Blue Lagoon Excursion ?'s

k1koala

Mouseketeer
Dolphin Encounter ?'s

Group of 8 going on cruise (5a & 3c)

2 adults & 3 children would like to do the dolphin encounter...
here are my questions..

does there need to be one adult per each child?? my daughter was going to go with my friend and her daughter..:confused3
secondly, if i go as the observer will i be within range to take photos of them all? is it too far away to not bother paying to go? :rolleyes1

lastly, can you bring a cooler with food/drinks from the ship with you for the kids to have a snack if they get hungry? or do you need to buy what they have??popcorn::

it looks like you can then spend the day on the beach after. is it worth it, or would you go back to the ship???

thank you all so much for your help! sorry its so many questions in one :eek:
I didnt want to get off the ship at nassau, but daughter would like to do this for her birthday :)

I can't answer all of your questions, but will help where I can.

I did the Dolphin Swim at Dolphin Encounters in 2010.

There was a father/husband of people in our group. He did the observer excursion and took photos and video of his family.

Taking food off of the ship is a tricky deal. There are various restrictions because you are going into another country. Others who know more can post specifics. If I can find it, I will post for you.

I went back to the ship immediately after my excursion so I can't comment on what else there is to do there.

HTH,
Dreams

We did the Blue Lagoon Encounter in February 2011. It was DH and I, our 2 kids. You stand on a platform, there's a tent over it. Both kids should be able to go with one adult, I believe we had a family with 3 kids in our group.

Yes you can see them as an observer. The staff will also take photos which I think are well worth getting!

We brought several of the little boxes of cereal with us and the kids had those as snacks. I don't recall being able to go to the beach as I thought it was a seperate excursion (we were on NCL at the time though). DS had eaten everything and we did buy a snack, but waited till we got back on the ship for lunch.

The ferry ride from Nassau to Blue Lagoon is great! You travel past beautiful houses, Atlantis, huge private ships, etc.

Dolphin Encounter ?'s

Group of 8 going on cruise (5a & 3c)

2 adults & 3 children would like to do the dolphin encounter...
here are my questions..

does there need to be one adult per each child?? my daughter was going to go with my friend and her daughter..:confused3
secondly, if i go as the observer will i be within range to take photos of them all? is it too far away to not bother paying to go? :rolleyes1

lastly, can you bring a cooler with food/drinks from the ship with you for the kids to have a snack if they get hungry? or do you need to buy what they have??popcorn::

it looks like you can then spend the day on the beach after. is it worth it, or would you go back to the ship???

thank you all so much for your help! sorry its so many questions in one :eek:
I didnt want to get off the ship at nassau, but daughter would like to do this for her birthday :)

Yes, you only need one adult and the observer is really close to the encounter. We ate before we left and then just got some ice cream/chips there... and then ate back at the ship. Order your pictures/video as soon as you are done with the encounter as they take a little while. We went over to the beach for about an hour. The catamaran holds a ton, so don't worry about it filling up, just head over that way about 10 min before it arrives. They also had so many cool things to climb on in the water and out(slides, trampoline type, ect..) that is all included. The hammocks were plentiful and the beach uncrowded.

we did this in August. DH and my 3 kids did the encounter and I was the observer. I got some great pictures- as they let me move around freely and some of my pictures were better than theirs! The beach is fun! they have lots of inflatables similar to something from "wipeout" that the kids loved to climb on, while I relaxed in my beach chair. We ordered the crustable PBJ sandwiches from room service the night before, and had snack bags of chips that we got from Flos by the pool....it is a beautiful place!!

Thanks!! It sounds like I can bring some snacks and enjoy watching the kids too :cool1: I would love to be able to watch and take photos :)
I will to bring some snacks with us to hold them over until lunch time.
Again, thanks for everyones help!
If anyone has more to add, please feel free :goodvibes

We just booked this excursion and had the same feelings about getting off the ship in Nassau. If you are on this excursion, do you have to go through the crowd of vendors in Nassau or do you get to go straight to the catamaran? (sorry for hijacking...)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!