Blue Bayou Dining

askias

Earning My Ears
Did a search and didn't see a thread more recent than 2007, so thought I would post for more recent information. We're doing the Fantasmic reserved dessert seating, so thought we might do BB for dinner since its in the same area.

One thing that concerns me though is that they don't seem to have a kid's menu. Is that true? And if you've been there with kids, do you just order off the adult menu for them? There is also the Cafe Orleans in the area which has a kids menu, but limited adult items.

Anyone have any feedback on if BB is worth it in general? Thanks!

There's tons of threads that are newer! Weird that they didn't show up!

They do have a kid's menu!

We love love love the atmosphere at Blue Bayou. The food is ok..nothing crazy amazing to write home about but it is so much fun to be there

We just ate there last month and they had the kids menu BBBecki posted.

If it were me, I would probably do a lighter dinner so I could enjoy some of the (extremely pricy) desserts you get with the Fantasmic Dessert pakage. I would do BB on a differnt day.

We were just there this week and they definitely have a kids menu. The Allears link is spot on!:goodvibes The food is fine, nothing spectacular, but the atmosphere cannot be beat!

I agree with a previous poster...you may want to do BB on a different day than your F! Dessert ressies. The desserts are plentiful and include cheese, crackers and grapes. Do a late lunch or a lighter dinner so that you have room to enjoy your yummy desserts!:lovestruc

Like others have said, I would save BB for another day. We usually make a Cafe Orleans reservation before the F! dessert package. We have a salad or gumbo and split a couple of orders of fries. Works well.

I always do BB at lunch, with the first seating, asking for waterfront. Since we go to BB mostly for the atmosphere it is nice to increase your odds for a good table.

Like others have said, I would save BB for another day. We usually make a Cafe Orleans reservation before the F! dessert package. We have a salad or gumbo and split a couple of orders of fries. Works well.

I always do BB at lunch, with the first seating, asking for waterfront. Since we go to BB mostly for the atmosphere it is nice to increase your odds for a good table.

We do darn near the same thing, we do both salad and gumbo and share.

Jack

I love your idea...question about the dessert package. I have seen lots mention it and we are going back this October...can you tell me more? price etc?

We are going October 5-14th...with 3 adults, a DD (4yrs) and a DN (12yrs)...what would you recommend? Especially for a picky DD (4yrs) picky eater?popcorn::

We are trying to keep cost down (of course) because my husband and I are paying to bring along my BIL and our niece. I have always wanted to do this for Fantasmic though and I think it would be the only way to comfortably do this with my DD:cutie: who doesn't mind the crowds but can get overwhelmed. Also, what is the cost run about?

Thanks!:banana:

Thanks everyone! Appreciate all of the replies. For someone asking about cost, I know there is a dedicated FAQ thread about Fantasmic listed somewhere on the board, but I think we paid $60 for adults and $50 for the kid. It's not cheap, but it saves us the hassle of staking out a place on the ground in advance of the show.

I would also suggest the BB on a diffrent day. The dessert package in the reserved Fantasmic seating area is quite large, it is a lot of food. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter