacht Club too though!

14. sharadoc

sharadoc Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving

You can, you just have to go up the stairs in the courtyard. I think it's good because it keeps out the people who are just wandering around the Boardwalk.

15. TaraPA

TaraPA <font color=navy>I will think of that animatronic

OMG imagine if someone moved them to be in front of the elevator doors. The Shining is one of my alltime favorite movies, and even I'd run for the hills if I saw those chairs by an elevator!

We were making Shining jokes in the hallways of BCV too. We were even making the big wheel rolling noises as we walked. It took us 2 days until we could get from point A to point B without getting turned around.

I personally think the outside of WL looks like The Shining. I've never stayed there, and don't want to because of that!

16. lbv7

lbv7 Mouseketeer

Unless I am wrong I cannot think of any hotel in WDW, (or the world), that offers outside views from a hallway.

17. bcrook

bcrook DIS Veteran

At animal kingdom lodges you have views of the savannah. That is where i usually stay. The contemporary is wide open.

18. GaSleepingBeautyFan

GaSleepingBeautyFan DIS Veteran

:rotfl2: When I called my husband after checking in to the Boardwalk Inn and getting to my room, I told him the hallways were like the movie the Shining. :rotfl:
    I'm glad it wasn't just me!

19. luvmyguyz

luvmyguyz Mouseketeer

What were they thinking with that clown??? Yikes!!

20. goofy4tink

goofy4tink No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator Moderator

I own DVC at BWV...love it there. And I more often than not, end up at the far end of a hallway....closer to Jellyrolls than to the lobby. But, I have to tell you...have you ever walked the halls at Kidani??? OMG. My friend and I did.....it was exhausting!! Much longer than the halls at BWV. Sure, you get to look outside every so often, but that doesn't make the actual walk any shorter!! I couldn't believe how long those halls were. And they seem to be more convoluted than the halls at BWV.

21. jade1

jade1 If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your luc

Luna Park in Melbourne Australia was kinda similar. It is the same name.

[​IMG]