Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter or Sea Lion Encounter

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by baleeve, Jun 11, 2013.

1. baleeve

baleeve "I want adventure in the great wide somewhere -- I

Good morning everyone,

I want to surprise my 10 and 8 year old boys with a port adventure in Nassua.

Originally we were going to stay on board but this is our first cruise and first trip to the Bahamas.

I was going to do the Atlantis tour but want to surprise the boys with something they will never forget.

Which encounter would you recommend and why?

Blue Lagoon Dolphin encounter or Sea Lion encounter?

Thanks so much

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

Both are great IMO....but if I had to choose one, I would say Dolphin Encounter. :goodvibes

4. suffieldhockeymom

suffieldhockeymom DIS Veteran

We did the Blue Lagoon Sealion Encounter and loved it. Do the morning one and stay for the beach all afternoon

5. TwinPrincessMermaids

TwinPrincessMermaids DIS Veteran

The sea lion gets you hugs and kisses with a sea lion but you don't really swim with them. Therefore it is good for those who are unsure about swimming with a big animal etc. And it's still super fun and amazing. The dolphin was fully in the water with a life jacket doing superman across the water with two dolphins pushing you! Really something. Two different experiences. With both, you could see by their/our faces, that every guest was having an incredible time of their lives! We chose Sea Lion cuz Nassau is the only place I have seen it offered. You do see dolphins in Cozumel, Grand Cayman and other places. Sea lion was different and unique and super fun. Still, I would go back and do the dolphins too because it was a great encounter compared to others I've seen. Prob can't go wrong either way!

6. Girlie1

Girlie1 DIS Veteran

I think there are two different dolphin choices at Blue Lagoon. I think one is called the dolphin encounter which is like the sea lion encounter where you get up close and get hugs/kisses and then there is also a dolphin swim which was described above with life jackets and the dolphins push you in the water. We are signed up for the dolphin encounter for our trip at the end of the month. The dolphin swim was already booked up by the time I figured out what I was supposed to do. This is our first cruise.

7. clten

clten DIS Veteran

We've done both encounters. (Yes, the dolphin encounter is very different than the dolphin swim.) Between them, for a one time experience, I would choose the sea lions. First it isn't offered in as many locations as the dolphin encounters are. So it might be easier to do the dolphins at a later time if you decide not to go back to Nassau. Then the group is smaller. I also thought the program itself was better (slip in a little education before they meet the sea lions) and I thought there was more interaction with the sea lions (maybe because our group was very small - 8 people if I remember)