• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

My main question was assurance that bell services would hold all cold and frozen items while we wait for our room to be ready and go to a park--even if it's not delivered by a service, but dropped off by us.

We have left a cooler full of food with bell services when we have checked in and our room wasn't ready. Can't guarantee frozen items would last, but they just put our cooler in a big fridge (didn't take items out).

Just got back from a week at BLT.....views from patio of BLT 7142. You were able to see the water parade at night, but I was having issues getting the nighttime pics.....:(

DSCF0210.jpg

View to the left

DSCF0209.jpg

View straight out

DSCF0208.jpg

View to the right

DSCF0207.jpg

...further to the right....

Hope this helps!

Just got back from a week at BLT.....views from patio of BLT 7142.

Thank you! First pictures from that room. I have updated the first post with the link to your post!

Can't wait for my stay in September and just booked a 2 BR LV for January!!

Anyone know if they are still doing the member dvc tours at BLT? I have a friend that is interested in seeing the models. With BLT close to selling out, I was not sure what they are doing for tours??

Can you ask for a specific room or just area of the resort? I would love suggestions for my party - there are 6 of us, me, DH, DS5, DD2, MIL and FIL. Staying BLT from 9/25-10/2 in a 2 bedroom villa Lakeview. We want to be close to conveniences since we have the two young kids and a great view would be nice too. Thanks for your help!

Anyone know if they are still doing the member dvc tours at BLT? I have a friend that is interested in seeing the models. With BLT close to selling out, I was not sure what they are doing for tours??

They are still doing the BLT tours at TOTWL, we just read about a tour taken this past week and it was reported on a thread on the DVC News. You need to schedule ahead of time through your guide.

I read on other posts that the BLT models at SSR are closed and some construction is going on there. It might even be the new GF DVC models, but that just speculation.

Can you ask for a specific room or just area of the resort? I would love suggestions for my party - there are 6 of us, me, DH, DS5, DD2, MIL and FIL. Staying BLT from 9/25-10/2 in a 2 bedroom villa Lakeview. We want to be close to conveniences since we have the two young kids and a great view would be nice too. Thanks for your help!

You can request a specific room, but if it has already been assigned to another member that arrived before your reservation then you could end up anywhere within the resort based on your view. By requesting a location you have a better chance at getting the location you want. The more general the location the better chance of getting your choice.

Ooohhh, I'll need to walk past the Doorway to Dreams by us and see if the model is under construction. With the holidays coming, I'm sure to be over there.

We were in 8021/23, a 2 BR lockoff. If I feel like figuring how to upload pictures I will. I know everyone is anti-odd numbered room. We were in the exact center (8023--the studio, specifically) of the crescent. This meant the larger laundry room in exchange for no overhang/extra chairs with the island. No big deal.

We all spent so much time on the pullout chair just staring out the window at the pool and the lake. My parents sat on their balcony until it was too dark to read and even then stayed out for the EWP.

The other side, despite the MK view, really shows so much of the parking lot. All of that was forgotten on the lake side.

We were in 8021/23--a 2 BR lockoff

We had no complaints. Don't know if expectations are too high or what, but as others have said, the amount of people that flow through these rooms is higher than just about any hotel in any other city.

We had the usual knicks and the carpet is worn. I almost felt like the room hadn't been used in a while. The towels seemed a little smelly. And neither villa had a hair dryer. That was the weirdest thing. But shortly after calling, we had two hair dryers.

Clean.

Friendly CMs at both the CR and BLT. TOTWL was not the Fort Knox we felt like it was going to be. Does feel like a condo building. Not the resort feel of BWV or SSR, but great location.

It exceeded my expectations from everything people had been reporting.

They are still doing the BLT tours at TOTWL, we just read about a tour taken this past week and it was reported on a thread on the DVC News. You need to schedule ahead of time through your guide.

I read on other posts that the BLT models at SSR are closed and some construction is going on there. It might even be the new GF DVC models, but that just speculation.

You can request a specific room, but if it has already been assigned to another member that arrived before your reservation then you could end up anywhere within the resort based on your view. By requesting a location you have a better chance at getting the location you want. The more general the location the better chance of getting your choice.

Thanks for your reply. I have been reading this thread on and off today - on page 30. What I gathered is asking for an even-numbered room on the Northside and as high up as possible - for a 2 bedroom villa LV room to get a view of as much as possible.

Thanks for your reply. I have been reading this thread on and off today - on page 30. What I gathered is asking for an even-numbered room on the Northside and as high up as possible - for a 2 bedroom villa LV room to get a view of as much as possible.

Is your reservation for a dedicated 2 BR or for a lock off? If it is for a dedicated and you asked for an even numbered room on the northside, that means you are trying to get a room that ends in XX02. There is only one per floor. I think either of the even numbered dedicated 2 BR rooms (XX02 or XX44) are awesome!

We have a lake view studio booked. What requests should I add, to possibly have a view of the castle? or is that even possible? Thanks in advance.

We're currently in room 8436 - a 1 bedroom Lake View. To quote my kids, "This room is sick, mom!!!" and "This room sucks 0%!" We watched Illuminations from the living room window last night.
I've gotten to know the room well (esp the washer/dryer) since my youngest has a fever and has vomited on me twice. :eek:
Anyway I'm very pleased with our resort choice and this nice room! No complaints about wear and tear. And we're not DVC members so this cost a pretty penny (although I got a good room-only discount).

Amanda

PS I took pics which I will post when we're home as I don't know how to do that from my iPad.

We're currently in room 8436 - a 1 bedroom Lake View. To quote my kids, "This room is sick, mom!!!" and "This room sucks 0%!" We watched Illuminations from the living room window last night.
I've gotten to know the room well (esp the washer/dryer) since my youngest has a fever and has vomited on me twice. :eek:
Anyway I'm very pleased with our resort choice and this nice room! No complaints about wear and tear. And we're not DVC members so this cost a pretty penny (although I got a good room-only discount).

Amanda

PS I took pics which I will post when we're home as I don't know how to do that from my iPad.

Thanks for the live update from BLT!:thumbsup2

We have a 1BR LakeView booked for the end of October and I can't wait!
How do you like the location and view from your room?

We have a lake view studio booked. What requests should I add, to possibly have a view of the castle? or is that even possible? Thanks in advance.

We just got back from our second stay at BLT in the same room. Lake view and we could see the castle. Here is the request we made:
North side high even numbers. (we also requested 5th floor) so we ended up in room 7508 both times!! LOVED it we watched wishes nightly in our room. It was so amazing!!

We just got back from our second stay at BLT in the same room. Lake view and we could see the castle. Here is the request we made:
North side high even numbers. (we also requested 5th floor) so we ended up in room 7508 both times!! LOVED it we watched wishes nightly in our room. It was so amazing!!

Thank you! That is exactly the reque st I will make.

Thank you! That is exactly the reque st I will make.

You are very welcome. We had two studios this past trip and the other was right across the hall (7509) and it faced the pool so evens is very important to say. It was very nice to have both views I do not think you can go wrong anywhere in BLT but 7508 Was such an amazing room. We also liked we were on the same floor as the bridge since I am not a fan of elevators. I Hope they grant your request and you have the same amazing views we had on a "lake view"

pixiedust:
:goodvibes

Is your reservation for a dedicated 2 BR or for a lock off? If it is for a dedicated and you asked for an even numbered room on the northside, that means you are trying to get a room that ends in XX02. There is only one per floor. I think either of the even numbered dedicated 2 BR rooms (XX02 or XX44) are awesome!

I am not sure - it just says BL TOWER-CONTEMPORARY-2BR-LAKE. How do I know if it is dedicated or not? Also, what is the difference between the dedicated and lockoff?

TIA! This thread has been very helpful!

You are very welcome. We had two studios this past trip and the other was right across the hall (7509) and it faced the pool so evens is very important to say. It was very nice to have both views I do not think you can go wrong anywhere in BLT but 7508 Was such an amazing room. We also liked we were on the same floor as the bridge since I am not a fan of elevators. I Hope they grant your request and you have the same amazing views we had on a "lake view"

pixiedust:
:goodvibes

I would love to have 7508. We also like the idea of being on the 5th floor for the convenience of going over to the CR. We had a 9th floor last time, and it was fine, but not having to use the elevator all the time would be awesome. Thanks so much for giving me that info. I'm so excited.

We just returned from staying in #8035. It's a 1bedroom on the 10th floor, first inner room from the elevator, on the south side. Immediately down is the courtyard with the pool and lake to the right. The dryer didn't seem to work well, taking 2-3 cycles to get a single load dry, but other than that we were very happy with the room.

I am not sure - it just says BL TOWER-CONTEMPORARY-2BR-LAKE. How do I know if it is dedicated or not? Also, what is the difference between the dedicated and lockoff?

TIA! This thread has been very helpful!

I called member services and they told me that if it just says 2 BR then it is dedicated. If it is a "lock off", it will say lock off. I know because I made a reservation for a 2BR dedicated and when the email came with the reservation, it did not say "dedicated". We need 2 beds in the second BR, so it is important to me to get the dedicated rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter