BLT two bedroom suite OR GF two deluxe queens?

meredith1

DIS Veteran
At the time of travel it will be myself, my H, our kids (5.5 yrs and 3.5 yr old twins), and my parents. We will be going Dec. 1 through Dec. 6, 2013.

We currently have two queen deluxe suites at the RPC booked with MK views.

We discovered rentlng points and staying at BLT in a two bedroom suite would cost half the amount-even with the dxdp.

Now my H is pressing for BLT which I've always wanted to stay but, was so looking forward to the club level experience and the ambiance of the GF at Christmastime.

Which would you choose and why? I know, tough place to be in. :rolleyes:

Either way, we will have the MK view.....which is important with the LO's and seeing the fireworks each night.

Hi, We stayed in a 2 bedroom at BLT when they first opened (I ended up buying points I just LOVED it!!) And I was no fan of the CR, just wanted to try this new DVC resort because we were DVC Members. It is much bigger than two hotel rooms and with 3 children I would think this would be the deciding factor :). You will also have a washer and dryer plus a full eat in kitchen. The living area sleeps 3.(a pull out sofa bed and a sleeper chair) You can always go over to the GF for a visit or a dinner reservation (Citricos is a favorite of my family!!) and view all the Christmas decorations. But all resorts are decorated beautifully and each has something special to see :thumbsup2 . Joan

I would pick the two bedroom at BLT. The washer/dryer and kitchen are priceless to me, especially with young children. We stayed at GF RPC in a Deluxe King with a MK view this past May with my DS4 and I just was not that impressed. The rooms are in need of a serious makeover - our room was really shabby. With the MK view, I also found our room was far away from the concierge desk - pretty inconvenient. And it was a walk to the CL lounge. We just stayed CL at the Yacht Club and I was so much more impressed by their set-up and their service.

When we stayed at GF RPC, we had a king room with three people, DH, me and DS4. When we checked in, I assumed the sofa in our room was a pull-out and called housekeeping to make it up. They came only to discover it was not a pull-out and they went to get me a rollaway bed. Waited another 45 minutes to get a bed for my exhausted son. It was just bad service. They knew there were three of us in there, why not make the effort and make sure we have enough beds! I would never stay GF RPC again.

Another reason I would pick the two bedroom - you don't have to worry about a GF connecting room request not being honored. You will all be together in the 2-bedroom.

Save your money! GF RPC is NOT worth it. Go BLT!

If you want to rent points, be sure to jump on it right at 11 months. That time of year is very popular with DVC members.

At the time of travel it will be myself, my H, our kids (5.5 yrs and 3.5 yr old twins), and my parents. We will be going Dec. 1 through Dec. 6, 2013.

We currently have two queen deluxe suites at the RPC booked with MK views.

We discovered rentlng points and staying at BLT in a two bedroom suite would cost half the amount-even with the dxdp.

Now my H is pressing for BLT which I've always wanted to stay but, was so looking forward to the club level experience and the ambiance of the GF at Christmastime.

Which would you choose and why? I know, tough place to be in. :rolleyes:

Either way, we will have the MK view.....which is important with the LO's and seeing the fireworks each night.
How do you know you will have the MK view at BLT? Some of the themepark view villas don't have that great a view.

BLT hands down!! the view can not be beat!! :) I love being able to walk to MK, and then home is the first stop on the monorail!!

also having a full fridge and washer / dryer are a huge bonus!!

Definitely BLT! We stayed in a 2 bedroom last November with 4 adults and 3 children (1 in a pack n play) and it was fantastic. We had plenty of room and you really can't beat having a washer/dryer, full kitchen (even just for breakfasts), and 3 bathrooms! Plus, you can so easily walk to the MK from BLT that you don't even need the monorail....so nice on firework nights when the crowds are waiting for busses and monorails and you can just take an easy 5 minute walk back! If you planning to rent points, you definitely need to find an owner or a broker before the 11 month window. We booked our Nov trip at exactly 11 months with an owner and 2 bedroom standard view was already sold out...had to go with lake view.

How do you know you will have the MK view at BLT? Some of the themepark view villas don't have that great a view.

I am assuming that when I rent the points and put in the request and pay for it that I'll be getting what I pay for-the MK view. I have also done a little bit of research and know which rooms to request. Fingers crossed that it will go well since this is the first time we will be renting points and look forward to doing again in the future. :)

Definitely BLT! We stayed in a 2 bedroom last November with 4 adults and 3 children (1 in a pack n play) and it was fantastic. We had plenty of room and you really can't beat having a washer/dryer, full kitchen (even just for breakfasts), and 3 bathrooms! Plus, you can so easily walk to the MK from BLT that you don't even need the monorail....so nice on firework nights when the crowds are waiting for busses and monorails and you can just take an easy 5 minute walk back! If you planning to rent points, you definitely need to find an owner or a broker before the 11 month window. We booked our Nov trip at exactly 11 months with an owner and 2 bedroom standard view was already sold out...had to go with lake view.

Do you mind me asking what broker that you used? I was just considering Dave's because it seemed like a safe bet.

Do you mind me asking what broker that you used? I was just considering Dave's because it seemed like a safe bet.

We went with a private DVC member from the rent/trade board here...was a little cheaper than David's. He was a very experienced renter with a good contract and references so we felt safe. He was on the phone with MS at 9:00 on the day the 11 month window opened up and worked with us quickly to make sure we were comfortable paying for a lake view, since we had requested standard. We have rented several other times both through David's and private owners and have never had a bad experience.

We do not enjoy condo type experiences for what we consider vacations, JMO. We love GF RPC and especially the queen deluxe rooms. BLT and GF RPC are two totally different experiences so it really depends on what sort of vacation you prefer. I do not want to see a kitchen or washer/dryer during a vacation. It also may come down to what price point you prefer for your vacation and what amenities you would use.

We fully utilize CL, value 24hr room service and valet parking. Our children adore the CM's and many have become people we consider our friends. Also, for your party I would want more privacy. Maybe a two bedroom for your family and a 1 bedroom for parents ?

I would definitely do the 2 BR Villa (not a suite, so much more than that). You will have a full kitchen, if only for breakfasts and cold drinks and snacks. Having the washer and dryer means you can pack less and just throw a load in when it is convenient. Being able to walk to and from the MK with young ones is worth its weight in gold, and you will have 3 bathrooms.
Definitely what I would do.
As others have said, do it right at the 11 month window.
Good Luck

since the bad MK views are going to standard views in 2013 - there will be less of a chance for a bad view.

5th floor and up are now MK views instead of 2nd floor and up.

that say would go for 7th floor or higher - so the monorail is below you.
would definitely go with blt -
In your situation with 2 families going would go with more room. You can get a dedicated (a little more room) or lock out. the lock out is a studio connected to a 1-bedroom - so if your parents need a space of their own would go with lockout.

that say a lockour would have queen bed and double sleeper sofa in the second bedroom with a kitchennett.

a dedicated would have two queen beds in the second bedroom.

with Dec so popular would find someone now or by Dec at the latest to rent from.

standard views go first, then MKV, finally LV.

studios generally go first, then 2-bedroom and finally 1-bedroom (3-bedrooms are too hard to predict for me)

kept in mind a 2-bedroom MK view is a lot of points - so might go with Dave or someone else who will have access to alot of points.

...kept in mind a 2-bedroom MK view is a lot of points - so might go with Dave or someone else who will have access to alot of points.

Even with the point brokers, they still need a single member with enough BLT points to book that stay for a week in early December at 11 months out. I've been reading lately that even the brokers are having a hard time getting some resorts for the renters at 11 months out because they don't have any members with the points they need.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter