Blue Lagoon & Atlantis Dolphin Encounter PA full - book directly?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by baddog576, Apr 14, 2012.

1. baddog576

baddog576 Mouseketeer

We just booked our June 2012 cruise this week and the Atlantis and Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter Port Adventures are already booked up. Is it safe to book directly with the operators? I think I read you can't even do that with BL for some reason. Do you think when we get to the ship we can book something on board or are they really all full?

My big concern not booking through DCL is about not docking in Nassau that day (does that happen a lot? We are going mid June) or getting stuck and DCL ships out without us.

I'd really like to do a Dolphin Encounter with the whole family (DS is 5 and DD is 3) so we need the encounter and not the swim. Is Atlantis worth the extra money or is Blue Lagoon a better value?

Any advice?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. TivoQueen

TivoQueen Mouseketeer

I am in the same situation with you only we want to do the Sea Lion Encounter on Blue Lagoon Island. You can book beach day over at Blue Lagoon to be sure you don't miss out completely. Disney told me as the cruise nears people cancel their port adventures all the time and I should just keep checking for something to open up. I am a person who likes to be in control so I did start to explore other options. Booking directly thru Blue Lagoon was a bust because as soon as I mentioned I was coming in on a Disney boat they quickly told me they could not accept my booking because they are under contract with Disney. I thought about lying and telling them I was at another hotel, but decided to only do that as a last resort. I then found www.nassautours that offered the same tours on Blue Lagoon. I think I did see Dolphin tours on the list. I am trying to get answers out of them as we speak. They "think" the last return time is 4:00 so if your in Nassau till 6:00 like we are that would be good, I just want verification before I book with them since they are non refundable. I usually do not participate in cruise line port adventures for various reasons and have never had a problem getting back to the ship on time.

4. kenzie212

kenzie212 Earning My Ears

What June 2012 cruise are you on? We are on the 30th and cannot book port adventures until Monday. I was plannging to book the Dolphin Encounter. I hope it's not already sold out, my daughter will be so disappointed.

5. wmharley

wmharley DIS Veteran

I did the Atlantis directly. It was cheaper to do. I was never asked if I was cruise or not.

We have a later time, but its still slated to end way before we have to get back on board, and at that time, its a perfect way to end our day at Nassau.

I wanted BL but the fact you have to budget a nice chunk of time for the boat ride, etc, I opted for Atlantis. No one else in our group wanted to take that time out. I liked BL as it was cheaper still. MAybe next time.

6. Evasmommy

Evasmommy Mouseketeer

If you are on the June 22nd Magic cruise out of NYC they are doing some refurb of the Blue Lagoon beach. The beach day isn't available anymore due to this but keep in mind if you do the sea lion etc excursion then you won't have the beach to use after.

7. suffieldhockeymom

suffieldhockeymom DIS Veteran

Will the Blue Lagoon Beach Day be available for the July 28th cruise?

8. baddog576

baddog576 Mouseketeer

I'm on the June 10 cruise. I hope the BL beach is open as that is the one I'm leaning towards. I saw on their website if you have an under 3 they are free if you are with them (DD will be one month shy of 3 so I can't book on DCL). I couldn't find info on this for the Atlantis one. It would be great if we can do this as a family as I know she would enjoy it. I'm hoping I can book this once I get on board the ship.