1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 1/22/2015

Discussion in 'DVC Resorts' started by work2play, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Cruella 66

Cruella 66 DIS Veteran

Sorry, I'm ignorant but where do I find the updated maps? Thanks, Cindy

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. poohj80

poohj80 Got Hunny?

The first page of this thread.

4. DenLo

DenLo DIS Veteran

Thank you for updating the charts and maps. We really appreciate all of your hard work on this thread. And the information has been invaluable for many of us. :thanks:

5. briarwolf

briarwolf ARGH!

Just a couple more weeks until our FIRST welcome home! I just wanted to say thanks for this thread and all the work you have put into it. We may not get what we want when we get there, but at least we know what to ask for! Thanks to everyone who has shared their input and their photos. You all ROCK!

6. DVCGeek

DVCGeek DIS Veteran

I noticed "7228 standard view (studio) post # 727 " is in the page 1 list but not highlighted on the 'views actually reported' map..

Regardless, thanks for the time you have spent creating and maintaining this!!! :thumbsup2

7. KyCruisinSusan

KyCruisinSusan Proud DVC/AKV Owner

What is easier to get booked at the 7 month mark for BLT for this Dec? 4 day 1Br or Studio? LV or MK view? We would like a monorail resort.:lovestruc

8. Sandisw

Sandisw Moderator Moderator

LV will be easier than MK view, that is for sure. As far as the other, I really don't know. I know that many have said that BLT is pretty full right now for the first two weeks of December and that even owners are having to wait list both studios and 1 bedrooms. Check out the resort availability board as it can show you dates that were NOT available when people called, for both types of room.

9. work2play

work2play DIS Veteran

Good catch, I have updated the maps!

10. kent285

kent285 DIS Veteran

11. HomerHog

HomerHog Mouseketeer

We stayed at BLT last month (3/24-28). We had booked a 1 BR Lake View and requested "highest floor, even numbered room, north side". When we checked-in we were completely on the opposite side of the resort. We were in 8134 -- 11th floor facing the Contemporary. Not quite what we asked for, but we really liked it.

Looking straight off the balcony, we could see the Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Spaceship Earth, Tower of Terror, Sorcer's hat, top of Tree of Life, Everest, Swan & Dolphin. To the left was about 1/2 of Bay Lake. To the right was the Grand Floridian, Seven Seas Lagoon, monorail line, and the MK docks and monorail station. We watched Illuminations from the balcony one night with our own music on my iPhone.

Here are a couple of pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. kent285

kent285 DIS Veteran

Hey neighbor...we were in 8136 from March 21 - 27. What are the chances of that??

13. work2play

work2play DIS Veteran

Nice view! I am not sure that the people that assign the rooms know what "north facing" is.... I would be happy to get any even numbered room seeing your photos! Thanks for sharing them!

14. liznboys

liznboys <font color="red">I wish upon stars!<br><font colo

15. wdrl

wdrl DIS Veteran

It would not surprise me if a majority of BLT Lake View room requests are for "high floor, even number, north facing." There are only so many villas that satisfy all three conditions, so it doesn't surprise me that there is a lot of competition for those villas.

16. HomerHog

HomerHog Mouseketeer

Wow, that's amazing. We really enjoyed the view and being close to the elevator.

17. work2play

work2play DIS Veteran

18. dozerdog

dozerdog Aye but were luved by our mommies and dads

Didn't see this room on this thread yet. It is a 2 BD MK view, that looks out directly over the sidewalk coming into BLT. Good view of MK, GF and PR, but mostly of the parking lot below.

19. work2play

work2play DIS Veteran

Interesting, we were noting that there had not been any XX22 rooms reported on the thread, which seemed odd. I will add it to the next map update. I am sure that many would consider that room to have one of the best views MK views.

20. work2play

work2play DIS Veteran

I fixed a few of the post numbers for view photos. Let me know if you see anything else I missed!

21. KSDisneyDad

KSDisneyDad DIS Veteran

Amazing thread! Thanks for all of your hard work.

Question to all: We're going to book a 2 BR for next May. Without borrowing points, we can book 7 nights in a LV or 8 nights in a SV. Which would you choose? I'm leaning toward the SV to get an extra night and requesting an even # room. I don't care if it's a dedicated or lock-off.