BLT or VGF

specalkay

Earning My Ears
I just booked a 1 BR Standard View at VGF for January 1st-4th for the first half of a split stay (going to stay 4-6 at BWV). But I also have a 1BR Theme Park View booked at BLT.

We absolutely LOVE BLT and have stayed there a few times (also have an upcoming trip there in November). We have never stayed at VGF. Not considering points (they are about the same) what would be the better option? We are leaning toward VGF b/c we have never stayed there, and also really enjoy the Christmas decorations there (anyone know how long they stay up after Christmas??)

Thanks for your opinions!

What did you love about BLT? I'm not a BLT fan. We stay there purely for the walk to MK, and only book for MK long weekends. My mom likes it for the extra bathroom, too.

We love VGF. The room is beautiful. I feel the kitchen eat-in area is bigger, but that could just be my perception. We also love the pool, but it might not be warm enough. It has more of a resort feel than compared to BLT.

If you already have a BLT trip, I'd try VGF. Just note that you do not have a sleeper chair at VGF, but there is a small pull down bed.

I'd suggest giving VGF a try and then you'll know what is most appealing to you. I've stayed at both and would personally select BLT but that's just a personal preference because I do also enjoy VGF.

Try VGF since you haven't stayed there. We prefer BLT because it is different decor and theming then we have at home.

I just booked a 1 BR Standard View at VGF for January 1st-4th for the first half of a split stay (going to stay 4-6 at BWV). But I also have a 1BR Theme Park View booked at BLT.

We absolutely LOVE BLT and have stayed there a few times (also have an upcoming trip there in November). We have never stayed at VGF. Not considering points (they are about the same) what would be the better option? We are leaning toward VGF b/c we have never stayed there, and also really enjoy the Christmas decorations there (anyone know how long they stay up after Christmas??)

Thanks for your opinions!

If you don't mind giving up a great view of the holiday fireworks at BLT, or giving up two full baths, go for the VGF standard view. I think you can see the fireworks from the little beach there. The rooms are so beautiful...completely different from BLT (although I do love BLT...just don't want to spend points at GFV for less bathrooms and standard view). Since you've already stayed at BLT, give it a try. The whole atmosphere is so different there.

We stayed once from 12/30 until 1/8 one year (at Beach Club). The decorations were up through New Years and started coming down maybe three days later. We walked thru the lobby at GFV one night on our way to Narcoosees, then went right to MK. There were some people in the lobby and we could see they were getting ready to dismantle things. By the time we came back through (11 p.m.) it was almost like Christmas never happened. It was amazing to see all of the racks and bags and how they labelled things and how quickly it got done. I don't know if all of the resorts do it the same night or if they stagger it (that is a lot of people!!).

Enjoy your trip. Both resorts are wonderful. BWV is my other favorite. I hope the village is still up for you when you check in.

We have only stayed at BLT once but loved sitting out on the balcony at night and listening to the boats coming in. However we did stay at GF once, not in the villas and enjoyed the atmosphere. I would compare it to beach club with the hotel being just a bit nicer but the BC pool wins hands down. We are going back in the fall for a quick weekend and will probably go back to BLT.

Can't go wrong either way. One of the +'s for BLt is being able to walk to MK.

Can't go wrong either way. One of the +'s for BLt is being able to walk to MK.
Yes it is great when choices are hard b/c both are great!

We are going to with Grand Floridian 1BR for three nights then Board Walk Villas 1BR for 2 nights! Able to book at at 7 months! Now we just have to wait 7 months!!!!

If you don't mind giving up a great view of the holiday fireworks at BLT, or giving up two full baths, go for the VGF standard view. I think you can see the fireworks from the little beach there. The rooms are so beautiful...completely different from BLT (although I do love BLT...just don't want to spend points at GFV for less bathrooms and standard view). Since you've already stayed at BLT, give it a try. The whole atmosphere is so different there.

We stayed once from 12/30 until 1/8 one year (at Beach Club). The decorations were up through New Years and started coming down maybe three days later. We walked thru the lobby at GFV one night on our way to Narcoosees, then went right to MK. There were some people in the lobby and we could see they were getting ready to dismantle things. By the time we came back through (11 p.m.) it was almost like Christmas never happened. It was amazing to see all of the racks and bags and how they labelled things and how quickly it got done. I don't know if all of the resorts do it the same night or if they stagger it (that is a lot of people!!).

Enjoy your trip. Both resorts are wonderful. BWV is my other favorite. I hope the village is still up for you when you check in.

Yes I have another BWV reservation coming up in November. Never stayed there before.

I have heard that the rooms are under renovation? Hopefully they will be done by the time we get there!

Yes I have another BWV reservation coming up in November. Never stayed there before.

I have heard that the rooms are under renovation? Hopefully they will be done by the time we get there!

I think BWV rooms were slated to be completed by the end of the year. We just stayed in a BW view room a few weeks ago. It was not renovated yet (and my room requests were met...and I specified that I did not care if we got a renovated room or not) but it was very clean and not shabby at all.

Also, depending on when in November you will be at BWV...you may see Christmas decorations. One year we were there for Thanksgiving week. We went to bed on Thanksgiving and woke up the next morning to a fabulous display of trains and a chocolate/gingerbread village in the lobby, poinsettias planted outside...we were just so surprised. Never expected that. Really....never in my life have I seen poinsettias planted outside (we live in the northeast).

Things to know about the BWV...you can walk to Epcot faster if the boat is not there...and sometimes even if it IS there, and you can get to the turnstile before the boat unloads....as it can get really jammed up if they only have two turnstiles opened. We always walk to Hollywood Studios. The boat is too slow, makes too many stops (Yacht and Beach, Swan and Dolphin, then HS). If you get a room over by the quiet pool, the walk to HS is very short.

Community Hall located by the quiet pool...free games like ping pong, air hockey, bean bag toss. Some other stuff inside. Great arts and crafts stuff. An informal "exchange" library....take one, put one (take a book but please put one in its place...but they are okay with it if you don't have one). Board games you can bring to your room. And the marshmallow roast!

Having coffee early in the morning while sitting on a bench on the BoardWalk and watching the "world" wake up and do their thing. Very nice. If you have a boardwalk view, you can see MK fireworks over the Beach Club...or you can stand on the veranda outside the lobby and see them too.

Enjoy your stay.

Both are great choices. BLT is great for doing MK but VgF is great for dining and chilling it kinda depends on what you want to do?

I love both resorts. I like the walk to MK and the extra bathroom at BLT, but I prefer the decor and resort feel of VGF. Both have great access to wonderful restaurants on property and via the monorail. You will enjoy your trip at either resort!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter