BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

Is BLT your home resort or did you buy points ? BLT is our home Resort and I know CM 's have told us home resort members get first priority in room assignments.

I certainly hope this is true. Priority should be given to home resort members and in order of booking. The earlier you book the better the room assignment.

Is BLT your home resort or did you buy points ? BLT is our home Resort and I know CM 's have told us home resort members get first priority in room assignments.

Yes, it is our home resort. And now I'm more irritated.

I certainly hope this is true. Priority should be given to home resort members and in order of booking. The earlier you book the better the room assignment.
I cannot imagine there is any validity to the claim that owners get any sort of request preference. The room assigner won't have any of that information in front of them when assigning rooms. They'll be paying attention to arrival and departure dates, and requests will be lower on their list.

I cannot imagine there is any validity to the claim that owners get any sort of request preference. The room assigner won't have any of that information in front of them when assigning rooms. They'll be paying attention to arrival and departure dates, and requests will be lower on their list.
Bingo. Whomever that has been doling out the info that owners anywhere are given request priority is full of you know what. Probably learned to say that from another CM as it tends to calm down the few owners who raise a fuss and pull their entitlement card out.

The room assigner has a very challenging puzzle to work with as you mentioned. Add in requests and it's a great surprise when any can be met at all. They also have no clue if you're an owner or not. All they know is that you are, or are going through someone who is, DVC.

Bingo. Whomever that has been doling out the info that owners anywhere are given request priority is full of you know what. Probably learned to say that from another CM as it tends to calm down the few owners who raise a fuss and pull their entitlement card out.

The room assigner has a very challenging puzzle to work with as you mentioned. Add in requests and it's a great surprise when any can be met at all. They also have no clue if you're an owner or not. All they know is that you are, or are going through someone who is, DVC.

I agree. If anything the opposite has been more the information given in that they don't pay attention and some resorts will go more with room ready. The room assignments are done several days prior to check in and as twinklebug said they have to fit in a puzzle.

Yes, it is our home resort. And now I'm more irritated.

I'd really try and just let this irritation go. From what I read you actually received one of your requests - north side. While I don't think the room assignors have the time nor take the time to see who owns where or when they booked etc. etc I do think they usually try to grant whatever they can. It doesn't mean that there's going to be any room actually open that fits but if something is they'll probably try. So, you got North. If there's something especially important to me that is above anything else I'll only list one thing so the room assignor has the best idea of what we'd like. What you cannot expect them to do is to understand that the even numbered was the most important thing and if you couldn't have that then north side did not apply. I think you've already realized though that there is a booking category that will more or less guarantee what you most prefer and plan to use that in the future.

Last edited:
We booked at exactly 11 months out and made our room requests a couple months before the trip.
I'm really curious which room you were in. There are only three odd-numbered rooms in the North tower on the 9th floor; a studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom (dedicated). The reviews in this thread are all positive, noting that you can see Illuminations from the balcony. The photos that are available look pretty nice.

I agree. If anything the opposite has been more the information given in that they don't pay attention and some resorts will go more with room ready. The room assignments are done several days prior to check in and as twinklebug said they have to fit in a puzzle.

I'd really try and just let this irritation go. From what I read you actually received one of your requests - north side. While I don't think the room assignors have the time nor take the time to see who owns where or when they booked etc. etc I do think they usually try to grant whatever they can. It doesn't mean that there's going to be any room actually open that fits but if something is they'll probably try. So, you got North. If there's something especially important to me that is above anything else I'll only list one thing so the room assignor has the best idea of what we'd like. What you cannot expect them to do is to understand that the even numbered was the most important thing and if you couldn't have that then north side did not apply. I think you've already realized though that there is a booking category that will more or less guarantee what you most prefer and plan to use that in the future.

I'm really not irritated anymore, I was saying that in regards to the previous poster saying that BLT owners get priority on room choices, which was a myth debunked already.

I'm really curious which room you were in. There are only three odd-numbered rooms in the North tower on the 9th floor; a studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom (dedicated). The reviews in this thread are all positive, noting that you can see Illuminations from the balcony. The photos that are available look pretty nice.

I never said the room wasn't nice. The room was very nice and we had a great stay. As far as seeing Illuminations from the balcony…eh…we could see the ball and maybe some fireworks but it's too far away to be impressive. The view was nice…if you can look past being able to see into everyone's rooms. But the pool noise was obnoxious, especially when they'd fire up the pressure cleaner at 6 am! We were in 7911, a one-bedroom. We loved the room and the space. We were just disappointed in our room assignment.

The only reason I even posted it here is so that others won't be disappointed like I was. I learned my lesson and from now on will just book TPV even if it means staying for a shorter period of time.

If you need an accessible room that needs to be done at booking - it's an option in the online booking tool.

Thanks, Kathy. That has been done. I guess I was wondering if there was any need to request anything further since we will be limited by that particular studio "type."

I know many have and will disagree on my posting about home owners getting preference but we have gotten the room assignments we have requested as BLT owners. I had not only DVC owner services verify this fact but also CM's.

Yes, I know it's a request. That's why I won't rely on it anymore and will request the TPV and pay the extra points just so I won't get stuck in that crappy view again. Just wanted to let people know that it's not as easy as it sounds to get these great views with Lake View points.

That stinks. That's exactly why we got scared and booked the theme park view. I would prefer the lake view on the North side over the theme park view but didn't trust my room to the lottery and whim of whoever was assigning rooms that day. I don't understand why they don't make the north side even lake views their own category since they are clearly the best in the hotel.

I don't understand why they don't make the north side even lake views their own category since they are clearly the best in the hotel.
I don't think I can agree with that. I really wanted a north/even room, but I was very impressed with 7925; a center/odd room. I'd take it again any day of the week. I did get 7212, too, which is north/odd but standard view, and it was a great value. But, for lake view, I don't know that any are "clearly" better or worse than any other.

I don't think I can agree with that. I really wanted a north/even room, but I was very impressed with 7925; a center/odd room. I'd take it again any day of the week. I did get 7212, too, which is north/odd but standard view, and it was a great value. But, for lake view, I don't know that any are "clearly" better or worse than any other.

Everyone has different expectations. For me, as was the case with another poster above and some others I am sure, I really dislike seeing other rooms from my balcony. It may have a great side view from there, but I place a significant premium on being on the outside of the C. I'm sure there are enough people who have that feeling that they could have catered to it as a room category. For others, like you, you don't have the same concern and appreciate the upside of the view from inside the C.

Last edited:
Isn't that view to the sid

Everyone has different expectations. For me, as was the case with another poster above and some others I am sure, I really dislike seeing other rooms from my balcony. It may have a great side view from there, but I place a significant premium on being on the outside of the C. I'm sure there are enough people who have that feeling that they could have catered to it as a room category. For others, like you, you don't have the same concern and appreciate the upside of the view from inside the C.

The problem with room categories is that it makes it harder to book. When you have fewer room categories it means more of a chance of not having rooms available in the same category - unless you book right at 11 months although then the smaller category size means you might not get your category at all if others get in before you do. If you look at the room chart you will count 12-14 2BR's that would fall into the LV northside (and not be lower floor standard view), approx 21 1 BR's and 21 studios. It would make it smaller than standard view. Lakeview would still be the largest category but would be reduced by approx 1/4 and suddenly the blocks that room assignors have to piece the puzzle together are smaller. Resorts that have large view categories or no categories are much easier to book - for example, as small as VWL is it's actually not that bad, in good part IMO because there are no categories. The same for VGC where I initially was unhappy they weren't having room categories but after experiencing the issues that can cause I'm infinitely more happy they recognized the problems it would cause. It would be ridiculous to book if there were categories. VGF would probably be better without categories. As a BLT owner I'd not be happy at all if they broke it out any more than they have it - it think it's just fine as is. There's an existing category that provides MK, firework and lakeviews and it's called Theme park view.

All that being said - I've never really favored the C design at BLT but didn't hate it enough to not buy.

Thanks, Kathy. That has been done. I guess I was wondering if there was any need to request anything further since we will be limited by that particular studio "type."

Ok - I think the only real options are high floor or lower floor and not any other options.

I know many have and will disagree on my posting about home owners getting preference but we have gotten the room assignments we have requested as BLT owners. I had not only DVC owner services verify this fact but also CM's.

To be clear, we aren't doubting you were told it but CM's are known to say things that aren't factual. The best I've had was when I was told Jambo did not have pool tables in the GV's. Anyway - we're stating that those comments should not be taken to heart or you may be quite disappointed. My first booking at BLT I got the opposite of any request I made - and I own there and booked on the very first day they ever began taking reservations for BLT. Then I've booked there with non-BLT points and gotten my requests. It's all timing and piecing the puzzle together.

In the end it still doesn't matter if owner or not - these are requests. A category is a guarantee but request is request and still might not be able to be filled no matter when you book. Those who make an effort can put in requests to get rooms they would prefer but never are they going to be guaranteed. Now I do think they ought to have orders of hierarchy - a small thing they could give to resort owners - and while there may be a few CM's that try it's still not a DVC "perk" that is stated to be given.

BLT-Left.jpg

BLT-Right.jpg

BLT-Straight.jpg
Just got back.

We were in Bay Lake Tower - Standard View - Studio - 7232. Here are pictures from the Balcony.

Last edited:
We just returned from a 10 night stay in 7518, a Theme Park view studio. We had been originally assigned 7418 which was also labeled as a theme park view. I noticed that the map on page one lists 7418 as standard view.

Here our view photos for 7518:

DSC_0647_zps6svrf5ui.jpg

Zoomed view -

DSC_0648_zpsbifz1asa.jpg

View to the right -

DSC_0651_zpsvvggcuug.jpg

Sorry we don't have a view to the right which of the skybridge and CR. We could not really see the Seven Seas Lagoon and only bits and pieces of the Poly and Grand Floridian under the monorail. But it was nice that we did not have to take an elevator to get to CR and the monorail.

Curious...as a new BLT owner, and hoping to book std rooms only (1 or 2 bds), are std rooms noisy?!!

Perhaps booking lake view instead should be on my to do list....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter