BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 1/22/2015

Discussion in 'DVC Resorts' started by work2play, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Sheri in CT

Sheri in CT Mouseketeer

Please help me with my room request. I have been reading the thread, but I'm so confused. We are staying in Feb and this is our first visit to BLT (we normally stay at OKW). We have a dedicated 2BR lake view. DH is really excited about the lake. What would you request? We will have 4 kids with us (6, 6, 6 & 4) if that matters.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. work2play

work2play DIS Veteran

We love the dedicated two bedroom units at BLT. If I were you, I would request an even numbered room. There are two rooms per floor that meet that criteria, XX02 and XX44. The XX44 room will face the lake toward the south side giving you a view of the Contemporary, the monorail and the Wilderness Lodge across the lake. The XX02 room faces more north and will give you a view of the MK from the balcony if you look to the left, it is a good room for watching the fireworks at the MK. Both have great lake views.

4. RachaelA

RachaelA DIS Veteran

Another dedicated 2 bedroom room request question. We have a standard view dedicated 2 bedroom booked. Is requesting an even numbered room ending in between 16-30 going to make me sound like a crazy person? ;) Is that considered 1 request or 2?

I usually try to keep our requests simple (ex: just high floor or no requests at all), but we've never booked standard view before so its hard fully leaving it to luck (even though I of course know a request is just a request and not a guarantee).

5. madelyn

madelyn DIS Veteran

We had a standard view dedicated 2 bedroom in June of 2012. Not sure if any units have been reclassified since then, but at the time, there were only a handful of dedicated 2 bedroom standard view units. I believe they were all on the ground floor.

6. RachaelA

RachaelA DIS Veteran

Here is more of my craziness. ;) From looking at the chart on the first page, there are 16. 4th floor and below except for 1 lone 5th floor room. 11 even numbered. 5 odd numbered. 9 of the even numbered have a "view" (if you can even call it that) of MK. We have 2 young kids so any partial somewhat fireworks view from our room even if we have to look up and crane our heads, is nice since we hang out in the room in the evenings.

ETA: My numbers may be off by a room or two because I was trying to count and write them down while holding a sleeping baby.

7. cel_disney

cel_disney DIS Veteran

I think you can just say even numbered north side (vs south)...that being said - we have enjoyed stays on the south side facing the contemporary marina/wilderness lodge and LOVED them - great view of the electric water pageant! Even with little kids (4, infant) we have just headed to TOTWL for fireworks once and the would head downstairs to our room, put them to bed, and enjoy the floats from our balcony (we usually manage to see this more than once in a week trip and its fun every time!)!! So - we now just ask for an even numbered room....we really prefer outside to inside of the crescent views....

8. RachaelA

RachaelA DIS Veteran

Thank you! This is really helpful! :)

9. GoofyforDisnee

GoofyforDisnee Earning My Ears

We had a dedicated standard view 2 bedroom in Oct. When we checked in (learning from this wonderful site!), I asked for an even numbered room. We were in 7330 (4th floor) It was great! We faced Contemporary and MK. The stairwell was across the hall and we were right by the elevator. We were the first room as you headed down the hall. If you turned your head slightly to the right you saw MK. With 2 small kids in tow, being so close to the elevator was a blessing in disguise! Now I will say you also had the bridge one floor above and you can see them and they can see you, especially at night if the curtains aren't closed. (I really wished they had sheers on the windows.)
    All in all I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED our room! It was perfect in every way, I didn't mind the bridge one floor up, that just meant it was more convenient to go to the Contemporary. I would DEFINITELY request this room again.
    Hope this helps and enjoy your trip.

10. work2play

work2play DIS Veteran

Ask for an even numbered room not on the ground floor. There are only 2 even numbered rooms that are outside your XX16-XX30 range, one on the first floor and one on the second floor, the other 9 meet your criteria. There is no guarantee that they will give you an even numbered room, but if you do get one, the odds are in your favor that it will be in the range you want. You can also still see the fireworks at the MK from the 7202 balcony so the only even numbered room you would want to avoid is the 7144 room.

11. cel_disney

cel_disney DIS Veteran

I think this is the best strategy...

And if you get 7144 you will have the water pageant view so all will not be lost!

12. Lisa29

Lisa29 Mouseketeer

I have some photos of a non-theme park view of a Grand Villa. I will get DH to dig them out for me and post along with the room number.

13. Sheri in CT

Sheri in CT Mouseketeer

Thank you!!!

14. Sheri in CT

Sheri in CT Mouseketeer

I am thinking about upgrading to a theme park view (2 BR dedicated). Can you see the fireworks from all of the theme park rooms?

15. GrnMtnMan

GrnMtnMan DIS Veteran

The xx30 units don't have a great view of the fireworks. You can absolutely see them, but they are most definitely off to the right.

16. AlohaAnnie

AlohaAnnie DIS Veteran

June 2013
    Room 8404 1 Bedroom Lake View

View of Magic Kingdom to the left and Lake to the right

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Used a telephoto lens for Firework pictures and Castle Pictures. We were also able to get the music for Wishes on the TV resort station.

17. work2play

work2play DIS Veteran

Great photos, I added a link to the first post!

I wanna go back! I will be there the end of the month! (1 BR lake view!)

Happy New Year to all!

party:

18. AlohaAnnie

AlohaAnnie DIS Veteran

Excellent! Glad I can help out! :)

19. Lisa29

Lisa29 Mouseketeer

These photos are from November 2010

Room 8536, 15th and 16th floors

3-bedroom Grand Villa, Lake View

From the outside (the big window)

[​IMG]

Lounge

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kitchen/Dining Area

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Laundry Room

[​IMG]

Downstairs (fourth) Bathroom

[​IMG]
    Master Bedroom

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Master Bathroom

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stairs/Upstairs

[​IMG]

This is the entrance door on the 15th floor. There was a second door directly above with access to the 16th floor.

[​IMG]

View from upstairs lounge looking down

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Continued next post

20. Lisa29

Lisa29 Mouseketeer

Continued from previous post

These photos are from November 2010

Room 8536, 15th and 16th floors

3-bedroom Grand Villa, Lake View

Upstairs Living area

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Second Bedroom

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Second Bathroom

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Third Bedroom

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Third Bathroom

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Balcony

[​IMG]

Nighttime view out of large window

[​IMG]

Balcony view

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We could also see Epcot in the distance but I do not have great pictures of this.

There are four balconies, one from each bedroom and the final one from the kitchen.

21. work2play

work2play DIS Veteran

Great photos! Thanks! I updated the first post with the link to your 2 posts. I love the view from that side of BLT.