BLT or SSR Help!

rcmsfeb04

Mouseketeer
My family and I are going to purchase 160 (maybe more) points at the end of this month but can't decide between SSR & BLT.

What should we do? We know we love SSR, but my assumption is that it would probably be easier to trade into SSR 7 months out than trading into BLT 7 months out.

Help! Are there any reasons to buy one over the other? I am aware that BLT has lower yearly fees.

Thanks in advance!!

My family and I are going to purchase 160 (maybe more) points at the end of this month but can't decide between SSR & BLT.

What should we do? We know we love SSR, but my assumption is that it would probably be easier to trade into SSR 7 months out than trading into BLT 7 months out.

Help! Are there any reasons to buy one over the other? I am aware that BLT has lower yearly fees.

Thanks in advance!!

I agree with you that it will be easier to trade into SSR than BLT. I am a huge MK fan and have waited to buy in until BLT came along. You can walk to MK or take the monorail. YOu can also connect at the TTC to the monoral for Epcot so you are not tied only to the buses.

But, you should buy where you want to stay. If you have to get stuck at one or the other resort, would you be happy with either? When do you plan to go? If you stay at BLT, would you want MK view? Would you be going around the holidays?

If you would be happy being at either resort, then I say go for BLT since I think the 11 month advantage will be important at certain times of the year.

Also, if you need a member referral for any of the new incentives (if going directly through Disney), just PM me. I will give you my info!

Hey - we are going thru the exact same decision process, i.e. BLT or SSR - talk to your DVC rep - I spoke with mine this week for about 45 mins. - he was very helpful - but I must admit we are still hashing it out. I was thinking the exact same thing:

1. BLT maint fees are cheaper
2. BLT might be tougher to get into vs. SSR (my rep agrees w/me on this)

We are stuck b/c hubby wants BLT; I agree that it would be great to walk to MK and have monorail access to Epcot but... SSR is more my style. I think SSR will be quieter and that is important to me. I also feel nervous about buying BLT "sight unseen". Ahhh... decisions, decisions. :confused3 Are you aware of the promos?

Keep in touch, lemme know what you decide!
Oh, and we are thinking b/w 160-200 points. Guess we could always add more on later.

Hey - we are going thru the exact same decision process, i.e. BLT or SSR - talk to your DVC rep - I spoke with mine this week for about 45 mins. - he was very helpful - but I must admit we are still hashing it out. I was thinking the exact same thing:

1. BLT maint fees are cheaper
2. BLT might be tougher to get into vs. SSR (my rep agrees w/me on this)

We are stuck b/c hubby wants BLT; I agree that it would be great to walk to MK and have monorail access to Epcot but... SSR is more my style. I think SSR will be quieter and that is important to me. I also feel nervous about buying BLT "sight unseen". Ahhh... decisions, decisions. :confused3 Are you aware of the promos?

Keep in touch, lemme know what you decide!
Oh, and we are thinking b/w 160-200 points. Guess we could always add more on later.

If you are considering possibly going all the way to 200, you may want to consider finding out if you could do a 160 contract at SSR and then add-on 40 pts at BLT (or vice versa). I don't know how that woudld work with incentives but something you might want to mention to your guide!

SSR owner and just added BLT- can't beat the BLT view and location. And I think the 11 month window is very important for BLT. I might just swap my SSR entirely for BLT when i come back from my May vacation. I'm sure I will love BLT :thumbsup2

Thanks in advance!!

We really never have much problem staying at SSR at the 7 month or even less window. BLT has lower maintenance fees and will be much harder to get so I would buy those points. We own at AKV and BLT which are both hard to get the rooms you want. SSR is very easy since it has so many units and isn't really a "View" based room.

If you are buying direct from Disney then it's BLT hands down. The SSR points are not holding up that well on the resale market, but I expect BLT prices to be more like BWV or even BCV.

As another mentioned, SSR is very easy to book at the 7-month window. The expectation is that BLT will be hard to get.

SSR owner and just added BLT- can't beat the BLT view and location. And I think the 11 month window is very important for BLT. I might just swap my SSR entirely for BLT when i come back from my May vacation. I'm sure I will love BLT :thumbsup2

Okay, what do you mean "swap". Is there a way to do that through Disney? Or do you mean sell off your SSR and then rebuy BLT?

Thanks to every one!!! You all are wonderful and have helped me decide on BLT. My husband also thanks you as he won't have to listen to me obsess about this any longer!

THANK YOU!!!

Good decision. We just made a similar one. Add on at SSR (already own there) or BLT. I like the additional years at BLT, and the lowr MF's. Plus, I think it's going to be worh more on resale in the future because of the smaller resort and location.

Okay, what do you mean "swap". Is there a way to do that through Disney? Or do you mean sell off your SSR and then rebuy BLT?

yes, i meant sell my ssr and buy all points at BLT. I just think BLT will fit my vacation purpose more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter