• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boardwalk at end of August

pentex

DIS Veteran
We are confirmed at OKW for a couple of weeks at the end of August. We were thinking of trying to stay a couple of days at the BW in either a standard or preferred 2 bedroom during part of the trip...I can't try to make ressie until later this month and just wanted to know from BW experts what they think our chances are at the 7 month window?

We own at OKW and had the same situation last year and had no problem getting into BWV last week of August. The only issue will be that you will probably have to take a preferred view room since all the standards go by the BWV members at the 11 month windows.

Good luck

Ed
DVC 1994
OKW

Summertime other than July 4 week tends to be fairly open at 7 months out for BW. However, standard view will be more difficult to get.

I called MS on Dec. 26th and got July 6-13 at BWV. We own at VWL so we will be staying there July 2-5. I say go for it. I thought it would be hopeless and was really surprised when the CM told me that the only days not available at BWV were July 3rd and 4th.

I called Member Services yesterday to check on inventory for BW on 2 bedroom suites for August....I gave her a span of 8/15 -30 to make it more likely and she told me that there were no 2 bedrooms left for that entire time period....is that possible? I'm wondering if because our home is OKW, they aren't giving us correct info until 7 month window? What do any BW owners think? (Now that I've mentioned the idea to my husband, he really wants to split the resorts we stay at and he keeps bugging me about BW!)

It could be possible. There are no dedicated 2 bedrooms at BWV and the studios are popular. I know I could not get the August dates I wanted at my 11 month window and I was looking for a studio. I had to move my dates somewhat.

Good luck!

Cyn:bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter