Blue's Road Trip - Part II ~ New 5/6: It Pays To Have Connections!!

Actually I had a flashback to a cartoon of an Evil bunny, I am thinking maybe Bugs? Didn't he take something and turn evil with drool and growling?

Wow! Is that river in your back yard? Very nice. My son would be fishing everyday. I'd never see him. Looks like you had a great day!

Thanks. One of the nice things about it is that it keeps the girls hanging around home but it also means all their friends are here most of the summer. We go through lots of food and drink during those months :laughing:

Here is a list of our ADR's, not in any particular order:

We chose three character dinners since Chef Mickey's was such a hit with the girls.

Ohana breakfast with Lilo and Stitch - Goofy loves Stitch :banana:
Crystal Palace - The girls both like Pooh
Garden Grill - Linnie recommend this place and I think it'll be fun

Sci-Fi - This was a request from JoJo

Whispering Canyon - I read a bit about this place and I hope we won't be disappointed

Hoop-Dee-Doo - AGAIN because my gang insisted. I wanted to try Mickey's Backyard BBQ but I was outnumbered on this one :(

That takes care of my free dining plan but I still have 2 dinners left that we will pay out of pocket.

What do you think and any suggestions for the remaining nights?

Good choice JoJo

Whispering Canyon - I read a bit about this place and I hope we won't be disappointed

I don’t think you’ll be disappointed; it’s a lot of fun and a lot of food.
We do the “Skillet” when we go for Breakfast or Dinner.

You guys might enjoy “50’s Prime Time Café” in MGM.
I would rate the food a little above average, but the shenanigans that go on are very entertaining.

This is making me hungry; I have to go toast a bagel

Here is a list of our ADR's, not in any particular order:

We chose three character dinners since Chef Mickey's was such a hit with the girls.

Ohana breakfast with Lilo and Stitch - Goofy loves Stitch :banana:
Crystal Palace - The girls both like Pooh
Garden Grill - Linnie recommend this place and I think it'll be fun

Hoop-Dee-Doo - AGAIN because my gang insisted. I wanted to try Mickey's Backyard BBQ but I was outnumbered on this one :(

That takes care of my free dining plan but I still have 2 dinners left that we will pay out of pocket.

What do you think and any suggestions for the remaining nights?

O'Hana breakfast for dinner? :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

All GREAT choices. Whispering Canyon is fun. When you check in, ask the hostess to put you with a "FUN" waiter (or waitress). That makes the difference.

I believe Epcot now allows you to bring your pets in with you so the Oreo and Muttens will have a blast riding Test Track. I think Garden Grill also has some pet items on the menu.

Should be a blast for all!! :thumbsup2

I don’t think you’ll be disappointed; it’s a lot of fun and a lot of food.
We do the “Skillet” when we go for Breakfast or Dinner.

What is the skillet???

Goofster said:
You guys might enjoy “50’s Prime Time Café” in MGM.
I would rate the food a little above average, but the shenanigans that go on are very entertaining.

I had that one on my list but DH wants nothing to do with it. He hates being centred out :rolleyes:

I should book it - a little surprise :lmao: :rotfl:

MDF said:
O'Hana breakfast for dinner?

TSK :mad:

We have to use TS credits for it so to me it counts as one of our dinners :headache:

MDF said:
All GREAT choices. Whispering Canyon is fun. When you check in, ask the hostess to put you with a "FUN" waiter (or waitress). That makes the difference.

Thanks for that tip :thumbsup2

MDF said:
I believe Epcot now allows you to bring your pets in with you so the Oreo and Muttens will have a blast riding Test Track. I think Garden Grill also has some pet items on the menu.

You don't give up do you? and it's "Mitten" not Muttens :headache:

I'm starting a new job today as a dietary server at a retirement home. I haven't worked for almost three years so this should be interesting. :scared:

It's already causing a few minor problems. My taxi driving days are over.

This has been my daily schedule:

7:45 am drive JoJo to school
8:45 am drive Goofy to school
2:15 pm pick JoJo up - drive JoJo to the farm where she rides/works/plays with horses.
3:30 pm pick Goofy up
4:30 pm drive Goofy to swim club
6:00 pm pick both girls up again

The evening could also include driving them into town to visit friends with another pickup to get them back home.

So - you can see where this new job is going to create some problems.

Today, Goofy took her bike and DH will take over taxi duty when he gets home. JoJo had to find a ride from school to the farm and boy was she in a BAD mood this morning trying to get that settled. :headache: On the way to school, she started harassing me about anything and everything. Out of the blue, she said "and you and dad better buy us school bags" :confused: There's only a month left :rolleyes:

Wish me luck :guilty:

I thought the drinking age in Canada was 11... ...which would mean that the driving age should be 10. Buy your kids a car and quit being cheap!! I'm sure they'd look good driving a Corvette. :thumbsup2

I'm starting a new job today as a dietary server at a retirement home. I haven't worked for almost three years so this should be interesting. :scared:

It's already causing a few minor problems. My taxi driving days are over.

This has been my daily schedule:

7:45 am drive JoJo to school
8:45 am drive Goofy to school
2:15 pm pick JoJo up - drive JoJo to the farm where she rides/works/plays with horses.
3:30 pm pick Goofy up
4:30 pm drive Goofy to swim club
6:00 pm pick both girls up again

The evening could also include driving them into town to visit friends with another pickup to get them back home.

So - you can see where this new job is going to create some problems.

Today, Goofy took her bike and DH will take over taxi duty when he gets home. JoJo had to find a ride from school to the farm and boy was she in a BAD mood this morning trying to get that settled. :headache: On the way to school, she started harassing me about anything and everything. Out of the blue, she said "and you and dad better buy us school bags" :confused: There's only a month left :rolleyes:

Wish me luck :guilty:

Sometimes a girl jus' needs a new school bag...:confused3

Oh...ermmm...good luck! :grouphug:

I thought the drinking age in Canada was 11... ...which would mean that the driving age should be 10. Buy your kids a car and quit being cheap!! I'm sure they'd look good driving a Corvette. :thumbsup2

It's 16 wise guy and JoJo has already started whining for a car. She keeps telling everyone she's getting a car for her birthday.

DH and just laugh at her :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao:

Dream on kiddo.

My baby driving :scared1: She almost drove into the river with the skidoo - you think I'm letting her drive a car????

Oh the anxiety of it all :faint:

Goofyluver said:
Sometimes a girl jus' needs a new school bag...

Not with only one month of school left. She can wait until September!

What is the skillet???

It’s an all you can eat meal, they bring the main courses of Meat out to the table in a big skillet.

Breakfast
Canyon Skillet
All-You-Care-To-Enjoy
$10.99 Per Person
Scrambled Eggs, Red Bliss Potatoes with Sauteed Onions, Bacon and Sausage, Buttermilk Biscuits, Sausage Gravy, and Waffles

Dinner
Canyon Skillet
All You Care To Eat
$22.49 per person
Mixed greens with apple vinaigrette dressing, fresh baked corn bread. Move on to smoked pork ribs, pulled pork, oven-roasted chicken, pork sausage, mashed potatoes, beans, creamy cole slaw and corn on the cob.
They do have a menu that you can order off of if you want.

You can kind of see it in this picture

Ryan07pics039.jpg

Since you guys are driving down next time you should both be allowed to take your pets with you. If you had nice parents, they would let you.

I thought the drinking age in Canada was 11... ...which would mean that the driving age should be 10. Buy your kids a car and quit being cheap!! I'm sure they'd look good driving a Corvette

So I am wondering who will replace Buzz on our group “Road Trip” after you kill him? :confused3

It doesn’t seem fair that Linnie would have to go by herself, it’s not her fault he’s the way he is.

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

Congratulations on the job, watch out for those retirees they can be dangerous when they are around younger women

Good luck with the job! I too am looking for work after a few years off...looking is no fun! I hope you love it!

OH and we are going to WWC this next trip too just to try the skillet!!! YUMMY!

It's 16 wise guy and JoJo has already started whining for a car. She keeps telling everyone she's getting a car for her birthday.

DH and just laugh at her :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao:

Dream on kiddo.

My baby driving :scared1: She almost drove into the river with the skidoo - you think I'm letting her drive a car????

Oh the anxiety of it all :faint:

Not with only one month of school left. She can wait until September!

I AM GETTING A CAR. YOU'LL GET ME ONE!~ also i drove that skidoo just fine seeing as how i was only SIX or SEVEN!!! you shouldn't have let me drive alone. (not my fault)

Whee!! I finally made it over here! I've been trying to get here the past few days. However.....

Buzz wanted to buy a barbecue this weekend-believe me when I say-we've had issues with past bbq's so I was not for this at all. But I figured I'd go along with him to the store and keep an eye on him. DD says, "Mom, I have to go to the bathroom" so the kids and I head to the restroom (see I'm back home now so it wasn't me having to go to the bathroom-that's only in WDW). By the time I got back Buzz bought the biggest, most obnoxious, behemoth barbecue they had in the store.

Lucky for him, they assembled it, then delievered it to us b/c I've put enough of those things together in the past and was not looking forward to this! So now he's got me going through books and online looking for recipes to actually use this humungous thing.

Anyone recommend a good barbecue sauce? Our favorite it Cookies, but you have to order it online a case at a time.

I'm so excited you get to go back to WDW!! And congrats onthe job! You'll do great! I'd like to go back to work too-I'm in much need of adult conversation! Buzz is back from the store now and harping at me to get the grub put away and get to work cooking. I'll be back-I can't wait to see this trip unfold!!!

And I LOVED the pictures of the pets!! Toooooo cute! makes me want to get one!

Hey Blue--have you and the girls been to Planet Hollywood? A lot of people say they don't like the food, but we haven't had a problem with it. The girls would love the atmosphere and all the pictures and other memorabilia they have everywhere. And don't forget to use the bathroom there--pretty cool! There's even a bathroom attendant who hands you a towel to dry your hands with! There's usually a wait to get in--put your name on the list, then walk around Downtown Disney a while. When we booked through our TA, we got a voucher for a free dinner for one person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter