Boardwalk buses and dinning...

ALD85

DIS Veteran
So we stayed at the Boardwalk in October for the first time. (Always stayed at POR). We loved it, however the bus situation was seriously lacking. We waited over 30 min for an MK bus at times. Is it always this way? We loved the proximity to Epcot and HS. I loved how small it was compared to what we're used to, but dang those busses! And I was surprised to see no food court? Is there anywhere I may have missed I can get some Mickey waffles without doing table service (which we did once)? Thanks!

At times, I've waited for buses at deluxe resorts for longer than 30 minutes. It can be quite frustrating especially when you have limited time at WDW. I no longer rely solely on Disney Transportation. I did not see any mickey waffles on the menus for the listed causal dinning restaurants associated with the Boardwalk. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/boardwalk-inn/dining/

Was just going to echo what Jack already said - I have always found it weird, but I waited the LONGEST for buses @ deluxe resorts - I remember Boardwalk, and Y&BC to be the longest. Now mind you - I haven't been for 3 years - since they started supposedly really "refining" the "dispatch on demand" system, but I'm just sayin'.......

As far as food court - no - Boardwalk does not have one - most deluxes started out not having anything like that, to differentiate them from the values/moderates - but - they learned, and most added expanded "grab and go" or still have QS options (like Roaring Forks at WL, or Contempo Cafe @ Contemporary). The Beach Club has a decent grab 'n go, but don't think it has Mickey waffles, since it's "grab 'n go" (like I said, haven't been there in 3 years). When I stayed @ BWV a few years ago, if I did breakfast @ the resort, it was Boardwalk Bakery (which has expended since then), but get there EARLY, and expect lines......and again.....weren't any Mickey waffles when I was there, but they did have some pretty good hot breakfast sandwiches, along with coffee, and their other delectable treats.

Edited to say - I forgot too the Swolphin is not far away, and although I only stayed there 2 nights a LONG time ago, I'm sure they have some "fast food" options for breakfast between them - either "grab 'n go" or a food court sort of thing.

Last edited:
Busses at the Boardwalk and Beach Club are horrid. We tended to walk through Epcot and take the monorail to the MK. At the end of the day, the return busses were much better. This is why I will never stay at AKL again. There is only bus service at deluxe pricing, and the busses are slow to come.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!