1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Boardwalk Bakery closed Jan.-April

Discussion in 'DVC Resorts' started by Missyrose, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Missyrose

Missyrose DIS Veteran

Had anyone heard about this (from themouseforless.com):

Not thrilled with this news considering BW Bakery was the only CS-type place to get breakfasts. Guess we'll order more breakfast foods for our villas or plan to pick up pastries in France for the next morning.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bobbiwoz

bobbiwoz I'm happy to dance with you!

Well, it could use an expansion, but we'll be at BWV the first week & the 3rd week in January, so it will be inconvenient. There are certain treats we will miss!

4. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

I hope there will be some kind of expansion, counter service is a big problem at BW. I wish they would use the space where the kids club used to be for a Mara type place. They will not do that because it will compete with the boardwalk restaurants.

5. jekjones1558

jekjones1558 Always happy at Disney

I wonder if there might be a self-serve mug refill station included in the expansion?

6. johnrlane

johnrlane Earning My Ears

Darn! We are staying at BWV in January and love the bakery. I will miss not having it open, but would look forward to something bigger and better.

7. westjones

westjones <font color=blue>Mother of Two <font color=deeppin

Oh I hope there is a self service mug refill station put in!

And as for breakfast, when we stay at BWV we usually go over to the Dophin to their cafeteria. When we were there they gave you a discount if you show them your DVC card.

8. MouseMomx2

MouseMomx2 DIS Veteran

That's interesting. I just ordered a cake from the Boardwalk Bakery for January 9th. I wonder if it will be made n another on-property bakery. It is being delivered to Kouzzina for us so that negates the pick-up issue at least.

9. disneynutz

disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Bellevue Lounge in the Boardwalk Inn has limited breakfast offerings and they refill mugs. They close after breakfast and open around dinner time so check ahead.

:earsboy: Bill

10. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

There is a post over on one of the other boards saying that they are. It will be interesting to see how they police it, people will be refilling paper cups from the boardwalk stands. Maybe the chips.

11. CarolMN

CarolMN DVC Co-Moderator Moderator

I'm betting that the Lounge offerings and hours will be expanded during the time the Bakery is not available.

12. DizBub

DizBub Totally Addicted

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought there already was a mug refill station just inside the door on the left.

Glad to hear of an expansion, it really needs it. Really cramped in there now.

Sorry for the people staying there during the closure though.

13. MouseMomx2

MouseMomx2 DIS Veteran

Nope...no refill station. You have to ask the CMs behind the counter for a refill.

14. vdub322

vdub322 Are we there yet?

We will be at BWV for the very first time 1/24-1/31. We are very disappointed to hear this because we were anxious to try out all the different options on the Boardwalk. I am, however, thankful for the DIS because now I know to plan ahead when I make my grocery order!

15. CaliforniaDreaming

CaliforniaDreaming #1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

This is excellent news; I'm anxious to see what the finished product looks like. This should be a huge benefit to those staying at BWV.

16. michelleiada

michelleiada DIS Veteran

I always thought the bakery was too small. Can't wait to see it when it's done!

17. dvcterry

dvcterry DIS Veteran

I always feel a little disappointed when they close something but at the same time can't wait to see it when it opens. Agreed that it was cramped in there.

18. n2mm

n2mm aka WALTSGIRL

We'll be there in January too, so glad to know this info in advance. Hopefully it will be a positive change. We'll be back the beginning of May so will be there to check it out.

19. kkbutterfly

kkbutterfly Mouseketeer

I'm glad I'm not the only one annoyed by BWI/V lack of quick/counter service. Its my favorite resort (I got married there and love the walk to Epcot and the atmosphere...) but i HATE that I can't get a quick meal in the morning or at night. I really don't care much for the bakery either, their pre-made sandwiches leave something to be desired. Can't they find space for even something small like Contempo Cafe?

20. westjones

westjones <font color=blue>Mother of Two <font color=deeppin

I feel the same way. It is my favorite resort EXCEPT for the lack of quick/counter service and the mug refill station.

I never understood why they couldn't put a mug refill station at the pool bar like they have at SSR or VB (maybe others, but those are the ones I have seen).

I am glad the Dolphin has the cafeteria so when we stay there that is where we go. But it would be nice if BW had something right there so we didn't have to go over to the Dolphin for food.