BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 1/22/2015

Discussion in 'DVC Resorts' started by work2play, Aug 13, 2009.

1. wdrl

wdrl DIS Veteran

All those great shots of the Grand Villa and I'm excited to see The Avengers monorail. Thanks for posting!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. 4DisneyAddicts

4DisneyAddicts Mouseketeer

Thanks to YOU for managing all of this. I enjoyed checking out the posts when dreaming about our trip and wanted to contribute. We LOVED our first visit to our new "home"!

4. OurDogCisco

OurDogCisco DIS Veteran

Okay.. I'm ready to stay there. What nice photos. I love the laundry room. I'm so weird because I'm always happy to do laundry on vacation but at home it piles up for days. LOL...

5. downontheBW

downontheBW <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

We stayed in room 8232 (studio) and I don't see any pics from that room on this thread yet :cool1:

I asked for a view of the Contemporary, higher floor and got exactly that.

Day View - looking left
    [​IMG]

Day View - straight ahead
    [​IMG]

Day View - looking right
    [​IMG]

Night View - looking left
    [​IMG]

Night View - straight ahead
    [​IMG]

Night View - looking right
    [​IMG]

It was a great room!

6. PoohsFan1

PoohsFan1 DIS Veteran

Great pictures downontheBW, thanks for posting. I am wondering what category room this was? I know you said it was a Studio but was wondering what kind of studio. We are booked in a LV studio in September and this view would be awesome (I too requested highest floor possible). I could sit out on my balcony all day and watch the monorail go by if my kids would let me :goodvibes.

7. work2play

work2play DIS Veteran

It is a lake view studio. If you go to post #1, you can tell which rooms are which view categories.

Awesome view!

8. Anal Annie

Anal Annie <font color=magenta>....at least I KNOW I'm a kook

Just saw this thread & it reminded me I need to give you a few of my pics from studio # 7808!! It was a great location and these views were pretty good bcuz we didn't have to do a lot of leaning in either direction to see the MK or anything. It was really good, would've been better if we'd been on a higher floor (less distraction from the parking lot / tennis courts) but still happy with it as a LV!! :thumbsup2

MK looking toward the left:

[​IMG]

Sunrise looking to the right:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fireworks from the balcony:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. work2play

work2play DIS Veteran

Thanks! I updated the first post with the link to your photos! I can't wait to go back! We will be there for a week in September!

10. PoohsFan1

PoohsFan1 DIS Veteran

Thank you...I am going to go back to post #1 now and take a look :goodvibes

11. downontheBW

downontheBW <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

As work2play said, this is a LV room. Actually I spent a lot of time reading on that balcony - just my DH and me so we did some serious relaxing.

And, most important, I forgot to thank :worship: work2play for a great thread and all your hard work. It is wonderful to be able to visit a resort and know all about the rooms and views beforehand!!
    :thanks:

12. work2play

work2play DIS Veteran

Thanks to everyone that has been posting! I could not do it without you... As much as I would like to stay in every room, your photos have made this a great thread! :banana::banana:

13. palhockeymomof2

palhockeymomof2 DIS Veteran

We were just in room 8106 a lake view studio with an excellent view of the magic kingdom..if I could figure out how to post a photo from my ipad I would

14. TravelGrl

TravelGrl Mouseketeer

Question about the dishwasher. We only stayed in the studio so far so didn't have a dishwasher. Next time we go, we will be in a 2 bedroom lock off, and we are planning to have some breakfasts in the room. Do they supply the rooms with detergent for the dishwasher, or do we need to bring it? I know they supply detergent for washing individual dishes, but I will be on vacation...

15. work2play

work2play DIS Veteran

Yes, they give you packets of dishwasher detergent.

16. toniosmom

toniosmom AKV, BCV, BLT Owner!

I put every single thing that could possibly go in that dishwasher (including the coffee pot) and ran it every single night. No dish washing for me! You can ask them for additional dishwasher detergent, too.

17. Deesknee

Deesknee <font color=blue>When we were kids (long time ago)

as others have said yes, they give you dishwasher detergent, and ...laundry detergent! My favorite part of staying in a larger dvc villa. washer & dryer. No bringing dirty clothes home, no dragging the stuff to the laundry facility. Enjoy your trip!

18. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

Do any one bedrooms NOT have a connecting door? We've never stayed at BLT, but we always request a room without a connecting door and I don't know if this is possible in a one bedroom.

19. dizfan

dizfan DIS Veteran

At BLT there are no dedicated 1BR so all 1BR units have a connecting door (connects to a studio).

20. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

Thank you, dizfan!

Do you (or anyone else) know if noise passes easily through the connecting door at BLT?

21. LJD2143

LJD2143 DIS Veteran & DVC Member

The connecting door is in the hallway with the closet, not in the "living space", so I never noticed any noise whatsoever. :thumbsup2