BLT Grand Villa

Discussion in 'DVC Resorts' started by momof3poohlovers, Feb 25, 2013.

1. momof3poohlovers

momof3poohlovers DIS Veteran

We have a lake view Grand Villa at BLT reserved. Has anyone ever stayed in one? Any recommendations on location? Are they as nice as they look in pictures?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. LadyKay

LadyKay Mouseketeer

We haven't been yet, but will be in one in 5 short days :) I will be sure to let you know as well as post pics.

4. montrealdisneylovers

montrealdisneylovers Mouseketeer

I am really jealous!!! Hope you have a great trip and I look forward to hearing about it :cool1:

5. wdwnut

wdwnut DIS Veteran

We've stayed in lake view GVs twice so far. Our only request has been north tower. We've stayed all the way down the end of the hall - I believe the room number ends in 02 and also the one right next to TOW lounge. They are awesome. We're taking our twin 2 year old nieces this May and were able to get a GV again. www.baylaketower.net has some great gv pictures

We also like the one story gv at BWV.

6. LadyKay

LadyKay Mouseketeer

We are also booked 4 nights at a grand villa @BWV following our 3 nights at BLT. Hoping for a one story as well :goodvibes We then are making our way over to Vero for 3 nights in a BC. It's a grand gathering family vacation! 3 more sleeps ;)

7. LadyKay

LadyKay Mouseketeer

We are also booked 4 nights at a grand villa @BWV following our 3 nights at BLT. Hoping for a one story as well :goodvibes We then are making our way over to Vero for 3 nights in a BC. It's a grand gathering family vacation! 3 more sleeps ;)

8. LadyKay

LadyKay Mouseketeer

We are here now, checked in today! BLT's Grand Villa is awesome! Superb even! Just like the photos, if not better. We requested a north side villa and received our request. Room 8510 to be precise. We have a lake view as well as THE BEST Magic Kingdom view we've ever had (even when we've splurged on booking a MK view) because it's minus the parking lot :thumbsup2 I will post picks when I can :)

9. dbs1228

dbs1228 DIS Veteran

We stayed in LK GV at BLT for 6 nights over NYE this year! It was awesome and so worth using 2.5 years worth of points! I think we may need to add on since I could really get used to it:lmao: We were in the North building also and I thought we were upgraded because we had the most amazing MK view! The downside if there is one - it was a HA room which got old since we did most meals in the room and the kitchen was really awkward! You had to bend down to wash dishes minor stuff but SO WORTH IT for NYE and the fireworks from the balcony! :thumbsup2

Enjoy

10. bobbiwoz

bobbiwoz I'm happy to dance with you!

Wow, how wonderful!

11. momof3poohlovers

momof3poohlovers DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone! We are so excited. We stayed on the 14th floor in a 2 bedroom in the last room at the end of the hall in the north tower (room 8402) and our view was amazing so I think we will request that tower again.

LadyKay- I am so glad you are loving your room! Hopefully we can get the same room. Is the room as stunning as it looks online?

12. LadyKay

LadyKay Mouseketeer

BLT GV is in fact just as stunning as the photos online :) We've now moved to BWV GV and it too is awesome! Love the location and set up of both!

13. grinder6

grinder6 Earning My Ears

Id love to see BWV GV pics if you could. We're headed to one in October. Have a great trip!

14. dbs1228

dbs1228 DIS Veteran

Me too! In the process of trying to buy BWV so we can hopefully get the GV there!;)

15. LadyKay

LadyKay Mouseketeer

I will be happy to. I just may need a bit of time to sort through all my photos. We are in the two story,(5037 to be precise) was hoping for the one level but we are thrilled and enjoying it regardless.

16. goNDmay9

goNDmay9 Mouseketeer

Sorry to revive an old thread... But for those who have stayed, was it worth the extra points splurge??? Compared to say using your points for two 2 Bedrooms at BLT or a 2 Bedroom and a studio for less. Is it something that should be saved for something special like some of the PP's NYE and weddings?

Those GV pics are just gorgeous and I am so tempted!

17. TIGGERmetoo

TIGGERmetoo DIS Veteran

Another question for those who have stayed there, is there a good sized coffee pot ?

18. floribr1

floribr1 Mouseketeer

Well, "worth" is a very subjective thing... :p I can tell you that we absolutely love the grand villas we have stayed in (OKW, BLT and VGC, four nights in each). There really is a true sense of being in a a real vacation home. Our goal is now to stay at least once in a grand villa in every DVC resort. The plan for our next GV stay is at Aulani ocean view. :cloud9:

The coffee pot is the same as in the 1BR / 2BR villas, which is the 8 (or maybe 10?) cup Mr. Coffee machine.

19. TIGGERmetoo

TIGGERmetoo DIS Veteran

Is there a big pitcher in the villa?

20. RweTHEREyet

RweTHEREyet DIS Veteran

IIRC, there was a 2-qt. pitcher that we used for crystal light when we stayed there last September.

21. RweTHEREyet

RweTHEREyet DIS Veteran

We had a BLT GV for 9 nights last September. It was sort of an extended family reunion, just 8 of us, and we felt it worth every point to have everybody together and on the same page all the time. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

We have also stayed in GVs at OKW and at SSR, and I loved BLT the best, SSR the least and would not do that one again.