Blue Bayou Fantasmic Reservations on 22nd (and other 60th Dining Information)

So DRL told me that there's only going to be ONE Paint the Night parade on the 22nd and it will be at dusk (8pm-ish) & go for 25 mins. That kind of wrecks my 9pm Fantasmic showing as I believe you need to line up, even if you have reserved viewing? So I opted to book for 8:40pm dinner and then Fantasmic at 10:45 which isn't ideal as we have a 5YO. I can change this though. I'm just concerned if I go for 9pm Fantasmic and we're still watching Paint the Night, we'll miss out on a good spot for the Fantasmic viewing. Hmmm ...

Okay, just got off the phone and the Cast Member told me that my 2 PM WOC reservation at Carthay Circle would be for the 9:00 PM WOC on the 22nd. I was really hesitant to accept that, but he was adamant that it was a 9 PM World of Color on the 22nd of May, for the 60th.

So, there you go.
Thanks for posting this.... they told me earlier it would be walk up and no reservations for breakfast. Called back and yes they will take them. Thank You.

Last edited:
Surprised they are not doing a midnight parade. Maybe we can hope they add another, we have 7:20 BB res. wont make the parade, hoping to get out of dinner to see the fireworks and then head over to fantasmic for our reserved seats. If the parade is just once, I think we will manage everything but the parade for the evening. Hard to believe it takes so much planning for 24 hours in the park.

made BB Fantasmic Reservations online for 6:30pm on 5/22 - how do you know what show time you get the Fastpass for?

I am pretty sure the 6:30pm sitting would get you into the 9pm show, but might be worth calling to confirm?
I agree about the single showing being ridiculous, and to be honest I'm not convinced that's entirely correct. We might find out more closer to the date but makes it really difficult to plan for the evening!

I was told 6:30 and later was for the second showing of Fantasmic. We have a 6:50 reservation. Hoping to eat as quick as possible to head out and try to see the parade if there's only 1 showing

I was told 6:30 and later was for the second showing of Fantasmic. We have a 6:50 reservation. Hoping to eat as quick as possible to head out and try to see the parade if there's only 1 showing

Ok, sorry. So you eat at 6:30 yet your show isn't til 10:45? When I asked if you decided on seeing the later (10:45) Fantasmic, would it affect what time you had to eat, and she said yes, and could only give me 8:45. Seems a bit of misinformation.

I called 3 different times earlier today and spoke with 3 different CMs confirming that my time would be at the 2nd showing and not the first. All 3 CMs told me that if your dinner was 6:30 or later, it would be for the 2nd showing.

We have a 7:20 res for the later show as well. I think because of the 24 hour, many people eat an early dinner as you get up earlier and in the park earlier. I have been told that many people take quite a long time to get served and eat. So that would make sense, at least for 7:00 and on, because you might miss the show if you don't finish quick enough.

We have a 7:20 res for the later show as well. I think because of the 24 hour, many people eat an early dinner as you get up earlier and in the park earlier. I have been told that many people take quite a long time to get served and eat. So that would make sense, at least for 7:00 and on, because you might miss the show if you don't finish quick enough.

Good to know, thanks! I'll keep that in mind.

I am also a little surprised that they're only going to be running Paint the Night once on the 22nd. While I don't doubt that is what the CM told you, I wouldn't be surprised if that changed at some point between now and May 22nd.

I can't get to the 24 hour dining page. I made reservations at River Belle but would much prefer Blue Bayou.

I can't get to the 24 hour dining page. I made reservations at River Belle but would much prefer Blue Bayou.
Do you get the "server is busy" message with an image of Donald or do you get the page is missing message with an image of Stitch or something else entirely? I've been mostly getting the page with Donald (occasionally the one with Stitch). If that is the case, I would keep trying throughout the day, or if you can, try checking really late at night or early in the morning when the traffic on the website is much lower. I was able to view the page fairly easily this morning around 8:00 am, but just now the "Server is Busy" message came up.

Do you get the "server is busy" message with an image of Donald or do you get the page is missing message with an image of Stitch or something else entirely? I've been mostly getting the page with Donald (occasionally the one with Stitch). If that is the case, I would keep trying throughout the day, or if you can, try checking really late at night or early in the morning when the traffic on the website is much lower. I was able to view the page fairly easily this morning around 8:00 am, but just now the "Server is Busy" message came up.
I got both, but mostly Donald.

I just called, decided it would be easier. I switched my River Belle reservation for a later one at Blue Bayou and made reservations at Plaza Inn for breakfast at 7 (fried chicken and Mickey waffles!), Cafe Orleans (bananas foster french toast? It's like they know me,) for lunch at 11:40, and Wine Country Trattoria for first breakfast (what else would you call a 1am breakfast?). That gets me into the late showing of F! and the 3am viewing of WOC, and at least five times that I will be able to sit down and relax. I may bounce over to DCA in the morning between breakfast and lunch and get back to DL before the afternoon crowds really pick up. I should also be in a good position to see Paint the Night and whatever else comes up. The CM was kind and patient, and giggled a little when I told him that the 24 hour page was broken by the ravening hordes of people.

Last edited:
For those unable to get on the page:
Thanks for posting, I would not have been able to see what I wanted without this!

I'm "all in" on this trip. 3 60th dining packages, going to the merchandise event, etc.... Give me a big ticket item!

Is the area at the top of the stairs to the DL Railroad usually open for viewing parades? It seems like the perfect area to view the fireworks and the screen projections on Main Street.

T-minus 50 days
I'm sort of all-in. Merch event isn't my cup of tea, even if I were going to be in town in time to go.

I am also a little surprised that they're only going to be running Paint the Night once on the 22nd. While I don't doubt that is what the CM told you, I wouldn't be surprised if that changed at some point between now and May 22nd.

Yeah I'm inclined to agree with you. That's why I managed to make a 2nd reservation for the BB Fantasmic Dining package for the earlier showing (the website was up for the 5 minutes I needed to do this!). I'll cancel one of them leading up to the day.

Can anyone tell me, at what point can you request a table near the Pirates' ride? Or is it just luck of the draw?

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me, at what point can you request a table near the Pirates' ride? Or is it just luck of the draw?
You can request a water side table when you check-in at the restaurant. The CMs will usually allow requests to be made and they'll often tell you it'll add 45 or more minutes to you wait. Most folks report that they haven't had to wait that long, but once in while it happens.

You can request a water side table when you check-in at the restaurant. The CMs will usually allow requests to be made and they'll often tell you it'll add 45 or more minutes to you wait. Most folks report that they haven't had to wait that long, but once in while it happens.

Thanks! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter